test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

315 – STAR TREK ONLINE SEASON 13 WITH JEREMY RANDALL | PRIORITY ONE: A RODDENBERRY STAR TREK PODCAST

fynncobbfynncobb Member Posts: 57 Media Corps
Greetings, Captains! You’re listening to EPISODE 315 OF PRIORITY ONE PODCAST, your weekly report on all things Star Trek! Recorded LIVE on Thursday, April 27th, 2017 and available for download or streaming on Monday, May 1st at PriorityOnePodcast.com!

This week, we Trek Out the fate of the 4th Kelvin Timeline film, an awesome PC mod, and a special announcement regarding this very podcast. In Star Trek Online news, Season 13 goes live – and although we don’t get nitty gritty this week, we are thrilled to be joined by Star Trek Online Systems Designer Jeremy “Borticus” Randall to get under the hood of this most recent update.

And as always, before we wrap up the show, we’ll open hailing frequencies for your incoming messages!

TOPICS DISCUSSED

THIS WEEK’S COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
    • Tell us about your PC rig! If you’ve got an awesome setup, take a picture and share it with us via Twitter @priorityonepod!
    • Now that you’ve had a chance to play some of the content for Season 13, what are your thoughts? Do you enjoy the new War Games? What did you think of that featured episode? Did you even notice that space combat was affected?

BE SURE TO VISIT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE PREMIER STAR TREK ONLINE PODCAST!

Priority One Productions is always looking for new team members that have a passion for Star Trek. Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well-known outlet for your work. If you have a skill that you believe could enhance our content, then send your contact information and experience along with a few writing samples to INCOMING@PRIORITYONEPODCAST.COM

Did you miss any of our great Blogs last week? Stop by THIS LINK and see for yourself! How about our latest Video Release? You can also follow us on the social media sites! We’re on Facebook! Head over to WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/PRIORITYONEPODCAST and say, “Hi!” Or, Check us out on Twitter via @PRIORITYONEPOD for show times and other cool stuff.

Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below or CONTACT US via our handy web form! Enjoy the show!

Winter’s Tip of the Week is underscored by:
    Hero Down Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
    Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):
    Web: priorityonepodcast.com/po315/
    iTunes: Priority One Podcast

SUBSCRIBE:
    OUR RSS FEED

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
    STOPriorityONE

315-269x300.png

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      sophlogimo wrote: »
      The best place for feedback is the forums? I suggest to make that more obvious by posting more here and less... elsewhere? ;)
      Us giving feedback does not mean that anyone at Cryptic has to respond to it in a post.
      Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
      On the subject of torpedos and energy weapons..

Is it just me, or wouldn't the most elegant solution be to make energy weapons effective against shields, but ineffective against armor, while kinetics(torpedos/mines) are good at penetrating armor, but weak(as they currently are) against shields? Specializing into energy weapons could give improved shield damage and maybe some armor penetration; conversely speccing into kinetics would improve their armor penetration while perhaps giving some shield penetration.
    • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
      So Cryptic considers doff gathering missions exploration. lol
      i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
      original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
    • tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
      Tell us about your PC rig! If you’ve got an awesome setup, take a picture and share it with us via Twitter @priorityonepod !
      I don't have a Twitter, so I'll just put this here:
      06-11_commodorepet.jpg
      Ain't she a beaut? High definition screen and everything! :D
      (I kid, I kid...but my comp is old.)

Now that you’ve had a chance to play some of the content for Season 13, what are your thoughts? Do you enjoy the new War Games? What did you think of that featured episode? Did you even notice that space combat was affected?
      Well, I jotted down my thoughts on "Mirrors and Smoke" last week. Basically a heavy-handed moral tale about how polluting things is baaad, and that we should work together to solve problems instead of just hurling bullets and photon torpedoes at all the foreigners...well, duh. Good moral tales require finesse, not bludgeoning viewers over and over with the obvious. There's much better storytelling elsewhere in Trek and STO.

Touched on the War Game queues last week too, although I will add that I wish "Binary Circuit" had an option to skip the jumping puzzle thing once your team has already solved it, or like an 'easy bridge' option, 'cuz honestly I am HORRIBLE at jumping/balance puzzles; so as long as one of the team members has reached the end and tapped the console thingy, it'd be nice if there was a way to bypass that one part for folks like me who aren't as good with their rapid fire WASD or mouse clicking. As far as space combat goes, it feels about the same to me. The Eng Captain EPS ability gives me some extra power, other than that I shoot at things and they go boom. :) Of course, I'm not at the bleeding edge of DEEPS performance, so your results may vary.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
      A little late, but I wanted to correct Winters. According to STO Wiki, and for as long as I have known, the Efficient trait does stack.
      =\/= ================================ =\/=
      Centurion maximus92
      12th Legion, Romulan Republic
      12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=