test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Did You Think: Core Assault

1235»

Comments

• nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    OK, so Twin Tribulations is out now, people can stop whining about the "forced" PvP at the end of CA. Just play TT instead, it's the same except no core room, no PvP, team who gets through the puzzles first wins.

I have to say Twin Tribulations is better then Core Assault. PvP aspect aside, the fact that there isn't a one shot uber NPC ability firing off every 25% in this setup makes it an enjoyable experience. Totally finishing out my rep grind in TTN. Might even play it after the rep grind is done.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Meh - bit tired of Core Assault and Twin Tribulations now. They're little more than DPS races - it doesn't seem as if the matchmaker is getting it right either, as the teams I've faced have been WAY ahead of the one I've been in each time.

Heck - just bailed on one where the opposing team were in the third room whilst the team I was on was stuck in the first one fighting the swarm challenge at 33% completion.

Sorry Devs - your player matching system SUCKS.

something I've noticed-it's not the matchmaking system, so much as players themselves having figured out how to game the structure of the match.

I noticed this first in the keys section (the color matching puzzle).

players deliberately 'slowing down' progress to avoid having to face opposition in the Core room. Usually one or two, but in at least one run, I observed the other four were doing it. things like picking up the Charge in Relay, and then flying the wrong direction, circling, picking a fight with the NPC's, or dropping from high impulse to low.

In the matching puzzle, hitting symbols that aren't even in the displayed list.

repeatedly.

In Jack-in-the-box, staying out of the box. Not just accidentally, but hanging back out of it.

on the unlock, fly up, then fly away.

repeatedly.

This is stuff that either we've got the stupidest playerbase in history (not necessarily out of th e question), or people are really worried that they'll get blowed up in the core room.

capper is listening to people in zone discussing how to do this between matches and still get 'full rewards'.
    Hmm - must confess I hadn't considered that. Have certainly had plenty of instances where it has been either only myself or myself and one other team-member bothering to do the challenges.

I had considered it, but until I heard people discussing the how-to's for doing it, I'd thought maybe Cryptic had addressed the problem of people throwing matches for full rewards. (Something that was popular out there before-and is why Arena and C&H don't reward much of anything now.)

It's an old problem, dates back to around 2012 or so and the introduction of Fleet projects and Marks to th e game. What people were doing back then was setting up private matches, and having a pre-arranged designated 'killer' to complete the matches in the shortest amount of time with the least effort. they'd take their shields off, hands off the keyboard, and in around 1-2 minutes make more DIl and marks than they could make playing the PvE content, and they could back-to-back it every hour or so.

Cryptic's response was to remove the bulk of the rewards and add a massive time gate for the PvP wrappers, effectively stripping the activity of worthwhile rewards.
    They didn't remove the rewards, they just required grinders use the default score caps for the matches instead of minimum. Sure, it drastically reduced the reward/time ratio but it was still worth it for some time, at least when you had both wrappers on at once. What really killed the coop-PvP scene was the rise of the PvE speedruns with disproportionate rewards that nothing could keep up with. Just like PvP in general, and a whole lot of other things.

A shame, really. It was much more fun and interesting organizing those games than the current fad of CCA grinding.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    he means the dil. the PvP wrappers originally gave dil.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    And they still do.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Hmm, just did TT for the fisrt time yesterday, and didn't know youre supposed to fly into the box, since it's death sentence in core assault.

We had an NPC wedge himself into a hidden corner of room 2 last night, our team was stuck and wondering wth was going on while time was ticking away. 30 seconds later one of my fighters starting shooting at it and I found and finished it off, then the room immediately passed us onto the next room.

Needless to say we lost yet another one with the NPC hide and seek. I might have to try the ground one cause I'm getting pretty sick and tired of getting griefed by the matchmaker, the cores, and now the hiding NPC's.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Haven't had any bugs in core assault that I'm aware of.
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    a lot of fun

u need to fix that ur ship has "exploding" visuals after respawning thou
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    As with Survivor, we're going to make new threads for new content, so you guys can give us your feedback!

What did you think of the War Games Queue: Core Assault?

LOVING IT, KEEP IT COMING!!!!!
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    If I "Trust" the match making cryptic says take place in the CPVE stuff like Core Assault...I like it!.. Sometimes..The team doesn't make it out into the Core (boring)..Sometimes the Both Teams Target the Respective cores with little interaction between the teams...And sometimes...Both teams Target each-other Ignoring the cores all together...I haven't met any OP players in that environment..Certainly few who can wipe out the entire opposing team on their own (Said team is actively attacking the single player)..Kinda like a 6 Fed gank of the 1 or 2 KDF in ker'rat :P

All in all ..I think Core and Twin Tribulations are Fun for different reasons..but Fun.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

actually, what I'm referencing, was that the Pvp wrappers for a while gave Fleet Marks in addition to dilithium, and dilithium at the same rate as STF runs on the old Elite setting, plus you could back-to-back the kill missions and death missions in the same day since they reset on an hourly, as opposed to x-number-of-days basis.

and people abused the **** out of it...so it doesn't DO THAT anymore.
    They still give the same dil as before (1440). The daily one still gives fleet marks. Can't say about the cooldowns now, since I haven't actually played them in ages, but when I did the daily still had a 20h CD and the other one 1h. AFAIK all they ever changed about the wrappers was to require private queue runs use the default score cap to count.

We didn't stop running PvP because they did anything about the wrappers. We stopped running it because quickie runs of ISA and CCA started giving more reward for less time, even if you had both wrappers on at once for 2880 dil and 50 flarks.