test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BUG: [Armor] mod on kits actually REDUCING armor value

welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
edited November 2016 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
On my toons using the Delta Expedition kits with the [Armor] mod, they actually have a reduction of resists by about +/- 2 Percentage points. this is across all of my toons that have kits with that armor. Below are screnies with examples:

With Kit on:

JcFvXNU.jpg

With kit off:

OdXtAZg.jpg

I deactivated traits to be sure there wasn't some sort of funky interaction, but clearly something is off. I am also hearing the the [HP] mod isn't doing anything; I suppose I should check that too. You guys may need to do a QA check on these.

EDIT: Bought a cheapo uncommon kit from the exchange with ONLY an [Armor] mod on it. Same thing. Did same for [HP], however, and it seemed to work.
EDIT #2: Ok, Upgraded a kit with [HP] to Epic and there is NO boost to hitpoints.
T93uSC8.jpg
Post edited by welcome2earf on

Comments

• lockonx#2583 lockonx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I can confirm this bug. The [Armor] modifier does reduce your resistances than without.
  • ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    this bug is old as many other things, but you can fix it by yourself: let your kit in slot, remove body armor (check status) and put the body armor again. (check status = fixed until next map loading)
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    this bug is old as many other things, but you can fix it by yourself: let your kit in slot, remove body armor (check status) and put the body armor again. (check status = fixed until next map loading)

I know what you mean as I remember...shields having this issue at some point. But two things:

1) It's still a bug weather its just a display issue or not.
    2) Even by jiggering the kit on and off, there is NO boost to the armor stats. Now granted, the way CrypticMath does resists gives a HUGE penalty the higher up you go, and +30 to armor will do TRIBBLE all (Armor is a TRIBBLE mod for kits, imho) but you should still see a *small* bump. I would guess +30 at this point should actually give you a +2% boost. SO it seems that somewhere its subracting instead of adding or some TRIBBLE.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    1) not
    2) Your ground armor wont gain any boost, however it does improve the effective damage resistance and [everything else] of any armor you are wearing in status window.

At the end of the game, armor mod isnt only used for resistances purposes... and yes for...offensive power.
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    1) not
    2) Your ground armor wont gain any boost, however it does improve the effective damage resistance and [everything else] of any armor you are wearing in status window.

At the end of the game, armor mod isnt only used for resistances purposes... and yes for...offensive power.

1) It is a bug. Period - if you have to take off a kit and put it back on to see the effective values, it is a bug. Full stop. That is certainly not WAI.
    2. What you say is true, but it still isn't offering any boost to overall resistances ( I should have clarified my meaning..). Yes, I know - if you have no armor, it does squat. But if you do, you should get some bonus, display bug or not. As it stands currently, doing your work around only sets your armor to its normal values. How is this WAI?

Also, explain how the [Armor] mod helps offense? I'm curious.

And in the scheme of things - and this is my opinion, but in the current meta, [Armor] is a TRIBBLE mod compared to say, [WpnCrt] or [Kperf] for example.
    T93uSC8.jpg