test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free ship

Thanks for the free sovereign, Cryptic... I just have to wonder though, why didn't I get the spec points and KDF-side equal to the Sovereign? I mainly play KDF.

Comments

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I got the ship too. Surprised I am. It is a nice ship. Thanks Cryptic. I know you did not have to but you did anyways. Much appreciated!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    There is no KDF equivalent to the Sovereign.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

any cruiser analog would do if they have to pick something for things like this.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User

literally any battlecruiser
    any chance someone from cryptic could reply?
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH omg thats the funniest thing....
    seriously tho, we pretty much never get 'official' responses, especially on freebies
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Dude you got a free ship be thankful for that they didn't have to give you anything.
    The whole thing appears to be random so its not like they spied on your account and think "this guy plays to mush KDf, lets give him a fed ship to make him play fed more"
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
    Dude you got a free ship be thankful for that they didn't have to give you anything.
    The whole thing appears to be random so its not like they spied on your account and think "this guy plays to mush KDf, lets give him a fed ship to make him play fed more"

or do they? hmmmmmm >:) /tinfoilhatmode
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User

what dont be silly of course we i mean they dont spy on players
    *bans kodachikuno from forums*

0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok

what dont be silly of course we i mean they dont spy on players
    *bans kodachikuno from forums*

>.>
    <.<
    I feel a tremor in the farce.....
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    What Cryptic should have done to make it faction neutral is give away one of those temporal 31st century ships that can be used on all three factions. Then everyone could have had a free ship for their main character if it wasn't Fed.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • lathaislathais Member Posts: 121 Arc User

Dude, he was being thankful. It's literally the first words in his post. Then he had a further question about how it worked. If you can't answer that question, why say anything at all? Especially to tell him to be thankful when he clearly already was.
  • vanquisher01vanquisher01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well it's not working anyway. Not for me at least. But it would have surprised me if it had anyway...
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    What isn't working? My code worked fine, the ship and spec points were in the promotions tab of the c-store.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User

I am not sure there are actually people employed at Cryptic anymore... I suspect it's really just an AI randomly generating content.

However, about the "why didn my KDF..":

Seriously... Are you guys never happy? You got a free gift... a 25 USD gift if memory serves... thats actually alot of money in the long run... BE HAPPY.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »

I am not sure there are actually people employed at Cryptic anymore... I suspect it's really just an AI randomly generating content.

Seriously... Are you guys never happy? You got a free gift... a 25 USD gift if memory serves... thats actually alot of money in the long run... BE HAPPY.

If someone doesn't play Federation characters is it really worth $25 as you say? Seems more like a waste to that person.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • silenteagle03silenteagle03 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    wont seem to show up for me. Any help?
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    nightken wrote: »

any cruiser analog would do if they have to pick something for things like this.

literally any battlecruiser
    Not in a literal sense with the Sovereign. The T6 Scimitars have "equivalents" in the form of the Odyssey and Bortasqu since they come with the same consoles. The Sovereign has no true equivalent but I understand your point.
    I'm guessing no since they don't owe anyone any explanation.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    wont seem to show up for me. Any help?

promotions tab
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yeah. Both the ship and the points were in the Promotions tab for me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »

If someone doesn't play Federation characters is it really worth $25 as you say? Seems more like a waste to that person.

Yeph thats me, nice fed ship but havent play fed for 4 years,,, lol
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    @silenteagle03

How far have you gotten? Usually, the best answers are given to questions with the most accurate details.

Without more than knowing that something won't show up for you, I'm guessing it isn't that the code won't work, so unless you can't get the email to show up, I have to agree with the "Look in the Promotions Tab" crowd.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the free sovereign, Cryptic... I just have to wonder though, why didn't I get the spec points and KDF-side equal to the Sovereign? I mainly play KDF.

double check your promotions tab for the spec points, if you got the ship you must have got the points.
    this was a promotion aimed to give away one ship that would benefit the majority of players in the game that the code was sent to, as the most popular faction is fed it makes sense to target that faction with a fed ship.
    Well it's not working anyway. Not for me at least. But it would have surprised me if it had anyway...

if the code is not working contact support, if the code worked but you cant find the ship and spec points check the promotions tab of the c-store.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

double check your promotions tab for the spec points, if you got the ship you must have got the points.
    this was a promotion aimed to give away one ship that would benefit the majority of players in the game that the code was sent to, as the most popular faction is fed it makes sense to target that faction with a fed ship.

KDF might be more popular if they'd do stuff for us lol... maybe some kind of promotion that gives a free T6 BoP or something if people play KDF characters. I already bought that so it wouldn't help me, but it might help the population
  • shahademshahadem Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »

It is only worth $25 if the player values it at $25. Since the cost was $0 then the value is determined by the player rather than the payer.
  • isee1isee1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I didn't get the email at all(and yes I checked the junk mail). I found the points under the promotion but no ship.