test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Credit rewards on different contributions are completely out of proportion.

rothnangrothnang Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited November 2016 in Fleet System and Holdings
The number of fleet credits you get for different contributions to fleet projects seem completely disproportional to me. I'm part of a small fleet that doesn't have a fully upgraded starbase yet, and it's obnoxiously difficult for me to get any fleet credits at all because of how the game weights how many fleet credits you get for your contribution.

Here is the problem, the only way to get fleet credits is to make contributions to these various upgrade projects, but the amount of credits you get is so completely skewed toward fleet marks that nobody wants to contribute the other items. Fleet marks are ridiculously easy to get, pretty much all you do is join a queue, fly in circles for 10 minutes while hitting space bar, and bam, 100+ fleet marks. These trade for a whopping 50 fleet credits a piece if you turn them in. On the other hand, dilithium which is a MUCH rarer resource, bottle-necked by your refining maximum, and useful for other things than just handing off to your fleet only gives you a 1 to 1 exchange in fleet marks. You don't get any fleet credits at all for turning in project specific provisions, and I have no idea how anyone is supposed to come up with 100+ Duty Officers to hand in all by themselves.

Why is this system so completely out of whack? Why is it that you need hundreds of duty officers, which seem very difficult to come up with for an individual player, but a single player can easily fill the entire requirement of fleet marks? Why are fleet marks worth a huge amount in fleet credits, and much more difficult to come by resources give you pitiful rewards?

The system just doesn't seem balanced well at all. Every single day I log on and see the same thing: People falling all over themselves to throw fleet marks into projects and then nobody wants to do the other stuff, because you're essentially taking a loss on it. The contribution system is broken. It doesn't reward all contributions equally, so it creates a situation where someone has to sacrifice expensive resources for low rewards, and other people are getting huge payoffs for dumping easy to get fleet marks. Why can't the system just be balanced in such a way that every type of contribution is actually worth making?!

Comments

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2016
    I do think the DILITHIUM payout which I just commented in another threat is 1:1 is a generous way to earn a lot of fleet credits. Sadly not enough people consider donating to these projects but that needs to be encouraged & communicated to fleet members.

There are a few area's I agree could be improved upon a little.

Three area's for improvement are:

EC contributions could be improved by 25%.
    Civilian & Non Civilian Duty Office projects could be improved by 50%.
    • While these projects currently require only common duty officers.
    • REWARD higher payout for quality of duty officers (+50% for uncommon) similar for R&D.
    Fleet Marks for T5 Starbase FM Unload projects increased to 5000.

However one has to remember that choosing to have a fleet & being a leader within one requires you organize & communicate effectively to ENSURE fleet projects are completed & contributed toward. As a fleet leader you can sort or promote members by their contributions made towards the fleet. B)

Still it seems different fleet's have different challenges, smaller fleets have many more projects to contribute toward, but then must complete projects to move onto the next... Larger fleets have far fewer projects they are required to contribute toward, but have options to unload fleet marks at a reduced payout ratio.
    0zxlclk.png
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    I do think the DILITHIUM payout which I just commented in another threat is 1:1 is a generous way to earn a lot of fleet credits. Sadly not enough people consider donating to these projects but that needs to be encouraged & communicated to fleet members.
    Dilithium and fleet credit commodities are the responsibility of the fleet owner. This sentiment seems to be shared by a majority of the playerbase.

The reality is a lot of fleet owners try to be heavy-handed in demanding non-owners pay their bills, and this isn't right. Dilithium and fleet credit commodities represent the cost of owning a fleet, and transient guests who do not have the luxury of ownership should not be tricked into believing they are responsible for this cost, nor expected or even encouraged to pay any of it.

/channel_join grind