test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PODCAST] Priority One Podcast 308 | What We Left in Vegas

fynncobbfynncobb Member Posts: 57 Media Corps
Greetings, Captains! You’re listening to EPISODE 308 OF PRIORITY ONE PODCAST, your weekly report on all things Star Trek! Recorded LIVE on Thursday, March 2nd, 2017 and available for download or streaming on Monday, March 6th at PriorityOnePodcast.com!

This week, we’re Trekking Out how you could be dining with the cast of DS9 in Vegas, and the latest release update for Star Trek: Discovery. In Star Trek Online news, we’re catching you up on the latest events.

And as always, before we wrap up the show, we’ll open hailing frequencies for your incoming messages!

TOPICS DISCUSSED

THIS WEEK’S COMMUNITY QUESTION

• Have you been affected by Star Trek Online ending support for older systems??

BE SURE TO VISIT OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE PREMIER STAR TREK ONLINE PODCAST!

Priority One Productions is always looking for new team members that have a passion for Star Trek. Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well-known outlet for your work. If you have a skill that you believe could enhance our content, then send your contact information and experience along with a few writing samples to INCOMING@PRIORITYONEPODCAST.COM

Did you miss any of our great Blogs last week? Stop by THIS LINK and see for yourself! How about our latest Video Release? You can also follow us on the social media sites! We’re on Facebook! Head over to WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/PRIORITYONEPODCAST and say, “Hi!” Or, Check us out on Twitter via @PRIORITYONEPOD for show times and other cool stuff.

Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below or CONTACT US via our handy web form! Enjoy the show!

STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):
Web: priorityonepodcast.com/po308/
iTunes: Priority One Podcast

SUBSCRIBE:
OUR RSS FEED

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
STOPriorityONE

308-269x300.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tylermaxwelltylermaxwell Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Greetings P1!

Have you been affected by Star Trek Online ending support for older systems?
    I run a fairly old rig (more than a decade old by this point), Vista-era hardware with a bargain bin graphics card. I have no illusions about its upcoming lemon status. It barely works with some other games that I've tried, if they work at all. I became worried as soon as those DX9 end-of-support popups appeared around the start of the year that I wouldn't be able to play STO anymore unless I shelled out some serious cash for upgrades, or more likely a completely new comp. Especially since my previous experiences running DX11 on STO were quite troublesome (auto-crashes and whatnot). But I decided to at least try to switch over to DX11 and hope that I could jigger something into a workable state...and low and behold, I flipped the switch and everything worked fine! Been playing on DX11 ever since without issue. Guess this old rig still has some life in it.

If there are other comps that can't play anymore, I'd guess that they're probably WAAAAY too old (~15+ years) for much in the way of modern MMO gaming anyways. The fact that I can still play on my old rig seems excessively generous as it is.

Shame about the Mac/Wine people though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]