test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any nerf to Romulan Scientist?

m311m311 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
I thought the whole point of the new patch was to get rid one hit K.O.
Even bosses don't hit that hard to instantly kill you.
No matter what mission the dam Romulan scientist use this posion skill and instant kills everyone. They don't even throw it like a grenade, just instant summon and stay on the character dealing 200+ damage per second. You can't even evade their attack. Its total BS.

Its god dam AOE too. So all my crew die same time as I do. Especially when it comes to narrow corridors. I just come in and shoot the guy and he instants kill me using that skill. I don't know if its poison or not. I even have the Trait from Undine mission that reduce or remove toxic.

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    It's actually Hyperonic Radiation.

Unfortunately, it has been this way for a very long time. You'll just have to deal with it like everyone else until Cryptic decides to fix it. I don't know if it is intended or if it is just overpowered.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    My guess is that it's hyperonic radiation. I've never known it to be that strong. Though if you're an eng or tac without any health heals, I would imagine that shield penetrating radiation damage would be a big problem. The Undine trait to remove toxic probably doesn't work on radiation.

However, the only ability the centurion scientists have is stasis field. My guess is that it's actually the subcommanders that are getting you with the ability. (They're the ones that have it.)

My advice is to have at least two sci BOffs as dedicated healers. You'll literally never die from anything.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    My guess is that it's hyperonic radiation. I've never known it to be that strong. Though if you're an eng or tac without any health heals, I would imagine that shield penetrating radiation damage would be a big problem. The Undine trait to remove toxic probably doesn't work on radiation.

However, the only ability the centurion scientists have is stasis field. My guess is that it's actually the subcommanders that are getting you with the ability. (They're the ones that have it.)

My advice is to have at least two sci BOffs as dedicated healers. You'll literally never die from anything.

As to the above point, I think/seem to remember hearing that when players got a significantly buffed Hyperonic in the ground balance pass, NPCs got some of the same benefit. If it's anything on the scale of what players got, it'd be 3-4 times as strong as it used to be.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    tobiashirt wrote: »

As to the above point, I think/seem to remember hearing that when players got a significantly buffed Hyperonic in the ground balance pass, NPCs got some of the same benefit. If it's anything on the scale of what players got, it'd be 3-4 times as strong as it used to be.

That could explain it. I haven't tried using it since long before the ground balance changes, and haven't run into any NPCs that use it since. Maybe they should give something to counter it if it's going to be that strong. Are there any abilities that cleanse radiation effects and/or DoT effects?
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I think biofilter sweep?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    m311 wrote: »
    I thought the whole point of the new patch was to get rid one hit K.O.
    Even bosses don't hit that hard to instantly kill you.
    No matter what mission the dam Romulan scientist use this posion skill and instant kills everyone. They don't even throw it like a grenade, just instant summon and stay on the character dealing 200+ damage per second. You can't even evade their attack. Its total BS.

Its god dam AOE too. So all my crew die same time as I do. Especially when it comes to narrow corridors. I just come in and shoot the guy and he instants kill me using that skill. I don't know if its poison or not. I even have the Trait from Undine mission that reduce or remove toxic.
    1) If your playing a tac character you find out if a rommy scientist is in the group and "ground alpha" that npc first, killing said npc "before" they have a chance to rad you, with ambush and grenades etc i have tacs that can clock these npcs for over 2k easy.

2) the change has made having a sci with cleaner skills and nanite health monitor make more sense now as well.

• shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited April 2017

No he is right about the tick dmg, on new romulus the other day i was getting 200hp loss per tick, it does seem a bit absurd in strength and getting a sci boff to clear it before it kills you is just pure chance.

The damage per tick also doesn't seem to diminish per away team member at all, if it lands on everyone they are all getting 200 per tick dmg, it is broke and needs fixed.

It is also not just subcommanders doing this, on new romulus at least romulan scientists are also applying it.

I just learned to get around it.
  • m311m311 Member Posts: 92 Arc User

No he is right about the tick dmg, on new romulus the other day i was getting 200hp loss per tick, it does seem a bit absurd in strength and getting a sci boff to clear it before it kills you is just pure chance.

The damage per tick also doesn't seem to diminish per away team member at all, if it lands on everyone they are all getting 200 per tick dmg, it is broke and needs fixed.

It is also not just subcommanders doing this, on new romulus at least romulan scientists are also applying it.

I just learned to get around it.

Its the NPC themselves. I fought them since lvl 10+ missions. I've been dying instantly since. I still die with massive purple gears in the first Iconian mission, Uneasy allies. There attack is inevitable though especially when you have to face them in narrow corridors.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    m311 wrote: »
    Its the NPC themselves. I fought them since lvl 10+ missions. I've been dying instantly since. I still die with massive purple gears in the first Iconian mission, Uneasy allies. There attack is inevitable though especially when you have to face them in narrow corridors.
    Hyperonic is not shield piercing, so shield heals help. If you can get an EV suit, that would go a long way to reducing the pain. Hyperonic is so dangerous at lower levels because your Radiation resistance is next to nothing.

The patch on the 25th changes how the Personal Armor skill works, so putting points in it should really help with Radiation damage at low levels.

Worse case scenario, you can ask a Fleetmate to help you through it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    actually, it's dangerous because standard armor has 0 rad resist and very few things gave rad resist.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg