test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NEW STO Game Info and Academy Index

13»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This Guide in total is Great. Thanks for all of the work done on it.

In Memory Alpha now is it just the 4 Columns to work with? or will it go into More Advanced Items like it used to after the main page has been gone through all the way??
    edited April 2011
    I would imagine that sticky threads are immune to such action. Not sure, but that would make sense.
    edited April 2011
    This Guide in total is Great. Thanks for all of the work done on it.

In Memory Alpha now is it just the 4 Columns to work with? or will it go into More Advanced Items like it used to after the main page has been gone through all the way??

Memory Alpha has been streamlined so that everything is pretty much General R&D. You do not have to have any further specialized knowledge. As you increase your research skill points, you can make higher Mk items.
    edited April 2011
    RynoHawk wrote:
    Memory Alpha has been streamlined so that everything is pretty much General R&D. You do not have to have any further specialized knowledge. As you increase your research skill points, you can make higher Mk items.

Don't you have to clear General R&D before it will let you move on??? It used to; but then its been soo long since I hit cap it might have changed.
    edited April 2011
    Don't you have to clear General R&D before it will let you move on??? It used to; but then its been soo long since I hit cap it might have changed.

No. There are no longer separate R&D disciplines. You only need to increase you skill in one tree (general). There are separate tabs for different item types (starship components, starship weapons, personal equipment, schematics) but you can craft all from General R&D points. This may change in a future update with skill trees brought back for crafting advanced items.

Here is a useful guide to how it is now;

http://www.stowiki.org/Crafting
    edited August 2011
    Placed a couple new threads in the "Guides" section. Know of any good threads, sites, etc. that you want to find quickly? Let me know and I'll list it here.
    edited November 2011
    Still checking in here every so often. Cleaned out some dead links and such. Have a link to information that should be listed here? Please post it here.
  • talos85talos85 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Just returned to the game after a long time, I left just after they added the Klingon faction, so I was wondering what are the major things I've missed?

It won't let me post a new thread, so I thought I'd piggy back this one if it's ok?
  • fscientist#2762 fscientist Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This is an interesting thread, good thing it's pinned... but now that the forums URL changed, all those internal links redirect to the main page.

May I suggest that someone (with a lotta time on their hands... and a faster computer than my good ol' lagtop) post a redux thread, to be pinned in this one's stead? You'd probably need to search thread titles on the forums, I'm assuming the display text is indeed the thread title for each.
    A scientist of fiction. Or somesuch. I'm getting really rusty on both, dawg. :/
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Um, I am a noob now the game is released on X1. I went to look at a couple of the thread links on the original post... they all just link to the same place and not to where they suggest, well the 6 or 7 that I tried did anyhoo.
  • regnumnixregnumnix Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same - I have a sneaking suspicion game is pretty well dead :( haven't even downloaded the last patch yet sigh
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    regnumnix wrote: »
    Same - I have a sneaking suspicion game is pretty well dead :( haven't even downloaded the last patch yet sigh

No. If you look up 2 posts, these links were all tied to older forum software so they are now broken. The game is not dead, just this thread that you necro'd. Also, FYI necro-ing a thread more than 30 days old is against forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.