test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] 310 – SPACE REBALANCED | PRIORITY ONE PODCAST: A STAR TREK NEWS SHOW

fynncobbfynncobb Member Posts: 57 Media Corps
Greetings, Captains! You’re listening to EPISODE 310 OF PRIORITY ONE PODCAST, your weekly report on all things Star Trek! Recorded LIVE on Thursday, March 16th, 2017 and available for download or streaming on Monday, March 20th at PriorityOnePodcast.com!

This week, we’re Trekking Out Viacom’s take on future Kelvin Timeline Star Trek films, a possible Star Trek-themed amusement park in the United Kingdom, and a new fundraising campaign to restore wax figures of the whole Original Series crew. In Star Trek Online news, we’re looking closer at balance changes coming to Star Trek Online’s space combat, and whether Star Trek: Bridge Crew VR could be a so-called “Triple-A” game.

And as always, before we wrap up the show, we’ll open hailing frequencies for your incoming messages!

TOPICS DISCUSSED

THIS WEEK’S COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
  • What makes Star Trek Online “fun” for you?

BE SURE TO VISIT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE PREMIER STAR TREK ONLINE PODCAST!

Priority One Productions is always looking for new team members that have a passion for Star Trek. Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well-known outlet for your work. If you have a skill that you believe could enhance our content, then send your contact information and experience along with a few writing samples to INCOMING@PRIORITYONEPODCAST.COM

Did you miss any of our great Blogs last week? Stop by THIS LINK and see for yourself! How about our latest Video Release? You can also follow us on the social media sites! We’re on Facebook! Head over to WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/PRIORITYONEPODCAST and say, “Hi!” Or, Check us out on Twitter via @PRIORITYONEPOD for show times and other cool stuff.

Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below or CONTACT US via our handy web form! Enjoy the show!

STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):
Web: priorityonepodcast.com/po310/
iTunes: Priority One Podcast

SUBSCRIBE:
OUR RSS FEED

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
STOPriorityONE

310-269x300.png

Comments

• fynncobbfynncobb Member Posts: 57 Media Corps
    Links SHOULD be right this time :D Sorry again about last week!
  • tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    What makes Star Trek Online “fun” for you?
    I suppose ultimately it's doing that make me feel like I'm having adventures like those in the TV shows and movies. (Even Kelvin Timeline adventures are welcome! :p ) Bit of a nebulous target for everyone I'm sure, but I'd think that things like playing compelling story missions (Cryptic-made or Foundry), setting your ships and bridge officers juuust right, even things like practicing Mok'bara on Risa or sitting in Quark's while clicking on Saurian Brandies could scratch that itch for a lot of people. If it makes you smile like a little kid on the inside, you're probably having fun.

As far as "fun" relates to the balance changes, I'd say it's about right when players can make and choose from a variety of character/ship builds and still feel like they can do things and contribute in STFs, etc. Sure there will always be a learning curve to the DPS metas, but a game should never be in a place where unless you're constructing your builds in a single exaaact way, that you automatically suck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]