What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - MARCH 21, 2017

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.75.20170306c.6

Systems:
  • The Plasmonic Leech now stacks up to 10 times
  • The Plasmonic Leech self-buff now stacks with the Power Conduit Link proc found on the M.A.C.O. Resilient Shield Array and Adapted K.H.G. Resilient Shield Array
  • The damage dealt by Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Amplifiers and Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifiers has been increased significantly relative to their current state on Tribble
  • The healing proc found on Shield-Repairing and Hull-Repairing Weapon Signature Amplifiers and Nullifiers once again has a 2.5% chance to proc.
    • They still do not have a lockout.
  • Resolved an issue that caused the [Inertia] modifier to not have any effect.
  • Resolved an issue that caused the [Over] modifier to have an excessive proc rate.
  • Resolved an issue where the Explosive Corruption and Ablative Corruption unlocks were giving the incorrect unlocks.
  • Resolved an issue that caused Plasmatic Biomatter and Phased Biomatter weaponry to not update the radius of their proc in the tooltips if it should change.
  • Resolved an issue that could cause the Plasma Feedback Cascade module to trigger multiple times.
  • The Defense Tab of the Ship Stats window now shows you your Radiation and Electrical Damage Resistance
  • The Auxiliary Power Configuration - Defense Reputation Trait now gives +All Resistance Rating instead of +Energy Resistance Rating and +Kinetic Resistance Rating.

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    The damage dealt by Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Amplifiers and Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifiers has been increased significantly relative to their current state on Tribble

seriously, cryptic...as happy as i am to see this, would it KILL YOU to use proper numbers? you don't have to live up to your name ALL the time​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    chrisofborgchrisofborg Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Awesome! Can't wait to try these new changes out.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

Systems:
    • The damage dealt by Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Amplifiers and Plasma-Generating Weapon Signature Nullifiers has been increased significantly relative to their current state on Tribble

What's significantly?
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »

Systems:

What's significantly?

Well, with the accuracy penalty on B:FAW we learned that slightly means 50-30%. We can piece all of it together, I'm sure of it. Significantly probably means 400-500% ! :p
  • Options
    bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Less than you want them to be and more than they want it to be, just kidding.
    Bridger.png
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    qjunior wrote: »

Systems:

What's significantly?

Well, with the accuracy penalty on B:FAW we learned that slightly means 50-30%. We can piece all of it together, I'm sure of it. Significantly probably means 400-500% ! :p

Given -30% ACC means nothing in PvE, that is a rather slight nerf.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    to hell with buffing the damage, though - i want the per-shot mechanic restored to them, because all-turret builds relied HEAVILY on that mechanic and the large amounts of damage exploders put out to get barely-competitive levels of DPS - between changing that and entropic rider from per-shot to per-volley and altering turret firing cycles, the ability of turret builds to be competitive has been utterly trashed​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    sovereign2727sovereign2727 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    JtSL8xj.pngPimRaLv.png
    1st is tribble, 2nd is holodeck, proc chance is much worse on tribble... so... still no.
  • Options
    JtSL8xj.pngPimRaLv.png
    1st is tribble, 2nd is holodeck, proc chance is much worse on tribble... so... still no.

Thanks.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    I never thought I'd hear myself say "Buff the plasma explosion consoles because they're worse than the hull and shield variants." but that's kinda what it looks like now.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited March 2017
    I really hope they did not buff the plasma consoles much. I had high hopes we were going to see some diversity in some high end builds place of auto cramming the same old same old in every sci console slot. If it is a must have then it needs to be nerfed. BTW they are sci consoles. Their primary purpose should be science, which they are good at. Any damage they do should be incidental. These are the equivalent of a tac console creating a gw and tkr with every activation on top of the weapon damage and crit increases they currently have.
  • Options
    atlmykl wrote: »
    I really hope they did not buff the plasma consoles much. I had high hopes we were going to see some diversity in some high end builds place of auto cramming the same old same old in every sci console slot. If it is a must have then it needs to be nerfed. BTW they are sci consoles. Their primary purpose should be science, which they are good at. Any damage they do should be incidental. These are the equivalent of a tac console creating a gw and tkr with every activation on top of the weapon damage and crit increases they currently have.

I'm not against them nerfing the plasma consoles, but there is a happy medium between making them useless and promoting diversity. It would be nice if they could find that line rather then just nerf them into oblivion.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    darkspeakerdarkspeaker Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    1) Have the Plasma Consoles no longer have shield penetration, so they have to deplete an opponents shields before dealing hull damage.
    2) Keep a partial damage boost from what it now on Tribble but return it to a per shot cycle.
    3) Skip all this and increase the base damage output on weapons for tactical captains so plasma explosions aren't needed at all to be competitive.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    double post
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I'm not against them nerfing the plasma consoles, but there is a happy medium between making them useless and promoting diversity. It would be nice if they could find that line rather then just nerf them into oblivion.

A science console the gives +37.5 on a sci stat, mods threat + or - and even buffs certain types of exotic damage is not useless. To me it sounds like a very effective sci console. Buffing energy weapons should not be a sci consoles job, you dont sci then put in some universal consoles.

Builds become diverse.
    Reduced dps will make stf runs last a bit longer.

I did a few dozen last week and I cannot remember a single detail from them because they are over so fast they barely register in memory. The tac and engy ships that use some universals will make runs more memorable too if you start seeing more things like singularity projectors or separations consoles.

Universal consoles could use a balance pass too. For every useful one there are 10 that could be good enough to slot but are just not there yet.

• Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    They need to fix sep consoles first.
  • Options
    Buffing energy weapons should not be a sci consoles job

So by that logic all science consoles that do anything other then buff science should all be nerfed?
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    halo111111halo111111 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    To quote your own words "Increase the fun – Games are about having fun, and players should not be made to feel that their fun is "wrong.”" In this quote you said our fun should not feel wrong but in reality you killed my build. I used a beam with crtdx4 for an overload and a massive single target hit and i used dual heavy cannons with that to tear the shields. well you killed in in the way it no longer always crts and nerfed the energy weapons so that each shot takes power instead of each cycle and in return i cant really use dual heavy cannons because it drains to much power. Thank you for taking away my fun and making me think that my fun is wrong really thank you. But here is what you could do instead of beam overload just buffing beam weapons make it to where it buffs cannons as well. and for power, decrease the amount of power cannons use so that they become more viable.
  • Options
    siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    [*] Resolved an issue that caused the [Over] modifier to have an excessive proc rate.

How was this "excessive proc rate" calculated - was the intention to remove the [over] madness when a BFAW cycle ends using [over] beams, or an overall proc rate reduction - because on holodeck I'm seeing the expected proc rate on the modifier when used normally, its only at the end of a BFAW cycle it goes mad
  • Options
    siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User

So much this. I was really liking the direction the rebalance was going by fixing an obnoxiously potent mechanic from a state of "use only this" to "other options now available". The sheer amount of outcry over these consoles is evidence that they were the focus of too many builds obtaining almost mythical status. No single item should be that "must-have" for literally almost any build.

Please cryptic, don't bow to forum pressure and "increase" them any more - there are many players who are seriously excited about the diversity that will now be seen.
  • Options
    halo111111 wrote: »
    To quote your own words "Increase the fun – Games are about having fun, and players should not be made to feel that their fun is "wrong.”" In this quote you said our fun should not feel wrong but in reality you killed my build.

What they meant to say is that your fun is wrong and the current meta being used by a lot of the dpsers is wrong. Destroying this meta will increase the fun.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 120 Arc User

A science console the gives +37.5 on a sci stat, mods threat + or - and even buffs certain types of exotic damage is not useless. To me it sounds like a very effective sci console. Buffing energy weapons should not be a sci consoles job, you dont sci then put in some universal consoles.

Builds become diverse.
    Reduced dps will make stf runs last a bit longer.

I did a few dozen last week and I cannot remember a single detail from them because they are over so fast they barely register in memory. The tac and engy ships that use some universals will make runs more memorable too if you start seeing more things like singularity projectors or separations consoles.

Universal consoles could use a balance pass too. For every useful one there are 10 that could be good enough to slot but are just not there yet.

I'll mention a single example another poster described: because of the changes to embassy plasma and cannon firing cycles, turret builds are no longer reasonably viable. At the same time, gimmick consoles will still not be meta because there are _many_ other DPS-oriented replacements for embassy plasma. What then is more important for diversity: having more viable builds that play differently and have strengths in different areas, or the ability to equip more different consoles in just one or two top builds that ultimately play exactly the same regardless of what consoles are slotted?

To be fair, the plasma changes did make more ships viable, since it reduced the importance of science console slots. But if these other ships end up being built the same way to play the same way, is that diversity really significant?
  • Options
    ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Hello ,
    first i make Much Pvp and i use Spiral Wave Disruptor Beams but the proc to disable one Subsystem
    never hit (Maby all 500 hits One Time)
    i have 4 of it
    spiralm6sxr.jpg

But the Resistance Debuff procs nearly 100%

i hope the disable proc going to be fixed

Greets
    Ekypyros

Post edited by ekypyros on
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    edited March 2017
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I wish the plasma exploders were changed to proc per shot instead of per cycle and adjust the damage. accordingly.

Them being changed to per shot was one of the main reasons they were OP to begin with. Prior to the Tribble change they had a chance to proc the shield bypassing damage every single shot for massive damage. They're far more balanced now than they ever were previously.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    you know, buying stuff on the exchange on holodeck and then porting the toon to test new stuff is kinda getting annoying as I have to reset EVERYTHING. Is there a way to port with the setting?!? Also kinda expensive...but that is the price of trying new things :p .

that's one of my main gripes as well is i wish it would import our bar setups and loadouts.
    ekypyros wrote: »
    Hello ,
    first i make Much Pvp and i use Spiral Wave Disruptor Beams but the proc to disable one Subsystem
    never hit (Maby all 500 hits One Time)
    i have 4 of it
    spiralrisdc.jpg

But the Resistance Debuff procs nearly 100%

i hope the disable proc going to be fixed

Greets
    Ekypyros

Can you provide some combat logs or something demonstrating what you're seeing. I have access to Spiral Waves myself and will try to test this as well, but just curious as to what kind of evidence you already have to add together. Also nice picture of an El-Manouk alien XD
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @darkbladejk
    In Combatlog dont show up disables or Res debuff
    But i have much testet in PVP 1vs1

Res Debuff Evertime ! But no Disable !
    if you want i show it you in PvP 1vs1 thats the disable rate much lower(nearly 0) then Res Debuff

Edit*****
    My evidency is my Play XP in kerrat Never see offline at the enemys ,onlyone where i have see going offline was at a borg cube but not to other Players
    Ok I try when Fleet Members another test in 1vs1 , and save the Combatlog (to me "dont forget disable not rotate logs )

upload later a log

greets
    Ekypyros
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    •Resolved an issue that caused Plasmatic Biomatter and Phased Biomatter weaponry to not update the radius of their proc in the tooltips if it should change.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

(Possibly of note: I logged in to check this and the tool tips were still not displaying radius correctly, even after several map changes. Erased character and loaded in a fresh copy and the tool tips are now reporting a glorious 2.5km radius. Most excellent :))
    Post edited by nikeix on
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User

Totally agree with this sentiment. However that line might be considerably lower than what you're happy with. And probably should be low enough that the aggro manipulation is the main point and principle value of these consoles, not the damage proc. I'm happy to see less shield penetration almost anywhere in the game (its a mechanic that's run amok IMO). Whether the new damage is the right damage for the Dev's goals, I can't say. But if the damage is high enough its desirable/meta to stack them for damage rather than aggro manipulation, then it's probably too high. If they were unique, then I'm sure the damage could be much higher without setting off alarm bells.