test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Temporal faction rep worth it past T3

mercurythefirstmercurythefirst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
I like to try to get all reps to T5, and so far have Nukara and Omega maxed with Dyson and Undine not far behind.

The rest I've all got to T3 since coming back from my 3-year quit, but one is sticking out as extremely unenjoyable to do: Temporal.

These space missions are such a drag, (and I don't play ground at all) is it worth getting to T5 on a science character? I've noticed the deflector seems alright for healing, but I'm thinking that if I get around to building a healboat I'll probably use Lukari. Does the temporal gear's usability reflect the hassle of their associated STFs or should I spend my time more wisely.

If it matters I'm currently using Nukara 3-piece set.

Edit: For ground gear (which I only utilize in mission chains that literally force me through ground stuff) I exclusively use sniper rifles.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bloodpact.net

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."

-Michelangelo

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Honestly... its worth getting to T5 for the Dilithium alone. 30k or so + whatever marks you don't need ground into more Dilithium. I do agree though that Temporal is a bit of a drag, but if that's the case then focus on doing a daily Borg or Tholian Alert and pick Temporal Marks as the reward.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The Temporal and Terran Reputations can be done at the same time with the Badlands Battlezone. With Battlezones, you can just capture a couple of zones for the daily bonus or complete the Battlezone for 3 Elite Marks from the Temporal and Terran Reputations in addition to the Marks and Elite Marks from the Bonus stage for defeating all 3 space stations. The amount of pain caused from the Badlands Battlezone is a thousand times less than doing the Tzenkethi Battlezone for the Lukari Reputation.

The Temporal space set instantly makes your ship into a disco ball. The Terran ground set is one of the few ground sets with a melee weapon.
  • mercurythefirstmercurythefirst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Honestly... its worth getting to T5 for the Dilithium alone. 30k or so + whatever marks you don't need ground into more Dilithium. I do agree though that Temporal is a bit of a drag, but if that's the case then focus on doing a daily Borg or Tholian Alert and pick Temporal Marks as the reward.

According to the STF UI, Tholian Alert and Borg Alert do not give temporal marks.

Also, 30K dilithium is like 100 Zen. Less than a dollar.

For perspective, I snorted two elite callistos from the fleet shop last week for 88k Dil and now they're useless. At which point I just stopped using my Jupiter.
    starkaos wrote: »
    The Temporal and Terran Reputations can be done at the same time with the Badlands Battlezone. With Battlezones, you can just capture a couple of zones for the daily bonus or complete the Battlezone for 3 Elite Marks from the Temporal and Terran Reputations in addition to the Marks and Elite Marks from the Bonus stage for defeating all 3 space stations. The amount of pain caused from the Badlands Battlezone is a thousand times less than doing the Tzenkethi Battlezone for the Lukari Reputation.

The Temporal space set instantly makes your ship into a disco ball.

I haven't heard of that content. It's space, right? As I mentioned I don't do ground.

As for the disco ball, I guess I have to look that up lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    bloodpact.net

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."

-Michelangelo
  • odanovaodanova Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    [Borg and Tholian red alert gives Temporal marks. They let you pick any mark except the new competitive marks.

My routine is usually:

Borg for Omega marks + whatever I immediately need.
    Crystaline Entity for Nukara marks bonus
    Tholian - free choice.

Then I rotate Borg and Tholian all night long depending on what marks I need to top up beyond 30+ so I can run the daily rep thing.

I think Borg Disconnected offers a choice too, so you could throw that in as well so you have four different things to do (skipping the Crystal if you don't need the nukara marks obviously.)
    rattler2 wrote: »

According to the STF UI, Tholian Alert and Borg Alert do not give temporal marks.

For perspective, I snorted two elite callistos from the fleet shop last week for 88k Dil and now they're useless. At which point I just stopped using my Jupiter.
    starkaos wrote: »

The Temporal space set instantly makes your ship into a disco ball.

I haven't heard of that content. It's space, right? As I mentioned I don't do ground.

As for the disco ball, I guess I have to look that up lol.

The Badlands Battlezone is space and is slightly north of DS9. There is one ground Battlezone and one space Battlezone in the Solanae Dyson Sphere and 2 space Battlezones outside of the Solanae Dyson Sphere.

You can test Reputation gear by going on Tribble and interacting with a certain console on Drozana. It gives you a ton of Marks, Elite Marks, Energy Credits, and Dilithium. Also, Reputation projects only take a few seconds. So while every Reputation is reset to 0 on Tribble and it takes a lot of clicking to get to Tier 5, it is possible to finish a Reputation in a few minutes.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

It' 50K, for one. And good for ca. 50 Upgrade rounds.

Temporal Rep V has a nice 'clickety' Active Trait. And, indeed, the visuals of the space set are really nice.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    If you have a character that is a non-dil slave, it's worth it to get to T5 in every single rep.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    If you have a character that is a non-dil slave, it's worth it to get to T5 in every single rep.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    The space rep items and the T5 active space ability are great for EPG Sci builds.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    I take the view that reps might as well get done, if not for your current character but to buy rep tokens for any additional toons you might roll. The painless ways to get rep points are to use the choice of rep boxes from events, like the summer event* in June, or do a little grinding during bonus marks weekends.

* collect eggs as a random drop during lohlunat hunt, then go through doff missions that turn eggs to chicks, chicks to bigger birds.... and trade them big ones for I think 75 marks.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    I admit that my head began spinning as I read through this thread. I must either be doing something really wrong or not doing enough of the right kind of stuff, since none of my reputations have advanced much over the months that I've been playing STO on console?

I really need to figure this process out.
  • mercurythefirstmercurythefirst Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I admit that my head began spinning as I read through this thread. I must either be doing something really wrong or not doing enough of the right kind of stuff, since none of my reputations have advanced much over the months that I've been playing STO on console?

I really need to figure this process out.

Tier 3 is where you get most of the good stuff anyway. Pick a set you like from the tier 3 options then try to get that one to T5 more than the others. (I did this with Nukara but somehow got Omega maxed almost at the same time)

If you don't know how to advance to the next tier (Reputation level) you have to click the "Upgrade" box to "claim tier (X) reputation" to move on to building the next tier of rep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    bloodpact.net

-Michelangelo
  • rocketfromthe#7059 rocketfromthe Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Personally I thin the temporal space set is the best one in the game and kicks the iconian set to shame
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The t5 active trait is pretty decent, especially if you can dump a grav well or similar to keep ships from flying out of the centre of the time bubble as it shrinks.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    If you're up to it, Miner Instabilities is a great way to get Temporal Rep Marks and Elite Tokens. If you'd like to give it a whirl try the Normal version first. I never care much for ground queued instances but I've made an exception for Miner Instabilities Elite / MINE.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • david#5676 david Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Is it just me or does it seem impossible to actually join a Miner Instabilities que? I've only played it once because you wait forever for it to start and it seems no one else joins. The breach almost always starts instantly, though.

I am level 5 in the Temporal Defense rep and its pretty awesome. It feels to me that the Temporal abilities/equipment /ships are just totally overpowered in a giddy like a kid on Christmas day kind of way.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I use both the ground set and the space set on my AoY Sci char and while I wouldn't say she's OP (the character that is I'm not referring to myself in third person and besides I'm male), she's good enough to keep up with my fleet mates to be a contributing member to the group rather then just dead weight.
  • wyldbillwyldbill Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    i have a question, maybe someone can answer about temporal timeships, there is a temporal bar on my ship that doesnt light up
    or whatever, i have two temporal operatives in the two slots for universal but nothing happens? am I doing something wrong?
    I am on PS4 STO.
    wyldbill wrote: »
    i have a question, maybe someone can answer about temporal timeships, there is a temporal bar on my ship that doesnt light up
    or whatever, i have two temporal operatives in the two slots for universal but nothing happens? am I doing something wrong?
    I am on PS4 STO.

That is the Molecular Reconstruction mechanic. You have to click on one of the first 3 buttons to activate it and then when it fills up, you can use it to fire the Molecular Deconstruction beam. It is extremely OP at low levels. I click on the first button due to it increasing the damage, but one of them heals you for a bit and I forget what the other one does.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    First button also gives the ship a small speed boost which is pretty handy for ships like the delphic carrier, lets you keep up with a team better even if you leave your pets behind faster.

The universal stations only consider tac, eng and sci to be valid abilities with the specials like temporal being greyed out and unusable. They'll be able to use their basic abilities from eng, tac or sci but not the specials.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    With sponsorship I leveled up 9 Reputations from start to completion in about 22 days with my newest Character. Red Alerts, some Battlezones and a PVE Queue to fill in and you can get more than the Marks you need for a couple of days leveling in a bit over an hour.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I think one needs to win 4 runs of Miners Elite to get enough marks to push the rep from tier 3 to 5. So you basically tend to it for 15 minutes a day for half a week.

Is it really necessary to start a consideration thread over this? How about just to play!

And yes, the tier 5 active ground power alone would make it worth it.
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    wyldbill wrote: »
    I am on PS4 STO.

1) as it was noted before me - you need to activate one of 3 modes before the bar starts charging (you can mix it - fill some points with one mode, then switch to another mode for another, and another...) once you got 6 points you can fire the beam, which the does additionall things depending on type and quantity of differents points
    2) single type of BOFF station is always about basic types: Tac/Eng/Sci. If it is hybrid station then it would have second type specified, like Tactical/Command, Science/Intel, Universal/Temporal... so to get true universall BOFF station its type should be: Universal/Universal - i think...

Edit:
    About the topic question - all abilities are worth something - in this case the Temporal Reputation can really help Science-oriented build.
  • wyldbillwyldbill Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @saber1973a said:
    > wyldbill wrote: »
    >
    > i have a question, maybe someone can answer about temporal timeships, there is a temporal bar on my ship that doesnt light up
    > or whatever, i have two temporal operatives in the two slots for universal but nothing happens? am I doing something wrong?
    > I am on PS4 STO.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 1) as it was noted before me - you need to activate one of 3 modes before the bar starts charging (you can mix it - fill some points with one mode, then switch to another mode for another, and another...) once you got 6 points you can fire the beam, which the does additionall things depending on type and quantity of differents points
    > 2) single type of BOFF station is always about basic types: Tac/Eng/Sci. If it is hybrid station then it would have second type specified, like Tactical/Command, Science/Intel, Universal/Temporal... so to get true universall BOFF station its type should be: Universal/Universal - i think...
    >
    > Edit:
    > About the topic question - all abilities are worth something - in this case the Temporal Reputation can really help Science-oriented build.

So I am going to sound like a total noob, but how do you activate the three modes, what buttons do i press,? sorry i would have made a thread but being new to the forum doesn't allow me :smile:
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    The buttons are directly under the bar - 1-3rd are for charging mode, the last one is to fire it.

Here is STO Wiki page about this:
    sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Molecular_Reconstruction
  • david#5676 david Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Depending on the platform, but on the Xbox, you hold down the LB button and it gives you options for offensive, defensive and support modes. If you select one of those, it fills up that meter.

But yeah... I use the Temporal Raider with the 4 piece space set, full anti proton cannons up front with krenim chrono torp that bypasses 100% shields and in back I have ancient omni and an anti proton turret. Paired with the full temporal consoles from the 31st century ships and a bunch of anti proton buffs and 2 turn rate buffs... Pure insanity. The ship literally turns on a dime and lays waste to anything in space. Is tier 5 worth it? It's just epic if you max it out and build it right.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    To get back to the OP's question: I consider it useful to get every rep on every toon to T5. Comparatively easy dil, depending on build access to useful traits/equipment. The latter may be interesting when another balance change comes around, you are already prepared for whatever is good then.

Just remember that you don't have to do all reps naow. There are enough "choose your marks" events coming along (pet raising in summer/winter, CC event, ...) if the "regular" ways of earning it aren't to your liking. And don't forget that the daily bonus is a huge factor. Grinding them out at max speed just slows you down. You'll only need 30 a day (35 if levelling) anyways. And for some reps (Rom, Delta) you'll even get some missions along the main arcs awarding them. Maybe don't rush them too quickly (daily bonus...) and you're at least halfway there.

Also, if playing multiple toons, don't forget the sponsoring, which let's you get the T5 for 500 marks less (625 instead of 1225 but 100 sponsoring cost).
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries