test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D help

skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
in the school where u build upgrade's what's the best thing to build in order to level that school up?

I'm afk and can't remember atm

Comments

• ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    All of the R&D schools have an option right at the bottom that runs for 20 hours, uses a token consumable and doff, builds nothing, but which provides a large bonus to that school. You can run (at most) 3 from each school at a time.

• skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    hmm I could of sworn that school doesn't have one of them. maybe I'm thinking of special projects
  • kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    in the school where u build upgrade's what's the best thing to build in order to level that school up?

If you are in a fleet, there is also a great DOFF assignment at the Fleet Research Lab (Delta Quad) that awards like 5000 pts for successful completion...higher quality DOFF definitely help. To that end you can also purchase Krenim DOFF at the lab in the other room....save up for very rare because at some point using higher quality you no longer have any risk, and the explosions stop ;-) (Don't get discouraged, I have successfully completed that assignment with just standard uncommon DOFF.)

* Forgot to mention that you can choose which school you want to use for that assignment. So as the other commenter stated you can do 3 of those 20 hr ones, plus one at the research lab, which I think is 18 hrs... that is how I am doing it anyway.
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    thanks for the tips I'll be home soon to check them out thanks
    While you're at the lab, one more thing worth thinking about and very worth doing, is getting the extra slot for research assignments.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    kf4tvi wrote: »

If you are in a fleet, there is also a great DOFF assignment at the Fleet Research Lab (Delta Quad) that awards like 5000 pts for successful completion...higher quality DOFF definitely help. To that end you can also purchase Krenim DOFF at the lab in the other room....save up for very rare because at some point using higher quality you no longer have any risk, and the explosions stop ;-) (Don't get discouraged, I have successfully completed that assignment with just standard uncommon DOFF.)

* Forgot to mention that you can choose which school you want to use for that assignment. So as the other commenter stated you can do 3 of those 20 hr ones, plus one at the research lab, which I think is 18 hrs... that is how I am doing it anyway.

How is the Krenim DOFF helpful.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    kf4tvi wrote: »
    If you are in a fleet, there is also a great DOFF assignment at the Fleet Research Lab (Delta Quad) that awards like 5000 pts for successful completion...
    Those assignments also provide everything needed to create a Superior Upgrade Tech for that school.
    tarran61 wrote: »
    They have the Perfectionist trait, which helps the Fleet Research Lab R&D projects.
  • tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    They are also required for special projects in the r&d tab such as Omni beams
    tarran61 wrote: »

Yes, as has been pointed out those Krenim DOFFs have at least some of the traits like 'perfectionist' which help assure successful/critical completion. The more of the GREEN traits you can match the better chance of a successful or critical result...of course any red traits hurt your chances, so just having purple people isn't necessarily enough.

Example, last week I had a few assignments that required 'refugees' for completion and they rewarded hundreds of points, so I was determined to try and get criticals on them both because I was less than 1000 pts away from getting my recruitment up to level 4! So, I wrote down the require traits, and also the ones to avoid, and headed to the exchange....oh boy.

Found out real fast that at least in STO, refugees are highly prized commodities. I think I ended up with two blue or two purple refugees, can't remember exactly but they were both over 2m so probably only blue ;-). Anyway one met two green traits, and one only met one green trait, with neither one having any red. The assignment with two green ended up with a critical success, and the other just a success.... and as I recall I ended up receiving a blue DOFF for the one where I only met one green trait, and a purple reward DOFF for the one that I met two traits...

Of course it don't always work out so nice, I did one where I spent over a million on a blue refugee and only received a common doff as a reward.... he went straight to a fleet project so it is all good.

Best Regards
    New 'Starfleet Recruiter'