test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Ripples"

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The first ripples are detected that will lead to Sela and Survivor, in our newest fiction blog.

Full details here:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10457263

Comments

• Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Fascinating, seems we'll finally see some fallout from Temporal Ambassador.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Damnit, Daniels, why can't you just leave me alone...
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Revamp of Starbase 39 incoming... :open_mouth:

Edit: Totally forgot about Temporal Ambassador. Should be interesting.
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Captain Walker, often late to the party, finally remembers his Vulcan count was off.... :)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Why am I imagining a part where Sela is interacting with her mother from before she was born?...
    "She's my daughter and she did what?!... Honey, I have just encountered you and I already want to spank your sorry rear!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    Tying up old plot threads? I approve. :)

I wonder if one of the T’Nae's will make any references to "Divide et Impera" or any of the other removed old missions. Also, Walker mentions integrating the two together, but what if Ent-C!T'Nae doesn't want to?
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    If it's connected to Temporal Ambassador, it will be fun to play from the other perspective!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    Follow-up question. Given the Romulan love of avian symbology, obviously any number of human-Romulan hybrids above zero is a murder, but what do you call a bunch of T'Naes? Vulcans never really seemed like 'mob' would be appropriate.

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Unless the mission involves Sela being thrown out an airlock without a spacesuit, or alternatively hanged, beheaded, shot in the face repeatedly, or walled up alive, I continue to be as uninterested as ever in the official storyline. And put that incompetent Daniels out the airlock right after her.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Why am I imagining a part where Sela is interacting with her mother from before she was born?...
    "She's my daughter and she did what?!... Honey, I have just encountered you and I already want to spank your sorry rear!"
    Wait, let me try. Because the ensuing mental image is quite funny?
    Follow-up question. Given the Romulan love of avian symbology, obviously any number of human-Romulan hybrids above zero is a murder, but what do you call a bunch of T'Naes? Vulcans never really seemed like 'mob' would be appropriate.
    Among other things, 'a result of someone messing with axloltl tanks or Spaarti cylinders'. More humorously, though, might I suggest for this specific case 'T'Naequarium'?

I also expect both of the above to have gotten some artists' creative juices going.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Note to self, recommend a clone prompt next ULC. :)
    More humorously, though, might I suggest for this specific case 'T'Naequarium'?

I like your thought process here.

• Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    I like Nereda. Have we worked with her? If not I'd like to sometime...
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    I like Nereda. Have we worked with her? If not I'd like to sometime...
    She does rep blogs at DS9.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    Unless the mission involves Sela being thrown out an airlock without a spacesuit, or alternatively hanged, beheaded, shot in the face repeatedly, or walled up alive, I continue to be as uninterested as ever in the official storyline. And put that incompetent Daniels out the airlock right after her.

QFT!
    And, yes - Trask her!

• Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I thought T'Nae did the right thing by taking her own life to avoid a ripple in the space-time continuum, so much for Vulcan logic. I wonder who she hooked up with. Wouldn't surprise me if she stole Tasha's Romulan husband away from her.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    danwaiganddanwaigand Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Best writing in one of these since Sela left Earth after the iconian war. Comics would draw me in more... massive chunks of text not so much.. but this one was short and unintimidating, also had good writing! Left me wanting to find out more!
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Nipples
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    I have a feelin I'm about to be drafted -
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    curmecurme Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    “You see, Ma’am?” Lieutenant Ibori said

I thought Star Trek uses a gender neutral "Sir" for everyone?
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    curme wrote: »
    “You see, Ma’am?” Lieutenant Ibori said

I thought Star Trek uses a gender neutral "Sir" for everyone?

it varies depanding on personal preference, mostly people use sir. janeway prefers captain but accepts ma'am.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    Can you guys please reference exactly what missions in STO you are referencing here? I'd like to get caught up on the lore but have no idea what episode this is in reference to RE: Temporal Ambassador?
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

lol
  • Options
    Well, I'm out of luck.

All of my captains are Fleet Admirals. I'm going to have to sit this one out ;)

As for Temporal Ambassador, I kind of wished we could keep the overalls or whatever it's called that our characters wore.
  • Options
    velqua wrote: »
    I thought T'Nae did the right thing by taking her own life to avoid a ripple in the space-time continuum, so much for Vulcan logic. I wonder who she hooked up with. Wouldn't surprise me if she stole Tasha's Romulan husband away from her.

Tasha has a secret half-sibling????

Temporal paradoxes inbound! Ooooooo!
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    T'Nae and Sela possibly in the same scenario? This is almost certainly going to end in gunfire. Lots and lots of heated gunfire.

As for two Admiral "Ripper" T'Naes, I'd like to have the alternate as a crew member. One that provides color commentary during the story line she's involved in.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Can you guys please reference exactly what missions in STO you are referencing here? I'd like to get caught up on the lore but have no idea what episode this is in reference to RE: Temporal Ambassador?

"Temporal Ambassador" is the Featured Episode mission where you are shunted to an alternate reality in which the Tholians have enslaved most of the Alpha Quadrant due to them having intercepted the Enterprise-C before it could return to the past. The player then frees Tasha Yar and company along with the Ent-C and allows them to return to the past, which corrects the timeline. Captain Walker of the USS Pastak gets you off the Ent-C before that happens, though, so that you can return to the 25th century once the timeline is corrected. Unfortunately, it would seem that he forgot that the alternate reality T'Nae was on board the Ent-C as well when it went back in time.

sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Temporal_Ambassador
    velqua wrote: »

Tasha has a secret half-sibling????

Temporal paradoxes inbound! Ooooooo!

What are do you mean half-sibling??
    highlord83 wrote: »
    T'Nae and Sela possibly in the same scenario? This is almost certainly going to end in gunfire. Lots and lots of heated gunfire.

As for two Admiral "Ripper" T'Naes, I'd like to have the alternate as a crew member. One that provides color commentary during the story line she's involved in.

You know, this might actually go a long way in helping explain the un-Vulcan-like hostility that T'Nae seems to have against the Romulans.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    So you Devs did a - T’Nae Nae. :#
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    So you Devs did a - T’Nae Nae. :#

*narrows eyes*
    You need to be silenced.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    velrennvelrenn Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Am I the only one who is a bit put off by the way the temporal agents talk about the "anomaly growing over time" (and how this is bad), needing to find the secondary anomaly "before it gets worse" and "not having enough time" because the anomaly is "accelerating"?

Aren't they time travelers? And isn't temporal shielding a thing in the 29th century?
    IDIC is the spice of life.