test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode: Survivor

1235»

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Something made me chuckle when I played the episode again and tried different things to find potential bonuses and secrets (including moving into the temporal distortions, but it did nothing):
    20170407020711_1.jpg?raw=1

Not seeing what I mean? Here's a little hint:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8WSysB5vKM
    "-My name is Natasha Yar!
    -And I'm J'Avert! Do not forget my name! Do not forget me, 24601!"

Also, to anyone who got a 26th century heavy dreadnought, does Sela call it a "quaint little ship", too? Because that's how she described my Kelvin Timeline Vengeance dreadnought, that sassy pale-green-blooded...
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    Music for the latter part of this episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dja4S3TQAE
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I'd like to think there will be a T6 Ambassador class incoming due to what this episode seems to be based around, but I am very likely to be wrong.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Played the episode and other than the usual phoned in acting it seemed more like an excuse to show off some fancy visuals like the anomalies and plasma trail. As usual, the scripting for vulcans falls short, if they had their logic they wouldn't be going "get away, get away" and if they had lost it they'd actually have some emotion in the lines.

Why does sela think the federation would be going for the death penalty? If that was the case she'd have been slaughtered a long time ago. Worst she could expect is a ballgag the moment she transported over to your ship.

Did anyone else have t'nae and sela talk over each other after the first encounter?

Can't wait for the next episode where brent spiner takes over the role of kurland.
    edited April 2017
    As usual, the scripting for vulcans falls short, if they had their logic they wouldn't be going "get away, get away" and if they had lost it they'd actually have some emotion in the lines.
    Well, she was left alone for a while, had to bury a lot of friends, was going mad from the isolation while most likely slowly suffering from temporal psychosis and causing death around herself due to her presence causing deadly temporal anomalies. It's actually a miracle she managed to hold on what was left of her sanity enough to come with us willingly in the end.

Back in DS9, a Vulcan (Lt Chu'lak) suffered a breakdown after he was one of only six survivors (out of a crew of 1,250) and for him, it was logical to choose to kill those who had pictures of people showing any kind of emotion.
    #TASforSTO
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Very good Episode. Tying up many loose ends. My understanding this was done last year. I know she was with the Dominion for a while, but I wonder if the weapon type was changed since its creation to now when it dropped, based upon the current Lukari Rep weapon type.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Very good Episode. Tying up many loose ends. My understanding this was done last year. I know she was with the Dominion for a while, but I wonder if the weapon type was changed since its creation to now when it dropped, based upon the current Lukari Rep weapon type.
    I dunno, Polaron fits for both scenarios.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    Not sure if anyone else brought this up but (Spoiler) could the mistery man at the end be Data?
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
    edited April 2017
    It's obviously John Cela. Not seeing him makes it the more obvious.
    #TASforSTO
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    at the end was it data????
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    Wikipedia's featured article for Saturday April 8th, 2017...

coincidence? or...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yesterday's_Enterprise
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • dlopezdev#6284 dlopezdev Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Glad you liked the episode! I was the environment artist for it.
    "My opinion is my own"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Good stuff.... I made a few screenshots from... non-standard points of view. Is this map meant to be a tiny island? I mean, that kinda makes sense for penal colonies, just wondering if that was the intent. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtxUb6_hseuogXZsQ28fGmOYYksH
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User

Fantastic work. Thank you.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    Spoilers

I liked this episode. They've really been getting knocked out of the park since Sunrise. And I thought the first time I played Temporal Ambassador when it first came out "Hang on, isn't there two T'nae now? Pastak forgot to fix something." So I'm glad this has finally been resolved. Although I'm not sure how I felt about reintigrating the two of them. After all, it wasn't one person from different parts of the timeline, it was an entirely different timeline. In effect, they ended alternate T'Nae's life. Why didn't they do that with the Tasha Yar's at the end of Temporal Ambassador? It would have stopped Sela being born and prevented the Iconian War from ever happening. But these Temporal Agents always seem to have an air of superiority about them. Overall though, loved the episode. And a really beautiful planet.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Tasha gave that holo to Data, it was also found in his personal effects after he died. Canon or game history says Data was resorected in B4's body so it seems to mean they finally got Brent Spiner to voice data.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • captainkccaptainkc Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but I have to say Survivor was very well done. Character development and storyline is amazing and we have closure for what happened to poor Tasha. Alas she does not get to die in battle but either at Armus' planet (prime timeline) or alone at an abandoned Rom penal colony.

A small request: does anyone know how to recreate Sela's outfit from the episode? I was surprised that she had Romulan Republic clothes on, since I doubt she really aligned herself with anyone but the Romulan Star Empire holdouts.
    Image screencap at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1faxbdESuuUz1UCWyePLU1TZw6vX5LFCT/view?usp=sharing
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ... stuff. --the Doctor, "Blink"
This discussion has been closed.