test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Miner Instabilities: Was it ever fixed?

lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
We all know that the elite version of this queue has its problems with difficulty since the outset but today I beat my personal best: twenty-one injuries in a single run. It doesn't help that these are often critical so can't be healed during the mission unless you happen to have stocked up on rarely dropped critical regenerators (you can't buy them from vendors). As the injuries mount you'll find yourself getting more of them as your survivability slowly drops from one respawn to the next.

I can't be the only one to have noticed that the enemies are both far too numerous and far too difficult to dispatch, can I?
Q9BWcdD.png

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Yeah they fixed it. That's why no one plays it anymore. :pensive:
    Tza0PEl.png
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    When MIE was released last year it was actually pretty easy because it was bugged. MIA was also bugged because they were no different from normal if I remember correctly. You did not even sustained any injuries if you died. I think it took about 3 weeks for both MIE and MIA to be fixed where the difficulty was scaled up and characters could get injured.

I haven't played MIE in about 3 months, but I plan on getting back into it. I don't know of any changes to MIE since the last time I played. It's tough, but fun.
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    still easy to get one-shotted, but doable without much injuries.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    From a strict player vs. critter perspective miners is currently the second to hardest ground map we have (after Nukara self-destruct). That’s however is all there is to it. The additional tasks are easy and require not much team interaction.

My friends and I play it almost every day. We pug it a lot but tend to do so at least in pairs or better yet three of us because of the difficulty.

The map is not broken it’s just engaging. It deseves to be called elite.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Think there was a stacking injury issue with this queue early on that's since been fixed. Just remember to repair injuries as they come. Haven't had a critical since the fix. It's a fun queue.

Keeping 1 stack each of minors and majors in your inventory works well so when you see them being used it's time to put more in your bank.
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    The NPCs themselves aren't difficult: its the masses of mobs that gank you that's the issue. The Romulans are armed with both Sniper rifles and photon grenades, both of which can knock you down, thus making you vulnerable and unable to retailiate for seconds at a time simply due to the animation of getting back up. If youre knocked over with one, its not uncomoon to get ganked while the animation is cycling. THAT"s why its harder than others and why Control powers are SOOOOO important on this map. That said, the payout of marks is above-average.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    The mark reward is comparable with Atmosphere Assault, which is infinitely less of a pain and much shorter too.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »
    The mark reward is comparable with Atmosphere Assault, which is infinitely less of a pain and much shorter too.

I prefer MIE to AA. I never really liked any of the missions that involved shuttle crafts.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »

Is it? Well, what I *do* know is that MI pops on the reg.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User

Is it? Well, what I *do* know is that MI pops on the reg.

I agree, which is why I'm so puzzled at how rarely AA has enough players. Shuttle missions aren't that bad!

Anyway, getting back to MI, it's not that I find it too challenging, rather that it's gone so far past challenging that it's just infuriating!
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    While critical regenerator are hard to come by. I do sell quite a few on the exchange. They can be crafted on a percent basis, at a fleet star base or your ship interior once every 20 hours. None the less they are a pain to craft which is why the sell decently.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Complete MIE all the time with PUGs doing perfect or near-perfect runs each time. Even the PUGs can get this done right for most parts. Sure, there's that occasional group that are horribad in MIE but you can say that with ISA PUGs also.

I do MIE because it's surefire Elite level rewards. I'm not even one of those hardcore Ground PVE guys.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Atmospheric Assault is the go-to PVE during the Shuttle Event. The biggest Mark payout and very quick to pop (not waiting for 20).

Some don't like Shuttles because they can't get 100k DPS. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Atmospheric Assault is the go-to PVE during the Shuttle Event. The biggest Mark payout and very quick to pop (not waiting for 20).

Some don't like Shuttles because they can't get 100k DPS. :)

Throw Omni Beams or Beam Arrays, slot BFAW. Pure comedy ensues!
    XzRTofz.gif