test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] 316 – POLITICS AND WAR GAMES | PRIORITY ONE: A RODDENBERRY STAR TREK PODCAST

fynncobbfynncobb Member Posts: 57 Media Corps
Greetings, Captains! You’re listening to EPISODE 316 OF PRIORITY ONE PODCAST, your weekly report on all things Star Trek! Recorded LIVE on Thursday, May 4th, 2017 and available for download or streaming on Monday, May 8th at PriorityOnePodcast.com!

This week, we’re Trekking Out the latest casting news for Star Trek Discovery, and CBS President and CEO Les Moonves sticks his foot in it with the fans again. In Star Trek Online and other gaming news, we’re recapping the latest featured episode to hit Star Trek Online on PC, and there’s a big Borg event going on right now in Star Trek Timelines for mobile devices. Later, Jake and Cookie are tempting us with more Trekkie Treats in the Promenade.

And as always, before we wrap up the show, we’ll open hailing frequencies for your incoming messages!

TOPICS DISCUSSED

THIS WEEK’S COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
    • What do you think about the new PvE queues in Star Trek Online? Do you have any great ideas about how to revamp or refresh the queues?

BE SURE TO VISIT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE PREMIER STAR TREK ONLINE PODCAST!

Priority One Productions is always looking for new team members that have a passion for Star Trek. Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well-known outlet for your work. If you have a skill that you believe could enhance our content, then send your contact information and experience along with a few writing samples to INCOMING@PRIORITYONEPODCAST.COM

Did you miss any of our great Blogs last week? Stop by THIS LINK and see for yourself! How about our latest Video Release? You can also follow us on the social media sites! We’re on Facebook! Head over to WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/PRIORITYONEPODCAST and say, “Hi!” Or, Check us out on Twitter via @PRIORITYONEPOD for show times and other cool stuff.

Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below or CONTACT US via our handy web form! Enjoy the show!

Winter’s Tip of the Week is underscored by:
    Hero Down Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
    Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):
    Web: priorityonepodcast.com/po316/
    iTunes: Priority One Podcast

SUBSCRIBE:
    OUR RSS FEED

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
    STOPriorityONE

316-269x300.png

Comments

• tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
      What do you think about the new PvE queues in Star Trek Online? Do you have any great ideas about how to revamp or refresh the queues?
      A couple weeks with the new Competitive queues, and I guess they're still OK, even if the 'new car shine' is wearing off. As soon as most peeps finish the new rep though, I do kinda see them (and Competitive PvE in general) fading into obscurity, unless the devs were to make like a weekend Competitive PvE event like how Arena of Sompek worked, with bonus/special rewards to keep the masses coming back. 'Cuz at the end of the day there's really only two things to draw most folks back into these PvPvE scenarios: ganking lulz and good lootz.

How to revitalize the queues? Featured Daily Queue system! Have a small rotating daily schedule of queues (say, Khitomer Space, Brotherhood of the Sword, and Counterpoint on one day, advertised with big banner images at the top of the PvE queue menu) that have their rewards turned up obscenely high, so the grinder people flock to them in droves. Each day would have a different set of queues, bringing the grinder mass along instead of folks just defaulting to Infected Space or Crystalline Entity for lootz farming. Better still, if a player just goes through the featured queues every day, eventually they should get experience in all of them, meaning that more people can do any of the queues, at any time.

I tend to favor a Featured Queue system over soloizing the older queues, since 1) I like my own idea better B) , 2) I bet that it's more time/dev resources consuming to rebalance (or in some cases, completely reconstruct) each of the queues vs. just plopping them in a bonus rewards schedule, and 3) Star Trek Online is still an MMO, so you should be playing with other people at some point, right? I mean, solo queues would probably still be a step up from the current setup, and I get newer folks needing ways to easily complete older rep queues that the rest of the playerbase has long since moved away from, but it just sounds to me like it's betraying the core spirit of the game. If you aren't playing with other folks in the story missions, and you're only playing solo queues, and you're definitely not doing PvP :p , when are you ever doing the 'Multiplayer' part of an MMO? (Maybe Zone Chat screaming matches?) There have to be other ways to incentivize queue activity or lower the barriers without giving people an out from the 'playing with others' piece of the game.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
      bring back hourly events for specific bonus marks ,cxp ... i also liked elijah's idea about implementing the competitive aspect to the battlezones