test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Featured Episode: Survivor

Comments

• djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    valoreah wrote: »
    Not again. Please! There is already far too much Sela/Yar in the game, in my opinion. Miss Crosby's acting is nearly as annoying as Kurland and Neelix combined.
    djf021 wrote: »
    I really like Crosby, so I'm fine with that. I'm starting to wonder, though-in the Star Trek timeline, shouldn't she be like 60-65 years old now? I feel like that's a little old to be gallivanting around the galaxy being a fugitive.
    Although she's part Romulan, so maybe that's only middle age for her...?

Wasn't Picard supposed to be 60ish when he took command of the Enterprise?

That's a good point, but I was really thinking more about the "hard life of a fugitive" kind of idea. But I guess we've seen older fugitives in the show and in the game. Hmm...
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Nice. I can't wait to finally stop dealing with Sela. She's been everywhere. A Good and happy ending would be nice for a change. Even though STverse is all about those happy endings & Red Shirts dying.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    And here I was hoping with the Lukari and Tzenkethi we follow a story that for once doesn't have time travel in it. Frankly, I can't see how this episode fits in right now, but we'll see.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Sounds like an intriguing mission & storyline & looking forward to it.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    And here I was hoping with the Lukari and Tzenkethi we follow a story that for once doesn't have time travel in it. Frankly, I can't see how this episode fits in right now, but we'll see.​​

My guess: Yesterday's War arc.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    edited April 2017
    My guess: Yesterday's War arc.

That's still going on? If so, yeah, that could work.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    The Yesterday's War arc moving through the various other arcs really allows it to be a sort of catchers mitt for any possible time travel plot, regardless of when it was added.

I just thought we already got the wrapper accolade (the temporal agent/AOY character had to finish it for some boni) which is why I considered the arc finished. But it would make sense to reactivate it for these kinds of missions.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Sigh, really wish they'd give us an option to not show blogs about upcoming missions. Especially when they talk about who's going to be in it :/

I really look forward to her return.

I'd like to see how the Iconians knew that Sela was a Romulan, and I figure there's more to learn about Daniels, such as his link to Noye.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

Considering discovering the crystals involved Agents of Yesterday, I had a feeling that time travel was going to be a factor.....
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    ROFL Sela!!! :D This sure is getting pretty pathetic if it hasn't gotten already....
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Wasn't expecting another featured episode until Escalation. This is pretty pleasant news, even if it means having to listen to more of Denise Crosby's godawful voice acting. I don't know if she's gotten really bad since TNG or if the transition from screen to VO is throwing her way off, but she's far and away the worst VO we hear more than one or two throwaway lines from in the game. Say what you will about Neelix's character, at least his VO is good.

Also, Romulan armor set with costume unlock when!?
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    so it makes sense that Sela who has majorly screwed with the timeline
    Except Sela hasn't screwed with the timeline at all, in fact, she made sure the timeline remained intact.

If anything, all of this is Picard's fault of sending the ENT-C back in time in the first place, and the PLAYER'S fault for helping free the ENT-C in the "Temporal Ambassador" mission.

Agreed with that statement. If it wasn't for her we wouldn't have Romulus and Remus explode. In Butterfly mission, we were looking at it all wrong. If we removed Sela from the equation, none of the stuff would have happened but in the end it had to...

In terms of Picard's Fault and our fault for sending Enterprise-C back.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Hmm - Sela.

Good to see her and all, but her constant escape/disappear routines have become tiresome, and the completely ridiculous escape from under literally everyones noses at the end of the Iconian War really put me off her.

For me personally it was the sound of her voice which put my off. Maybe we'll get lucky and that cat has run out of lives to spend.

I doubt that this episode is anything other than the new episode that launches with Season 13. This is just the first of the hype blogs for the individual pieces of the season.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Ah, good to see Sela return. I admit I'm kinda hoping for a nice redemption arc and acceptance of her human side. She brought the Dominion into the battle of Earth against the Iconians which bought us enough time to use the Annorax to go back in time. Without her we'd have lost to the Iconians. I'm willing to cut her a bit of slack for that.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    Hmm - Sela.

Good to see her and all, but her constant escape/disappear routines have become tiresome, and the completely ridiculous escape from under literally everyones noses at the end of the Iconian War really put me off her.

For me personally it was the sound of her voice which put my off. Maybe we'll get lucky and that cat has run out of lives to spend.

I doubt that this episode is anything other than the new episode that launches with Season 13. This is just the first of the hype blogs for the individual pieces of the season.

@anodynes

The featured episode for season 13 is called "Mirrors and Smoke".
    New Featured Episode: In Mirrors and Smoke, players will journey with their Lukari companion Captain Kuumaarke as she explores her people’s past, and battles a new threat from the marauding Tzenkethi.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10451743

This episode is most likely something to set up the new season similar to the Uneasy Allies mission:
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Uneasy_Allies

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    Ah, good to see Sela return. I admit I'm kinda hoping for a nice redemption arc and acceptance of her human side. She brought the Dominion into the battle of Earth against the Iconians which bought us enough time to use the Annorax to go back in time. Without her we'd have lost to the Iconians. I'm willing to cut her a bit of slack for that.

I am glad to finally see an upcoming episode this interesting again, any mission involving Romulans and Sela is going to be more interesting than usual! And I also agree, she's a character that should carefully be redeemed (not overbearingly to the point though that it would be too out of character). But by no means does she deserve to be shot down like Hakeev was which a lot of players are raving for and forgetting the values that should be represented. Now, Hakeev had it coming. Sela would have stopped him sooner and shot him herself if she knew the whole story.

I also hope she doesn't end up dying by any other means either, she should pick up the other pieces of Romulan civilization that D'Tan wasn't able to, and be sort of an uneasy but gentleman rival to the Republic while not having to be a literal enemy.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    anodynes wrote: »
    Hmm - Sela.

@anodynes

The featured episode for season 13 is called "Mirrors and Smoke.

Oh, right. I forgot that we had a name for it, already. Hmmm, less than 3 full weeks as a Featured Episode? I suppose it's possible.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    You forgot that she's also a survivor. Aside from that she should face the consequences of her actions and be brought to the Republic for trial and sentenced. Hopefully not a death sentence because she might play some sort of role in the future against the Tzenkethi or something else since she can be resourceful when she needs to be.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    As much as I enjoyed Sela as a recurring antagonist/anti-hero, especially as a Romulan player, I guess I was kind of hoping that her story arc had finished with the end of the Iconian war. I kind of liked the idea of someone as arrogant as her just kind of fading into obscurity in some forgotten part of the galaxy, still bitterly clinging to the belief that nothing had ever been her fault.

While I am interested in seeing where the story goes with her next, I am still hoping that, either with this episode or in the near future, we get a bit more of a permanent resolution for her character.
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    As someone on Reddit pointed out, the buildings behind Sela look like those from the TNG episode "Birthright"

birthrightparttwo088.jpg

btgOV8s.png
    And we do have Carraya in the game....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • samborski#4611 samborski Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Looking at the picture I think there are Romulan symbols behind Sela and all the jungle like vegetation has me suspicious as to where this is taking place. While I couldn't imagine Sela having any business on New Romulas, it would be an interesting plot twist if she did show up there.

Nah, this is propably Rator III , New Romulus doesn't have vegetation of that kind.
    I am so happy that Sela returned. SELA SELA SELA!! OHHHHHH DENISE CROSBY IS SUCH A GODLY, FLAWLESSLY PERFECT ACTOR!!!! I really do not understand all the hatred People have for Sela, genocide or not, Sela is great. I love her voice, it is so calming. And this pic Looks really interesting, I believe this is going to be a rather sad Story, playing in the far future where my favourite Star Trek dictatorship, The Romulan Empire has ceased to exist, because of those darned terrorists! I am sure they threw a nuke or something like that on Rator III, so the Romulans there turned into Zombies!!!!!!!! And Sela, ohhhhhhh my goddess, traveled through time into the future, where she will have had seen all THIS!!!! SHE FELT GRAETE GRIEF FOR WHAT HAS BEEN LOST! A ONCE GLORIOUS EMPIRE IN ASHES!!!! AND THEN SOMEHOW; I DO NOT KNOW HOW YET..... SHE CRUSHED THE REBBELS!!!!!! AND WE CAN FINALLY PLAY AS OFFICERS IN THE ROMULAN IMPERIAL NAVY!!!!!!!!
    O.o
    U
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    I look forward to seeing how Sela deals with her genocidal blunders, this time. That being said, playing psychological games with a crazy blonde, is better than playing rocket man with the lizard President. Also, is Donatra coming around, anytime soon?
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Tosses up coin: Disruptor or plasma based weapon set.
    Why not both? Maybe this FE could be another source of plasma-disruptor hybrid weapons. We can get arrays and DHCs from 'Past Imperfect'; perhaps this one will round out the choices (DBB, DC, turret, OA; the last two being the pick-one component of a set, much like how the weapon for the Krenim Temporal Manipulation set can be a turret or beam array.
    Polaron because of her short alliance with the dominion during the Iconian War would be heresy.
    Of course, if there're phased polarons... why no, in this case, polaron-plasma or polaron-disruptor?

That aside I for one am interested in seeing what unfolds here.
This discussion has been closed.