test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EPIC Screenshot Thread is EPIC

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    risian4 wrote: »
    And of course I need to post a picture of the new Fangs, on my newly created Voth-like toon

Af5ZWbK.jpg

9y2TPIN.jpg

K5Md4AC.jpg

I just re-watched the Distant Origin episode today. :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    My tricorder shows that there is a...

my_tricorder_shows_that_there_is_a____by_kurumi_morishita-db36i5f.jpg

...but anyway...
    durgath_class__004_by_kurumi_morishita-db37nd3.jpg
    type_8_shuttlecraft__005_by_kurumi_morishita-db358u8.jpg
    keldon_class__002_by_kurumi_morishita-db2hp92.jpg
    u_s_s__endeavour__002_by_kurumi_morishita-db1y2uq.jpg
    u_s_s__sally_ride_nx_1951__005_by_kurumi_morishita-db1btci.jpg

Higher resolutions of these + more pics.. http://kurumi-morishita.deviantart.com/gallery/

LLAP!!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
    Today...

u_s_s__tereshkova_nx_1937__refit___004_by_kurumi_morishita-db1e2qi.jpg
    doomsday_machine__004_by_kurumi_morishita-db3db9c.jpg
    universe_class__002_by_kurumi_morishita-db3d94x.jpg
    commander_masako_asou__001_by_kurumi_morishita-db2lybl.jpg
    u_s_s__sally_ride_nx_1951__002_by_kurumi_morishita-db17iyo.jpg
    starfleet_academy__005_by_kurumi_morishita-db29hya.jpg

Higher resolutions of these + more pics.. http://kurumi-morishita.deviantart.com/gallery/

LLAP!!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    I had put off the Andromeda, but who can miss out on a 50% off sale?
    TVjjIbh.jpg
    d3T1336.jpg
    UUFy5W4.jpg
    Dx8JxB0.jpg
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

Awesome pics @cuchulainn74 !!! Would love to see more of the U.S.S. Marathon!!! :)<3

And today...

earth_spacedock__003_by_kurumi_morishita-db3gexn.jpg
    u_s_s__sally_ride_nx_1951__007_by_kurumi_morishita-db3gf0n.jpg
    captain_kuumaarke__001_by_kurumi_morishita-db0m2r0.jpg
    ferengi_d_kora_marauder__003_by_kurumi_morishita-db3gf41.jpg
    deep_space_nine__002_by_kurumi_morishita-db3mj8k.jpg
    u_s_s__jeanne_d_arc__013_by_kurumi_morishita-db3ix81.jpg

LLAP!!!
    q4F10XV.jpg
    Awesome!

I mean, Epic!
  • curmecurme Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Awesome pics @cuchulainn74 !!! Would love to see more of the U.S.S. Marathon!!! :)<3

LLAP!!!

Breathtaking! Any tips on how to get great screenshots like yours?

edited March 2017
    Thank you both very much! *^_^*

@curme
    well, there is no short answer, but there is a tremendous wealth of information about that in this very thread... I know it's a big one, but it's absolutely worth to browse through it anyway. Hmmm, but perhaps a few keywords, that should get you started...

/demorecord (a command & tool to record sessions) - you'll find more infos about this in this & other threads
    /renderscale (a command to multiply your current resolution - for example: if you play in 1920x1080 and want to take screenshots in 7680x4320 you have to use /renderscale 4)
    /fov (a command to change the field of view)

These are the basics & you can really already do a lot with the demorecord tool alone, but I often (not always) also do some additional postwork with Photoshop or paint.net which ranges from minor color/contrast/etc. adjustments to major multi-layer composite projects.

Finally a lot of practice, knowledge of general photo/picture design (rule of thirds, symmetry, golden ratio, etc.), a bit of luck & endurance is also helpful - but most important is, that it always should be a lot of fun... :) !!!

Hope to see some ship/char-screenies from you soon!
    Post edited by kurumimorishita on
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    *Checks epic screenshot thread*
    jaw-drop-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    @curme
    well, there is no short answer, but there is a tremendous wealth of information about that in this very thread... I know it's a big one, but it's absolutely worth to browse through it anyway. Hmmm, but perhaps a few keywords, that should get you started...

/demorecord (a command & tool to record sessions) - you'll find more infos about this in this & other threads
    /renderscale (a command to multiply your current resolution - for example: if you play in 1920x1080 and want to take screenshots in 7680x4320 you have to use /renderscale 4)
    /fov (a command to change the field of view)

These are the basics & you can really already do a lot with the demorecord tool alone...
    Here, let me help; there are a couple of threads over on the reddit that should provide further exposition...
  • cedmon91cedmon91 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Mirror Universe - I.S.S. Conquest

Captain's Log, supplemental. It's been six days after the rise of Empress Sato and the I.S.S. Conquest has been sent out on a secret imperial mission into uncharted territory. The Empress herself entrusted us with a task so important that if we should fall, the empire will fall along with us.

dn4ktjG.jpg
    @cedmon91 - Very nice screenie & I love that you also added that log which adds a lot to the atmosphere!

And today... some of my older pics, but finally available in 8K, because I found the original .tga files again.

oberth_class__001__new_8k_version__by_kurumi_morishita-db3pge2.jpg
    u_s_s__cygnus__001__black____new_8k_version_by_kurumi_morishita-db3t0cm.jpg
    u_s_s__tomoe_gozen__009__new_8k_version__by_kurumi_morishita-db3t48s.jpg
    jem_hadar_dreadnought_carrier__01__new_8k_version__by_kurumi_morishita-db3t6rb.jpg
    u_s_s__cygnus__006__white_____new_8k_version_by_kurumi_morishita-db3y97d.jpg
    u_s_s__valkyrie__001__new_8k_version__by_kurumi_morishita-db3pauu.jpg

LLAP!!!
    q4F10XV.jpg
    I've got some Spackle if you want to fill in that hole in Cygnus. :p
    Muhaha... yah, I could really use that *>_<*
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2017
    zefram_cochrane_statue_2_2__8k_uhd__by_salacnar-db41lgn.jpg
    Love how the Statue came out in this shot
    bozeman___montana__star_trek_online_8k_uhd__by_salacnar-db41lfx.jpg
    So sad that they forgot to add the bar and Jukebox to this map (and a Drunk Deanna Troi :p )
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
    edited March 2017
    Thanks @kurumimorishita , I really appreciate your comment! :smile:

Mirror Universe - I.S.S. Conquest

Captain's Starlog, July 4, 2155.

"At last, we've reached the coordinates provided by Empress Sato and witnessed an alien civilization make its first warp flight. After scanning the surface for any possible military threats and monitering broadcasts by hacking into their communication satellites, we dropped the cloak and made ourselves known to their world. Our ultimatum for total surrender was quite effective. 29 out of the 31 nations have already sworn fealty to us in the past 2 hours. I expect that.. *Ship shakes* Bridge what was that!? A nuclear weapon you say? Those primitive lying fools.. Commander, I order you to wipe them out. Yes all of them! Start bombarding their major cities."

- End Log -

ARfmITn.jpg
    To Boldly Point...
    STO-Zeph-001.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Pocket Scimitar?
    pocket_02_zpswqelwqmk.jpg

pocket_04_zpsnzzhetme.jpg

pocket_07_zpsxj1fgirm.jpg

pocket_08_zpsccpagcrl.jpg

pocket_03_zpslj3m9iz2.jpg

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    @cedmon91 My pleasure! And another awesome pic (esp. like the angle)+log... really love the combo and hope to see/read many more!!! *^_^*

@salacnar070890 & @zedbrightlander1 - yay... such a beautiful map right? nice screenies!!!

@mustrumridcully0 Ohhh...finally some more pics of the Hathos - I esp. like the first one & yah... definitely a pocket scimitar!!! *^_^*
    q4F10XV.jpg
    And for today...

u_s_s__horizon__001_by_kurumi_morishita-db42bsd.jpg
    shikaris_class__003_by_kurumi_morishita-db44x2q.jpg
    klingon_fleet_starbase__001_by_kurumi_morishita-db42ig3.jpg
    shikaris_class__001_by_kurumi_morishita-db44wtc.jpg
    d_kyr_class__001_by_kurumi_morishita-db42gls.jpg
    shikaris_class__002_by_kurumi_morishita-db44wyp.jpg

LLAP!!!
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    F.D.V. Lack of Gravitas:

LackOfGravitas_14_zpsfg0zzo7a.jpg

LackOfGravitas_16_zpsrlwjodif.jpg

LackOfGravitas_12_zpssbnylxcz.jpg

LackOfGravitas_08_zps4xhqtkaa.jpg

LackOfGravitas_07_zpstxvcyn2s.jpg

LackOfGravitas_04_zpsroj99s20.jpg

LackOfGravitas_09_zpsl1esuvqg.jpg

LackOfGravitas_05_zpscwvpsgnd.jpg
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    A Time Travel Incident

Military Briefing Room
    1964 - Location: Unknown

My fellow officers, what I'm about to tell you is top secret and may never be leaked to the public.
    Today at approximately 15:00 hours our spy satellite picked up an unidentified flying object in orbit over Russia.
    Luckily the satellite was able to make a few photos before it got destroyed shortly after.
    -Shows Photo-
    Gentlemen.. all that we know is that it's not ours..

3FMyvIp.jpg
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    Shalom Kelvin and Pet
    shalom_kelvin_and_pet_by_otisnoble-db4g5i1.png
    Shalom Kelvin does fly-by of Wormhole
    shalom_kelvin_fly_by_of_wormhole_by_otisnoble-db4g586.png
    Kelvin Dreadnaught
    kelvin_dreadnaught_by_otisnoble-db3c8cb.png
    Kelvin Heavy Command Cruiser
    kelvin_heavy_command_connie_by_otisnoble-db3igqw.png
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
    edited April 2017

My Minnie Me
    my_minnie_me_by_otisnoble-db4g4fe.png
    My Russian Blue
    my_russian_blue_by_otisnoble-db4g4rw.png
    My Mugato
    my_mugato_by_otisnoble-db4g4mm.png
    Post edited by otisnoble on
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Remember when it all looked like we were on some kind of ...magic carpet ride?
    yEgfLGk.jpg

mRXyYLB.jpg

SRrYIF5.jpg
  • kostamojenxkostamojenx Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    blue_rocket_ranger_ready_by_otisnoble-db4k8s9.jpg
    red_rocket_ranger_cat_ready_by_otisnoble-db4g5t2.png
    happy_anniversary__by_otisnoble-db4k90h.png
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    So I created an admittedly awesome looking Caitian character and envisioned an entire backstory for her:

Hriwa Nassiss Kaoto

AT67euP.jpg

Story, if you're interested...
    Hriwa hails from the Mirror Universe, where she served as a personal assistant to the high-ranking Imperial Governor Viktor Aivarsson, who ruled over Dozaria, one of the resurgent Empire's primary dilithium suppliers.

She and her three sister-servants (an Orion named Zhanniva, an Andorian named Osaria, and a Deltan named Altara) saw to all of Aivarsson's needs, ranging from managing his daily schedule to eliminating his enemies to fulfilling his sexual desires. A politically moderate human who was strict but fair in his dealings and who had a predilection for extra-species relationships, Aivarsson treated the sister-servants with a comparatively large amount of respect and appreciation, keeping them well-fed and treated and even allowing them to call him by his given name in private. They were still regarded as second-class citizens while in public, though, and had to wear the governor's ownership collar when outside the governor's palace, but they were never mistreated by the governor, and indeed lived a life of comparative luxury. While the sister-servants were affectionate with Aivarsson and respected him as a leader and as a person, none of them truly loved him.

When the Bajoran Leeta began her push for power within the Empire, secretly backed by powerful forces, Aivarsson was amongst the first she contacted for an alliance, telling him she was sending Colonel Kiade Bem as her envoy to discuss the matter. Aivarsson, knowing of Kiade’s reputation for unnecessary sadism and violence, refused to let him beam down. However, Leeta had already secured the loyalty of many of the Imperial guards on the planet, and with Bem at the forefront, Leeta's forces took the planet in a nearly bloodless coup. Bringing Aivarsson and the sisters before him, Bem’s cruelty came into play, as he delighted in causing pain and misery to his victims, even without the use of an Agony Device. To him, the goal was to utterly break his victims before taking a trophy from them and granting them the tender mercies of death. The Agony Device was a crutch for those without the stomach to do what was needed.

Aivarsson was the first to die, followed by the sister-servants. Hriwa does not know whether it was a careless guard, her own struggles, or someone showing a modicum of mercy, but when she was brought before Bem for her own death (he had already claimed his trophy in the form of her tail), she managed to free herself from her bonds and attack. The rest is a blur to her, but in the end, Bem’s two bodyguards were dead from having their throats torn out, Bem’s face was shredded, and Hriwa had blood on her hands and in her mouth. In a split-second decision, she took Bem’s prized dagger (the one he used for all his “fun” work) for herself, and disappeared into the palace. Sneaking through the numerous secret passages, she made her way back to the room she shared with her sister-servants, packed some clothes, her own personal weapons, and the ownership collars, then reentered the passages to make her way down to the hidden shuttle hangar used by Aivarsson and the sisters for clandestine trips. Boarding the shuttle, she took off, heading to report what happened to Imperial Command.

She made it all the way to The Badlands when Bem’s forces caught up with her, and her ship was immediately attacked, but instead of destroying her, the weapons fire accidentally opened a breach to the Prime Universe, sending her crippled shuttle spiraling through. Bem, thinking the craft was destroyed, left The Badlands and returned to Drozaria to await Leeta’s arrival.

Hriwa’s shuttle drifted for a couple of days before being found by a Section 31 ship, who were monitoring the area. Taken to a secret location, Hriwa was patched up, questioned, and eventually offered a deal. Section 31 would provide her with a new life here and set her up to join Starfleet Academy with the understanding that there would always be an agent keeping an eye on her and that she would have to do Section 31’s bidding should they call.

She also could not reveal her true origins to anyone unless they were thoroughly vetted by the agency. Hriwa tested this once in the Academy. The cadet was later found dead or an apparent suicide. Hriwa still feels guilty about this and despises the agent who carried it out, gaining her revenge by taking his eye. She would have taken his life, but was stunned before she could complete the task. The agent in question was transferred to another part of the Federation as far away from her as possible.

Hriwa wears a modified Mirrorverse Uniform so that should she meet Bem again, he will recognize her before he dies. She wears three golden earrings in her left ear, a reminder of her three sister-servants. The knife is a reminder of her blood vendetta against Bem, and the collars are kept in a display in her quarters.
    Post edited by themadprofessor#9835 on
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    zefram_cochrane_statue_2_2__8k_uhd__by_salacnar-db41lgn.jpg

To Boldly Point...
    STO-Zeph-001.png

At least his hand has the palm facing to the side. If it was palm-down, I'd worry that we crossed into the Mirrorverse...
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!