test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Must the Bozeman, Montana map become a social map after the Event?

salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
Here is the Question, feel free to reply with additional Feedback
Salacnar
=/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!

Must the Bozeman, Montana map become a social map after the Event? 104 votes

Yes
75%
boweninugamiikonn#1068antonine3258meurikssbn655duncanidaho11garaks31captainoblivousrpb2012mattjohnsonvaallyoftheforcegaevsmansalacnar070890kurumimorishitajonathanlonehawkkaiserkactoreyan01artan42kjwashingtoncuchulainn74 78 votes
No
25%
reiklingraidermattaukettsophlogimomhall85where2r1kodachikunotc10bmarkhawkmanphoasnimbullthay8472salazarrazesistericdixoniumnccmarkxyquarzescrooge69jkwrangler2010warpangelandorianblue 26 votes

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Yes
    I'd like it to be revamped to a social map for the next First Contact Day. As a PVE it doesn't make use of the best use of the space (we're rushed, can't appreciate detail.) The activity is also mostly randomized so, doesn't work so well as a head-to-head competition. But if it was simply an ongoing activity then the thing would be perfect! (for a week-long event)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    No
    The map is not really big enough for a new social zone and does not seem to have much else to do but look for parts. It would probably be Federation only because it would be hard to explain why Kdf and Rom players are allowed in Montana. Imho a new social zone should be open to all and not situated near Sol where there are already two social zones.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes because it's clear a lot of effort went into making it match the film sets and it looks amazing. Even if you just added bank/exchange/mail facilities it would be nice to hang out there rather than stuck on ESD or at the Academy all day.

Seems such a waste of resources to have it only open for 4 days a year.
    SulMatuul.png
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Yes
    Not JUST yes but HELL YES!!
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    No
    I have no idea what a social map is, but presumably yet another place for people to argue about politics like in every other public zone in the game...pass
  • mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    No
    I love the map, it is absolutely stunning. But turning it into a permanent social map just seems like a waste as the map will very quickly get abandoned by all but a hardy few for the rest of the year (much like Andoria or Vulcan generally are).

Much rather see the map added to the Foundry and a few player created uses for it (I'm sure there are a lot of great uses that could be made out of it).
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Yes

I won't necessarily put it as a "must have," but it would be nice to have an additional social map. They need to clean it up and make it brighter, sky looks pale and broodish. Then make it so that the only entrance is via Starfleet Academy shuttle area / Opening the top part of the Academy and revealing the shuttle bay. C'mon Cryptic, it is already in the game via the tutorial.

All other factions can teleport there via a menu.

StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    Yes
    The map is not really big enough for a new social zone and does not seem to have much else to do but look for parts. It would probably be Federation only because it would be hard to explain why Kdf and Rom players are allowed in Montana. Imho a new social zone should be open to all and not situated near Sol where there are already two social zones.

I can agree but the Devs might probably add a future™ Klingon Day of Honor Zone or a Rom. Republic Day Zone for those factions
    Salacnar
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    Yes
    stark2k wrote: »

I won't necessarily put it as a "must have," but it would be nice to have an additional social map. They need to clean it up and make it brighter, sky looks pale and broodish. Then make it so that the only entrance is via Starfleet Academy shuttle area / Opening the top part of the Academy and revealing the shuttle bay. C'mon Cryptic, it is already in the game via the tutorial.

Agreed on that Starfleet Academy needs a 2410 Facelift
    Salacnar
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    No
    It's not a bad idea, but it'd be Fed-only and there are already enough social zones... whatever they're for.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    No
    No because it'd be Fed only. I would say yes though if they started allowing factions access to alternate factions facilities since everyone is supposedly one big family so to speak now.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Yes
    stark2k wrote: »

all of this above
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Yes
    Yeay for keep it. Remove all rocket collection elements and it looks like an awesome camping area. Maybe add a shuttle transit from SFA to there and back and a historian that could a) make clear for visitors that its a "hang out for nothing" spot to reduce "whats to do there" flood on the forums and b) tells about the history of that place. The saurian giving the intro looks like a good choice.

edit: Adding stuff to do there outside the event would be welcomed too of course :D
    - add one or two NPCs selling traditional camping foods
    - some scan alien (for non-humans ;) ) flora and fauna game
    - drinking games with the locals
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Yes
    b) tells about the history of that place. The saurian giving the intro looks like a good choice.

That's the president of the UFP...

Never mind, it's not like he has anything better to do.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Yes
    artan42 wrote: »
    b) tells about the history of that place. The saurian giving the intro looks like a good choice.

Oops :s

Yeah... well.. he is kind of underused.

• wakerobertswakeroberts Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Yes
    I would love that! The bar could be made accessible fairly easily too. Maybe with a working jukebox? And if they really want to get creative, make the silo accessible too!
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    No
    Why?

We don't need a new social zone.

Now, a mission/STF on the map? That is different!
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    No
    It's a great looking map, and it'd be nice to see it more than just one weekend a year, but STO doesn't need another social zone. It already has several that no one uses because they serve no purpose in the game: Vulcan, Andor, Risa, Wolf 359, the Captain's Table, I think there are one or two more that I'm forgetting. Besides, social zones are pointless because if player want to socialize they can already do it pretty much anywhere in the game: ESD, Drozona, sector space, etc. I think they need to go through some of these dead zones and revamp them a bit to make them more relevant, give us a reason to visit for something more than the view, maybe put a daily mission there or something.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Yes
    artan42 wrote: »

Oops :s

Yeah... well.. he is kind of underused.

He;s probably glad for the opportunity to stretch his legs. The last time he was out and about somebody tried to kill him and his fellow delegates. Prior to that he hadn't left his office for 5 years.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Yes
    Absoutely. I like the scenery and appreciate places to hang out other than starbases. There's water, trees, dirt - a perfect place to relax and kick off your space suit pig-1.gif

People claiming that we don't need another social zone because "we already got one" can go and grind the same mission over and over again while I lay low and wallow in the pond while I do my clicky-timegate-STO business. Since there is nothing else to do, why not do it on a nice map? We need a lot more social maps - granted, they're rather needed in the new Alpha Quadrant segment, Battle Group Omega's completely unnecessary removal let a hole up there in Beta and the Delta Quadrant is also rather empty (but then again, I never go there anyway) but the more social maps the better.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    The layout of the map makes me think it could easily be used for a ground PVE or potentially a capture the flag scenario.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jaredza#2872 jaredza Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Yes
    I like the map, it's obvious they put effort into making it so I think it'd be a waste for it to not get used again. Maybe they could make it a chill zone but with mini games to play if you feel like it?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    No
    We don't need any more useless social zones.