test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    "No kidding," Krystal replied.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Sarah narrowed her eyes. "Of course, I probably should've figured that sooner..."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • shadowslasher410#3475 shadowslasher410 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    "Look, I'm telling you, they already know about us being from the past!" Hizrah exclaimed, throwing his hands up in exasperation. "As if my own baby-smooth face didn't make it obvious enough! Have you seen Tellarite's faces in this era? So wrinkled!"

"Anyway..." Edwards huffed, rolling his eyes. trying to keep the conversation on track, "Whether we trust them or not, we still need to figure out where and when she is..."

Hizrah was pacing the conference room now, his anxiety and irritation apparent.

"I can help you with that..." a familiar voice intoned, as Daniels emerged from the shadows of the room. Daniels's normally perfectly groomed hair was wild and untamed, his face gaunt and drawn, with scars, burns, cuts and bruises crisscrossing practically every visible inch of skin.

"Dammit Daniels! Stop doing tha-" Hizrah's exasperation quickly turned to shock, as he took in the Temporal Agent's form. "What the hell happened to you?"

"There's no time!" the urgency in his voice was enough to give them all pause. "Suffice it to say that if I wasn't properly shielded right now, I wouldn't exist."

He paused, steadying himself, "Listen... your Captain... she's in the past. I have the temporal coordinates for you here but... there's something you need to know first... Her captors... they have a great deal of control over time... innate, natural control - not with the use of technology. Lyras and the fourteen other people there are being temporally reintegrated with all their past and future versions of themselves at a quantum level."

Lissan's eyes widened, as she muttered curses under her breath. The rest of the crew, however, merely exchanged blank looks.

"...Meaning what, exactly?" O'Donnell finally asked.

Lissan sighed. "All right it's like this. You know the string theory, right? For every choice we make, there's another timeline, another reality somewhere that makes a different choice. By doing this, they're essentially taking all the branches, all the timelines, and merging them into one branch of reality, one timeline."

A heavy silence descended on the room. "Well... damn..." Hizrah finally said, stroking his beard distractedly. "We should... probably tell the others about this..."

"I'll contact them..." Edwards murmured, still somewhat dazed he went to a console embedded in the table and tapped in the appropriate commands.
    Nat and Jim sat around in the admiral's ready room, eyeing the communications console closely. It flashed with an incoming message, and the admiral pressed a button, opening the channel. "Admiral Nat here. Who is this?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

• "Johnathan Edwards, Chief Medical Officer of the U.S.S. Eterna. But that's not important, the important thing is, we know where, and when, the Captain - Lyras - is. But there's a bigger problem."

Daniels moved over to stand beside the CMO, frowning. Making a shooing gesture with his hand, Johnathan said, "Daniels, can you tell him what you told us? In smaller words this time, please."

Daniels rolled his eyes, but complied, telling his fellow Temporal Agent what he had told the crew of the Eterna, as well as what it all meant. "I don't have to tell you what kind of damage this is doing to the timeline, not just this one, but all the other ones as well. It also means, though, that if you fail, there will be no second chance. In the future that this timeline is going to create, temporal technology won't exist. The only reason I'm even here right now is because of temporal shielding." Daniels sighed, "We can't afford to mess this up."
    Admiral Nat's jaw hit the ground as he replied. "Give me a moment." He turned to Jim, pointing to the door, whispering to him. "Find out if ours is still around, and have Scott tell Sarah what Daniels just told us, and have him stay with her and Firestorm in case we fail. Oh, and have somebody get other me out of Q-land, we might need him."

After Jim walked out in a rush, Nat turned back to the screen. "Where do we start?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• "I'm sending you the temporal coordinates now. There is one other thing... We're not sure if this is intentional or not but... where they're being held... It's in some sort of temporal fracture - time passes at different rates than the rest of the space-time continuum. Sometimes its much faster, sometimes slower - what to you would seem only a few moments could actually be many years outside of the fracture."
    "Well that'll complicate things" Nat replied. "When do we leave?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• "Commander Lissan here, Admiral," the Aenar said coolly, making her way towards the viewscreen. "We're all under the impression that 'as soon as possible' would be best. We don't exactly know how much time we have, here."
    Nat nodded in agreement as Jim walked back in. Nat continued. "Well let's get going then. Rendezvous with us and we'll get moving."

Captain Sarah Walker - Earth Spacedock

Scott walked in and made a bee-line for Sarah, pulling up a chair. "I've got bad news."

Sarah deadpanned. "What is it this time..."

Scott proceeded to explain, somewhat quietly (to prevent being overheard) what Daniels told the admiral, and Jim, who in turn told Scott who was now telling Sarah. Sarah's eyes widened slowly, and her jaw slowly dropped over time. Eventually, when Scott finished, she replied. "So what do we need to do?"

"Wait on the Firestorm, with Captain Nat, and hope they succeed." Scott replied, "if they fail, try a second time."

Sarah nodded and leaned back in her chair for a moment, looking over at Krystal. "Well, I guess I gotta go. Wanna come?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Still got nothing better to do," Krystal replied.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Sarah got up and motioned Krystal to follow, heading for the transporter room with Scott. When they arrived, Scott turned to Sarah. "You two go ahead, I've gotta go get other Nat back into our world and bring him, just in case."

Sarah nodded and Scott scurried away to Q. Sarah turned back Krystal. "Ready to beam up?"

"I need Captain Nat back here" Scott stated. "Could you bring him here?"
    Q shook his head. "No can do, he's actually beyond my powers, believe it or not. Besides, that would be too easy, wouldn't it?"
    Scott deadpanned. "Ok, so if I go into your wonderland and find Nat on my own, could you ensure we arrive back here right after we left? You know, time travel. I don't think we can afford the time it'd take to find him."
    Q sighed. "I'm sure your precious captain can do that himself." He waved his hand, and Scott disappeared in a flash of light.

To Be Continued...​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal followed Sarah with soda bottle in hand.
    Sarah beamed up to the Firestorm K, now safe inside it's temporal shielding, protecting the vessel and it's contents from any temporal failures that might occur.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Not sure I like the displays, but... then again its a ship from another time period," Krystal said.
    Sarah looked at the consoles, confused. She looked around at the total lack of chairs. "What, no command chair?"

One of the officers, an engineering officer, walked over. He looked mainly Cardassian, except his ears were noticeably Vulcan. Sarah raised an eyebrow as the officer spoke up. "I'm Commander Shivak, chief engineer and currently second officer. We've already prepared the ship for departure for if and when it becomes necessary."

Sarah nodded. "Good to hear. Does this bridge even have a command chair?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"Somebody take design cues from the Dominion?" Krystal said as she looked around.
    Sarah deadpanned. "Of course they did. Why wouldn't they? Why did they do this?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• Lyras awoke to the sound of a voice. "... think it's true, what she said?" Marco asked. Lyras lay there listening as she pretended to still be asleep.

"As much as I hate to say it... I think so. Have you noticed? She seems... different from before, somehow." Lyras recognized Natalie's voice, quiet and serious. Natalie Crawford was a maintenance engineer. She didn't speak much, but when she did, everyone listened. "Besides, why would He go to all that trouble of letting us watch letting us watch her spill her guts if they weren't actually real? He's not the type for lies and falsities."

"How can everyone just sit here pretending you don't see what this is going to mean?!" Benny rumbled. "We're never going to see her again after we get out of this blasted prison!"

"You mean if we get out." Marco reminded him glumly. "We could be stuck in here until we die, you know."

Lyras opened her eyes. "We will get out of here. We have to." Someone will come for me. She wasn't sure whether she found that thought comforting or distressing. She wanted to get out of here, of course. But she didn't want to expose anyone to danger trying to rescue her. Especially if they got captured... Images flashed unbidden through her mind; Hizrah, Kieran, Jonathan, Lissan, their minds broken and their bodies maimed. Lyras shook her head, covering her eyes with her hands in a futile attempt to drive the images away. They kept coming - new ones, now, featuring the people she had met in 2410; Commander Scott, Captain Elric, Admiral Nat...

"Lyras!" The shout snapped her out of her thoughts, where she found herself pinned down by several people, her parents' worried faces inches from her own. Immediately, her limbs were released and she found her family crowding around her.

The U.S.S. Mephiles prepared for departure, awaiting the Eterna's signal.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• "Wait... weren't you on another ship before? The Chronostorm or something? Or was it the Sally? Anyway, the Eterna is as ready as we'll ever be." Hizrah hailed the Mephiles via the communications station on the bridge, where the remainder of the crew, in addition to Daniels, was gathered.
    Commander Burt replied over the comms. "The Chronostorm was under the other Nat, and we just transferred ships."

Nat soon spoke up as well. "The Chronostorm is also lost. Let's get moving."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• shadowslasher410#3475 shadowslasher410 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    "You were... panicking or something." Marco explained, seeing the Vulcan's puzzled look. "Started thrashing around like you were still... you know, trapped."

"How long have I been out?" Lyras murmured.

"A couple days, give or take." Her grandfather answered, patting her on the shoulder. "Course, you can never really tell, what with how time works 'round here."

"How's the pain?" Her father asked, his large hand grasping hers. Like the rest of them, Joseph Williams knew that the pain was always the worst right after what they all called 'A Session'.

She shrugged, then winced. "It'll fade. Always does."

Lyras glanced around the room that had been her home for the majority of her life. Well, 'room' was perhaps too limited a term. Now that she had been in the 25th century, with all its technological marvels, she would best compare it to a kind of holodeck. Each resident had their own portion of the room they could manipulate with their minds. There were no doors or exits, however, and nothing they had tried had been able to generate one.

They had been in this room ever since Lyras had turned six, her captor apparently giving the rest of her family instructions to "educate her". The few times she had tried asking about where they had lived before, she was given vague details or declarations like 'no where as nice as it is here, that's for sure' so she soon stopped asking.

She supposed others might have considered it a blessing, but to her, it was always just as much of a curse. Whatever caused this room to function as it did was also present in the interrogation room, although her captor was the only one who could manipulate it there. Sometimes, when he was in a particularly cruel mood, he would reach into her mind and dig out her deepest fears and make her experience them over and over.

"Did you... have any of you seen...?" Lyras began, wondering about her most recent Session.

"What? What is it, Lyras?" Her mother, Maria Williams, encouraged gently from her position beside the Vulcan.

"It's just... there was someone else with our captor... during the Session..." Lyras remembered, speaking hesitantly. "I didn't see him, just his form. But... his voice..." she shuddered, trailing off.

There were no words of false encouragement, those had ceased long ago. Instead, she was enveloped in 14 pairs of arms, a group hug of sorts they all did whenever anyone was having any trouble.

'Ours is a place of darkness, but let it not be one without love.' She had read that in a book once, when she was younger; she couldn't help feeling that it was especially true here, in these situations.
    The Mephiles signaled the Eterna and opened a temporal rift to the coordinates specified by Daniels, already fully prepared for battle.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

For the first time in a while, Krystal actually looked like her old self rather than damaged goods. She tugged on her uniform a bit before stepping back as she was technically only a guest at the moment.
    Captain Nat and Commander Scott appeared in a flash of light, standing by Krystal.
    "I'm back!" Nat said gleefully. "Had a lot of fun, too. I'll tell you the story later."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal rolled her eyes and just finished her soda.
  • An indeterminate amount of time later, Lyras was dozing peacefully when she was jolted awake by the sensation of a bucket of ice water being thrown on her. No water cascaded down her limbs, however, and when her eyes opened she found herself once more in the interrogation room, stripped bare of clothing and shackled.

Initially, she was confused; in all of her time here, her captor had never spaced any of their Sessions so close together, and not without giving everyone else a Session first. She found her answer, though, when she recognized the form of the being she had seen earlier, the one with the cold voice.

"You." Hearing that voice again made Lyras want to curl up in a ball just to get away. No one had ever affected her like this. "You think you have experienced pain. Suffering." It was not a question, but a statement. "You haven't. But now, you will."
    Captain Nat shrugged and pulled out a piece of a sizeable gingerbread man, taking a bite out of it.
    Sarah deadpanned, but after a moment, her eyes widened. "Wait, was that guy once alive by any chance?"
    Nat shrugged again, looking away, innocently.

U.S.S. Mephiles, Temporal Fracture

The Mephiles arrived in the fracture, but no one appeared to follow from behind them. The vessel's temporal shielding, as experimental and new as it was, kept any temporal distortions outside the vessel, although they provided no answers as to the whereabouts of the Eterna, which had not arrived.

Admiral Nat sat around in his chair, waiting. Everyone waited. Several minutes went by, but still nothing.
    "Maybe it's a side effect of the temporal anomaly?" Jim asked, questioningly. "They could show up days later... or for all we know, they were here for weeks and decided we weren't coming. Anything is possible."

"That complicates things" Nat replied. "Scan for... well, anything. Ships, stations, floating rocks..."

The Mephiles' advanced sensors began scanning the area for literally anything.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"If it has anything to do with Q..." Krystal trailed off.