test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ULC 34 Discussion Thread: "Moreau"

moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Ten Forward
This is the discussion thread for Unofficial Literary Challenge 34: "Moreau".

As usual be courteous and polite.

EDIT: Looks like I got hit by the Awaiting Approval goblin. -_-
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
Post edited by moonshadowdark on

Comments

• aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Now I need to see this!
    I think the bug hits if you try and edit too many times within a minute or more. I got hit by it last night posting the Annual prompt last night....
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    Nuts. How long does it take to process?
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    Nuts. How long does it take to process?

You'll have to resubmit it. It eats the post up, and it isn't actually under review.
    Oh Hell. >.<

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    I'll resubmit it tomorrow. I'm tired and also the first episode of Rick & Morty Season 3 is on repeat until midnight. SECRET ANIMATION BLOCK! GO WATCH!

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    I'll resubmit it tomorrow. I'm tired and also the first episode of Rick & Morty Season 3 is on repeat until midnight. SECRET ANIMATION BLOCK! GO WATCH!

I watched it. It was so good. Going to use it as inspiration for the next prompt.
    Alright. It's up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Oh, man, I like the prompts range, I'm nearly done with my stupidly long take on Procyon V and may actually be able to do something. 1 sounds like it would be a fascinating round of conference room discussion. 2 is asking to dial up the most alien crew I can find and drop them in a nuclear war. :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    Yay nuclear war!

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • jonnaroslynjonnaroslyn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Oh man I just got super stoked reading the prompts. Might actually write something for #1 (predictably) or #3 :)
    edited April 2017
    Please, have All The Best Parts, my take on prompt #1: Cult.

I have to say I took a page out of TVTropes for this one.
    Interesting, did not consider alternate timelines at first, but does give an air of tragedy.

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • damzelltrilldamzelltrill Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    -lets out an evil laugh-
    I was planning on doing something like the Moreau prompt based on the One of One prompt...

-skips off to turn a poor red shirt into a humanoid pastel pony girl-
    A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
    Shizz gonna get weird.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    Shizz gonna get weird.
    Yes, yes it is.
    Sadly I am a slow writer so it might be next month before it's up. Ah well it's how much it's enjoyed both being writen and read that matters, not the speed it's put up.

A Trill, a Gorn, a Jem'Hadar, Bejoran and a Voth walk into a bar, and the Bartender asks "What is this a Joke?"
    "Nope, just my away team" the trill replies before ordering a round for the bar.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    I'd been working with the old "Crossover" prompt from a couple of challenges back, and got stalled on motivations. I think, however, that I can use a variant on Prompt Two to shake things loose...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited April 2017
    I've got setup done for a prompt 1 but seriously worried I'm just going to end up bringing the Cooperative slapped in a coat of green paint.

That would be funny as hell.

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
    jonsills wrote: »
    I'd been working with the old "Crossover" prompt from a couple of challenges back, and got stalled on motivations. I think, however, that I can use a variant on Prompt Two to shake things loose...
    I'm trying to do a Trek/Andromeda Ascendant cross based on the Wormhole experament prompt. I'm thinking of keeping a Lucifer (Trance Gemini's species) in the Trek universe just to mess with Q.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    I can post the ULC for next month.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    Way late, but please enjoy Unity of Peace

• cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Kathryn is negotiating with a potential new member of the Federation and talks are going well ... or are they?

The idea came to me quickly but needed some time to flesh out. I had two different starts to this one and I think it was on a commute to work where it came to me to put them together. Separately, they were going to be much longer...

You will see below that I made a change for the Kathryn's actor. This is something I've been musing on for several months and finally decided to just go for it. I've got some work ahead of me to retrofit my blog but ... meh.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy!

Cast for crew:
    Kathryn Beringer - Katheryn Winnick
    Christa Harrington - Emily Bett Rickards
    Chancellor Wushar - Jeff Goldblum
    Kathryn handled it more gracefully than my captain did, certainly. Though I like the real feeling of a blood price, one way or the other.