test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

will we finally get to fly borg cubes and spheres now

Now that Enterprise J is in the game does that me they have no more excuses not to put borg cubes and other borg vessels in the game for toons to fly we always got the excuse that The enterprise J was to big to be put in the game the same excuse was put up for borg vessels as well so with the J in the game they no longer have that excuse do you guys agree and do you think it will happen

Comments

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Why not? It's not like there was a shred of immersion left in the game as it is.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Why not let us fly them in a competitive rep mission? (I.E. Turn us into Borg ships like the consoles can do in that one mission, but into drones with their own abilities) Borg vs Undine? ... then have said mission play out like your normal space pvp (first to 30 kills wins)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Yes and please put this behind the most rare ultra-exclusive money grab ever. Just kidding but reality might prove me correct.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    No interest in them for myself, but if selling Borg ships keeps the game alive, I'm all for it.

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I think they should reserve those for a Cooperative mini-faction (something I used to oppose, but now I think this could be a good idea) or as a Vet reward besides the Liberated Borg species - which would also bring in a lot of money I imagine.

One of the mistakes (according to some) that was made with releasing Cardassian ships through a lockbox, was that it's now more difficult to add them as part of an expansion or new faction. They will likely want to avoid repeating this mistake with the Borg/Cooperative.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The devs don't need to explain their adding or not adding a ship.

It's players/forum posters that have made the "excuse" that some ships are "too big."
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    some fans still hold up as same kinda ultimate tech race or something, I don't know or really care. and those complain whenever the idea comes up. and whether or not you agree with them. that is a reason for cryptic to think hard before releasing borg ships.

that being said I see no reason why we couldn't have cooperative ships, with cubes being saved for lifer/vet ships for a theoretical cooperative faction. and I see no reason those couldn't have classic borg skins.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    honestly even if they did come out i would not use a borg ship due to its symmetry i lose the spatial awareness of fore and aft which is bad for piloting a ship
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind a sphere..

Cubes on the other hand.... would be a little ridiculous.

While the Ent J is Huge (Donald Trump voice). Its not huge in a 360' way. Length and width might be on par with a cube, but the height is a different story.

Its a pancake. Super thin.
    This, in and of itself, negates your viewpoint that there is no longer an excuse to not add Cubes to the players repertoires.

However, if you were willing to slice a slim portion off the cube (say 1/16th) and fly that... I'm all for you wasting 30$ on it.
    Make it so.

Easy as sliced bread.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Maybe the cube could be a fleet asset map you unlock, and from there you can craft (smaller) borg-themed ships and equipment.