test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keep a close eye on your mail for messages from PWE (gifted ship and spec points)

Comments

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    I got the email for the Sovereign code. Already purchased the ship, but nice to get the Spec Points. Thank you Cryptic!

Conversationally speaking, my main's all full up (literally he has every spec maxed, and about a dozen left over points, so whenever the next is released, he'll likely be (near-)done with that one already...), but I've got a couple alts that could probably use them (of course, now I gotta decide which alt, but thems the breaks #FirstWorldProblems lol).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • apolloxl5apolloxl5 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 2017
    > @kodachikuno said:

> unlikely... as this promotion is for PC, thus if redeemed it would apply to your PC based STO account..
    > However there is only one way to actually find out

But the promotion did not say for PC, but for PS4 and X-one One.
  • lathaislathais Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    apolloxl5 wrote: »
    > @kodachikuno said:

> unlikely... as this promotion is for PC, thus if redeemed it would apply to your PC based STO account..
    > However there is only one way to actually find out

But the promotion did not say for PC, but for PS4 and X-one One.

If you look at the news on this site, it is listed under the PC section of news and there is nothing about it at all in the XBox One and PS4 sections of the news. It's also the 7 year anniversary of the PC launch date, not the console launch date as that has not even had an anniversary, much less a seventh.
  • apolloxl5apolloxl5 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 2017
    null

Thats funny because i have seen plenty of promotions for the anniversary on the PS4 version of STO.

Why would they show thatvif it was only for the PC?

I mean i have yet to see anything for Agents of yesterday, but i have for the upcoming anniversary and on my email for the Archon (saying for ps4 and Xbox one).
  • defiant8472defiant8472 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    It's not related to the level, as i have 6+ 60s and that acc got no this mail. As well it's not related how much zen you spent as on my both acc i bought none in a while, spent not much this year too. But somehow one my acc got it and another one not... Both has plenty of 60s with max rep and so on. Got it on that acc with which currently playing more .
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    I didn't get anything - but seeing I'm one of the most evil, and pro-KDF players in the game, I wouldn't need, nor want this ship. Keep your fanboy trinket, I got plenty of cooler ships.
  • anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    I got the email, I entered the code on arc and it said it was accepted, but I cannot see the ship anywhere ingame
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    anyonka wrote: »
    I got the email, I entered the code on arc and it said it was accepted, but I cannot see the ship anywhere ingame

Go to the zen store in game click on the promotions tab it will be there.

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User

Isn't it usually in the c-store in the promotions tab? Didn't get the mail so cannot check myself.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Isn't it usually in the c-store in the promotions tab? Didn't get the mail so cannot check myself.

I have the ship and its in the promotions tab, I can vouch for that!

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Yes, it will be in the C-store, under the Promotions tab
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • anyonkaanyonka Member Posts: 120 Arc User

Go to the zen store in game click on the promotions tab it will be there.
    questerius wrote: »

thanks found it, I'm not quite awake.
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    @rikwessels

I do not have to know you to know you are making drama for no damn reason AT ALL, and yes I am utterly dismissive of entitled special snowflake drama queens like you.

have it your way .I outlined the exact reasons why I thought this kind of promotion is a bad idea and the venom I got thrown at me subsequently did underscore the points I made 100 % .

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Checked, no code, BUT Russian Brides to be are waiting to meet me !! ... Wonder if I should I tell my wife...
    Post edited by vengefuldjinn on
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Thank you cryptic!

now if only i could get the command ship that completes the 3 pc set for battle cloak for under $90 dollars....
    Simple Mine dilth, run admirality missions for dilth, run doff assignments that only reward maximum dilth, use arc and do the game log on thing thats 500 zen right there. If you really want them work for it and stop moaning. You really don't need to spend real money if you are willing to put some effort in.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    I have this ship as well, I wonder can we gift the code to a friend that does not have the ship? I sent a message to Ambassador Kael, but he has not yet responded.
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I've learned to ignore these threads instead of being disappointed every time. Only people that ignore the game for months get these.

I think this was given to those players who filled out the lock box survey of January 6th, I could be wrong though!

My younger sister hasn't even played the game for a while, and she got a code. You are therefore wrong.

The lock box survey was an email they sent out not something in-game. Are you sure she did not answer the survey?

I answered the survey, and I did get the ship code. All of my characters are level 60 and I've been playing steadily since late 2014 after taking a break in 2012-2013.

Did the survey go nothing. Shrug don't care it's not a TOS Connie so eh...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Thank you cryptic!

now if only i could get the command ship that completes the 3 pc set for battle cloak for under $90 dollars....
    Simple Mine dilth, run admirality missions for dilth, run doff assignments that only reward maximum dilth, use arc and do the game log on thing thats 500 zen right there. If you really want them work for it and stop moaning. You really don't need to spend real money if you are willing to put some effort in.

Yes, great strategy. The only problem with that plan...The T6 Command Sovereign isn't available in the C-Store.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    Thank you cryptic!

Yes, great strategy. The only problem with that plan...The T6 Command Sovereign isn't available in the C-Store.

Check the fleet shipyard. Its 4 modules and comes with better stats then the promo version. You cant miss it, Its right next to the fleet intel version.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Thank you cryptic!

Check the fleet shipyard. Its 4 modules and comes with better stats then the promo version. You cant miss it, Its right next to the fleet intel version.

which does not have the console or the trait last I checked.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    @pwstolemyname

Only setback with that is it wont have the special console available for the 3 piece set, which currently through ebay is around $125 from a german seller for the attack wing version of the U.S.S. ENTERPRISE E
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator

Cool, except...
    nightken wrote: »
    which does not have the console or the trait last I checked.
    @pwstolemyname

Only setback with that is it wont have the special console available for the 3 piece set, which currently through ebay is around $125 from a german seller for the attack wing version of the U.S.S. ENTERPRISE E

What they said. Completing the set is what he is wanting to do.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    rikwessels wrote: »
    you know what this theater does ( from a marketing perspective ) ? It makes me think twice about spending any $$ whatsoever - in the foreseeable future - on anything in the Z-store . I would think the exact same way if I did get the email and someone in my fleet didn't . It is bad marketing in the extreme ...

You know, that was my first reaction too. But Cryptic doesn't give a sh*t; and, at the end of the day, I'll just be hurting myself not buying stuff I really wanted. And Cryptic knows that, of course. So, nothing left but to feel groggy for a while, and to commend Cryptic for playing the playerbase out against each other like this.

I have played a lot of MMO's and have never seen a worse "promotion "( ever ) . Sure, you have similar promotions in other MMO's but they always tell their players what criteria makes them eligible to receive the "prize " . Folks comparing this to the outfit don't understand either : the difference is everyone gets that outfit ,regardless of if you already own it .Next time I get an email from Cryptic asking me to spend $$ on something , I already know how fast that one will be thrown in the bin ( faster than you can say "oh, an email !" ) . And again: I'd feel the exact same way if I had received the email and others hadn't .

Yes, I don't think these types of promos are very good. It's simply not nice setting players up against each other like this: favoring just 'a happy few', based on no apparent criteria, breeds confusion, hostility (towards Cryptic, I haste to say: I don't harbor any ill-will towards those lucky enough to be chosen), and a general sense of unfairness.

The problem is severely compounded, of course, by ppl telling you about their winnings (why, not just telling you, but basically 6 pages full of rubbing it in your face). I must admit I never really get that. I see threads like 'Ooo, I only used 1 key, and got a Bulwark!' Although I don't open lockboxes myself, I always fail to see what purpose is served by doing so, other than to gloat. Were that to happen to me, I'd just keep the fact to myself, and not feel the need to throw it in other people's faces. Of course, from their perspective, they likely just want to share the news of their good fortune.

Anyway, didn't like the Gold-plated Ferengi promo either (even though I received one). Which, in many ways, was actually worse, as they had a more-or-less defined criterium there (being a 'loyal customer' -- which still could mean just about anything, including being picked out of a hat), but then left folks angry amongst each other for also being a loyal customer, and why didn't they get the ship then?! (And those feeling weren't jealousy, but simply entirely justified questions).

So, tl;dr, yeah, this promo sucks.

all very well but if it hadn't been for this thread many players might have missed the email or not seen it until it had expired.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    you know what this theater does ( from a marketing perspective ) ? It makes me think twice about spending any $$ whatsoever - in the foreseeable future - on anything in the Z-store . I would think the exact same way if I did get the email and someone in my fleet didn't . It is bad marketing in the extreme ...

You know, that was my first reaction too. But Cryptic doesn't give a sh*t; and, at the end of the day, I'll just be hurting myself not buying stuff I really wanted. And Cryptic knows that, of course. So, nothing left but to feel groggy for a while, and to commend Cryptic for playing the playerbase out against each other like this.

I have played a lot of MMO's and have never seen a worse "promotion "( ever ) . Sure, you have similar promotions in other MMO's but they always tell their players what criteria makes them eligible to receive the "prize " . Folks comparing this to the outfit don't understand either : the difference is everyone gets that outfit ,regardless of if you already own it .Next time I get an email from Cryptic asking me to spend $$ on something , I already know how fast that one will be thrown in the bin ( faster than you can say "oh, an email !" ) . And again: I'd feel the exact same way if I had received the email and others hadn't .

Yes, I don't think these types of promos are very good. It's simply not nice setting players up against each other like this: favoring just 'a happy few', based on no apparent criteria, breeds confusion, hostility (towards Cryptic, I haste to say: I don't harbor any ill-will towards those lucky enough to be chosen), and a general sense of unfairness.

The problem is severely compounded, of course, by ppl telling you about their winnings (why, not just telling you, but basically 6 pages full of rubbing it in your face). I must admit I never really get that. I see threads like 'Ooo, I only used 1 key, and got a Bulwark!' Although I don't open lockboxes myself, I always fail to see what purpose is served by doing so, other than to gloat. Were that to happen to me, I'd just keep the fact to myself, and not feel the need to throw it in other people's faces. Of course, from their perspective, they likely just want to share the news of their good fortune.

Anyway, didn't like the Gold-plated Ferengi promo either (even though I received one). Which, in many ways, was actually worse, as they had a more-or-less defined criterium there (being a 'loyal customer' -- which still could mean just about anything, including being picked out of a hat), but then left folks angry amongst each other for also being a loyal customer, and why didn't they get the ship then?! (And those feeling weren't jealousy, but simply entirely justified questions).

So, tl;dr, yeah, this promo sucks.

all very well but if it hadn't been for this thread many players might have missed the email or not seen it until it had expired.

And that is also true. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • kitsuneichibankitsuneichiban Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    It's a shame, I actually would've reinstalled the game and fired things back up if I'd received that. Of course I got nothing, so I just shrugged and went back to not logging in ever and just watching forum drama. Clearly it's the smartest selection criteria at play here.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    I got bupkis!
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

I have never gotten any such surveys.
    I have never gotten any such newsletters.
    I have never gotten any such free stuff at all.

I am now at the point where I am starting to think these threads are all hoaxes.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    no. the threads are real. It's the people posting who aren't! Just kidding.
    Seriously, you have to go into your options (either on the website or in-game/arc, where ever) and set it to receive Star Trek Online Notifications via Email. Otherwise you will not get any of this stuff.
    Speaking of which, I've not gotten even an regular email update in several months. I need to go see why it's not working on my end. Same with anyone else who isn't getting poked with the STO stick about twice a month. A lot of the News items are also email updates. So if you don't get anything, you need to see what you've turned off.
    *shrug*

I realize this was a bit late in the thread to state it, but I'm sure someone else has already said it.