test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ULC-Annual 2 Discussion Thread

aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
This is the discussion thread for ULC - Annual #1: Rouge

This is a new unofficial literary challenge to start off the new year!

Along with the regular ULC's, this is an optional challenge I've decided to start for developing a lesser used alt, or just to flesh out one of your characters. For best results, the idea of the ULC-Annual, is to stick to one character for the remainder of the 11 month challenge. More in-depth summary on the Entry thread.

Obviously you don't have to participate for all 12 prompts, I just thought it would be something interesting and new to try with the start of 2017.

Can't wait to see what's thought up this time!

Comments

• takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    Interesting prompt for February.

Seems to fit with Valentine's day.

Though it might be hard to keep things from going NSFW, if I'm being completely honest. And likely not for just me.

Well, I'll see if I can come up with anything. :)
    76561198160276582.png
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Got one up for Feb! Happy Valentines Day.

Spoiler:
    It's the Tomsins. They were stealing coffee filters.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »

Spoiler:

'Love at first sight Nebula' did have me grinning.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    edited February 2017

Spoiler:

:p
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Almost have my own prompt halfway done, so I hope you appreciate all the extra attention to detail I tried to put into it once it is posted. Can't say it is as mushy as yours is Hawku, but I'm venturing into my one weak zone: writing lovey-dovey scenes without going to out of character!

Spoiler:

:p

Saw this a few days ago and forgot to comment! Cliches, cliches and jokes galore! You inspire me with your avid witticisms!
    aten66 wrote: »
    Almost have my own prompt halfway done, so I hope you appreciate all the extra attention to detail I tried to put into it once it is posted. Can't say it is as mushy as yours is Hawku, but I'm venturing into my one weak zone: writing lovey-dovey scenes without going to out of character!
    Haha. Will check it out. I think being in love does throw people out of character in general anyway.
    Saw this a few days ago and forgot to comment! Cliches, cliches and jokes galore! You inspire me with your avid witticisms!
    Thanks! They're generated the same way Family Guy jokes are.

200_s.gif

Now presenting part one of a story I call Lovesick. Laptop I was writing on happened to die, so I'll post the other half tomorrow after I get it plugged in to charge.
    Now presenting part one of a story I call Lovesick. Laptop I was writing on happened to die, so I'll post the other half tomorrow after I get it plugged in to charge.

My theory is something similar to the gel packs is happening in the crew's bloodstream. Eep

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
    Welllll....

I currently hate my computer, as I had to rewrite the ending to part two....

But! Part two is now up, and I tried to rewrite it from memory as best I could,thought the very end just doesn't ahave the same air it did at midnight this morning...

Enjoy it none the less!
    The bits in the transporter room were really amusing - there was an old TNG novel (wayyy back) called "Grounded" with an inorganic infection; naturally it became sentient and fought back. I like the way this one 'attacked' and it including the crew better.

The bits in the transporter room were really amusing - there was an old TNG novel (wayyy back) called "Grounded" with an inorganic infection; naturally it became sentient and fought back. I like the way this one 'attacked' and it including the crew better.

Thanks!

When I originally wrote this up I was running out of ideas, and then I remembered this Ohir's ship is basically a DTI/TIC ship, since Ohir is from another universe, the ship is home to parallel Starfleet crew who got 'lost' in the STO-verse. The transporter officer was actually a slight nod to a webcomic featuring a beaten-down Miles O'Brien, though I didn't even realize this at first!
    Nice work! I always like the infection stories and how the crew is slowly taken.