test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Privateer Lock Box!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Get in touch with your inner rogue in the newest Lock Box on PC!

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10467863

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    That's not Tzenkathi! :O
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    it is indeed not Tzenkethi but i like it
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    So a bit of a 30th TNG Anniversary tribute? Neat.

The Husnock ship seems not very sexy, though. The Miradorn Space Crab... Neat.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Lots of fun stuff in there.
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    No Varon-T disruptor? Bogus.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    This is pretty darn cool. Nice job.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    Wait - any minor prize ships?

I think they may be moving away from that type of model. I personally liked a lot of the T5's they released in the lockboxes, but it seems there's not going to be anymore. Or if there are, they are going to be few and far between.

As for the box itself, I've been wanting a Husnock ship for a very long time. And now, I can get one. Well, once I get enough Lobi to get one. The Miradorn ship looks nice, I could live with it if I got it.

The ground weapon models look nice as well. Definitely like the uniform too.

Guess I may have to open a few just for gits and shiggles.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    This box contains weapons that utilize advanced Disruptor technology powered by Krieger Waves. Ground Weapons use a special converter that has a chance to transfer its excess power to your kit modules to increase Kit Readiness and Performance. Space Disruptors are powered from a Krieger Wave Converter, resulting in a unique disruptor that has the potential to enhance a ship's systems involved in Drain and Control capabilities.

IUTjYSv.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    No Promellian battle cruiser? :) Looks like a fun box.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • kidflash112kidflash112 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Looks like Disruptors are getting some major love
    [img][/img]screenshot_2017-03-05-09-33-16_zpsuuddenl4.jpg
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Huh, was really expecting Tzenkethi. Oh well, this looks like a fun pack. I especially like the idea of the Saboteur Delivery Vehicle. "Please Captain, allow me to be used as ammo next!" Seem's like something I'd have fun with on my Klink, but I'd question any Fed captains that used it :P
    oohh... Miradorn and Husnock... pretty!!!!! Mildly disappointed there was no kit module based on Stone of Gol.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Those ground weapons are gonna be nice for my KDF Orion.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    Can't wait to see what they have designed for the Miradorn and Husnock Bridges for my collection
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Husnock? Why? When one old man can beat them all...
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    For the 30 Year TNG Anniversary ... please, pretty please give us a Galaxy and Sovereign interior (canon) like you did for the TOS-Enterprise, Voyager and Defiant. TNG and ETP are the only shows left without a canon ship interior and TNG deserves it first, I think. ^^ Also, a visual remake of the Season 3 to 7 TNG uniforms wouldn't hurt either, they look really blurry and they have glitches at the upper arm to torso overpass.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    > @wisecasper said:
    > Can't wait to see what they have designed for the Miradorn and Husnock Bridges for my collection

They'll probably use the bridge seen in Gambit parts 1 and 2 for the Miradorn ship.
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    TNG themed lockbox? Husnock ship? Privateer weapons? Galen's outfit? My wallet's already curled up in the fetal position.

Seriously, this is actually the first lockbox since T6 became an actual thing that I'm interested in.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    This is a very promising lock box with lots of different items. I am so glad Cryptic is offering some respect to ST:TNG via this lock box & hopefully other. I grew-up watching TNG & enjoyed immensely. Also, since that might indeed be Data at the tail-end of that Survivor episode that would be cool too. I am not much for the gamble boxes, but this Privateer one looks interesting.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Husnock? Why? When one old man can beat them all...

That wasn't just some old man pining away because of lost love. He was a Douwd :-)

• djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    odyssey47 wrote: »
    > @wisecasper said:
    > Can't wait to see what they have designed for the Miradorn and Husnock Bridges for my collection

They'll probably use the bridge seen in Gambit parts 1 and 2 for the Miradorn ship.

If they even make a unique bridge. We didn't get one for the NX class.

As for the lockbox, I just may try for that Recycled Power Conduits trait for my Orion Science toon in her crowd control build...
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    wow... other than the costumes (blah) these have to be the most un star trek efforts yet(30th bs or not) - -not only that because they seem to be using L2.0 for the screenies they actually look like they were made for a commordore 64
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    Can't say I'm excited about a Privateer themed lockbox, but it's great for those who've been yearning for it.
    For the 30 Year TNG Anniversary ... please, pretty please give us a Galaxy and Sovereign interior (canon) like you did for the TOS-Enterprise, Voyager and Defiant.

Besides having more celebs join, this is the only thing I want in terms of celebrating the TNG anniversary in STO.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    In regards to this new lock box, I am honestly unimpressed with all the content. All ground and space traits are average with a move towards sci, costume bleh, and the ship itself is left to be desired. The ground weapon set will be nice to experiment with, but other than that, I really do not see anything that stands out.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I'm really digging those new ground weapons. Ships are an interesting change of pace too. I may have been playing around with the privateer uniform in tribble's Foundry, it's got some great kit-bash potential. I'll be getting that for at least one character, good stuff!
    ighten wrote: »
    wow... other than the costumes (blah) these have to be the most un star trek efforts yet(30th bs or not) - -not only that because they seem to be using L2.0 for the screenies they actually look like they were made for a commordore 64

FYI, both ships are authentic, canon designs. Put them in STO, that's what they look like.
    th?id=OIP.BEhykLCLnqmfXYD3QjXsrgEsCm&pid=15.1
    320x240.jpg
    The rest of the content is either lifted directly from, or is inspired by, material from TNG. It's Trek, no question.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!