test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thinking of adding my solo fleet to an Armada

spacebaronlinespacebaronline Member Posts: 1,103 Arc User
So I have a solo Fed fleet. Was never more than 6 players, yet I am all that is left. Would adding it to an Armada help? Currently its T4 base T3 mine T1 lab T2 spire T2 embassy level 41

I don't really understand the system, but if bigger fleets are looking to fill out projects for credits, then I suppose it could be helpful to them. I know some big fleets players have problems getting projects to get credits.

Anyways just a thought. I am really not into recruitment any more. So if the Amanda wants to make the fleet grow, I won't be out humping Esd every day. But I can help in basic management.

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, kind of thought so. Could still move it along a bit. I do like having the ability to get fleet credits whenever I need them. Dilithium is the biggest problem.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    You have really done well....to have built up your fleet solo.
    So high! That is awesome. So, don't give up...stick with it!!

I must say even in a regular sized fleet...there is only a small pool of people even paying attention to anything but Fleet marks. It will usually fall on one person who is dedicated to the projects to fill the rest of the requirements. Especially, the Dilithium.

Luckily we have two. "It is a long term project." <-- that is what my Fleet Leader would remind me when we started ours 4 years ago (??). We are building one fleet with two people...we got involved with an armada when those came out, finally, last year (??).

Hope you can find an armada to help you out. But expect to do the majority of the work yourself. Unless it is Fleet Marks...yeah, everyone is willing to dump those in there "for you".

But, even with an Armada, the Dilithium and DOFF requirements still linger around the longest.

And part of this (for me, anyways) is because EVERYONE in our Armada is getting to the top tiers...and looking to get those things filled. There just isn't enough to go around. And who gets priority? "My fleet first."
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Well if I could finish the lab, spire, and embassy it would be a big accomplishment. I am up to 170k on the science part of the base. Would take 3 months to get that to t5. Guess an Armada could help speed the base to t5 quick as it is mostly just doffs and fleet marks.
  • Options
    Well if I could finish the lab, spire, and embassy it would be a big accomplishment. I am up to 170k on the science part of the base. Would take 3 months to get that to t5. Guess an Armada could help speed the base to t5 quick as it is mostly just doffs and fleet marks.

Well...let's see...I am going on day 2 of my Starbase T-4 assignments....still need tons of DOFFs of every flavor. I haven't got extra DOFFs to give to another fleet because they are all needed in our projects. I looked at the other Fleet's projects in the Armada, and see they are, basically, in the same boat!!! I am not expecting help from them.

We got Fleet Marks from the Armada for this round. Pretty sure I filled a lot of the commodities and XP myself.

I am going to go to the Academy to break down some of my DOFFs to dump in there...if it doesn't fill I am going to the SB and use my Fleet Credits to do it. <-- Because this is soooo screwed up....both ways, NO ONE WANTS TO DO IT!! And I don't blame them! I even dread having to do it...I think I will wait another couple of days. LOL!

Seriously, people would rather sell off their DOFFs in the Exchange than go through this mess to donate to the fleet. And who would use their Fleet Credit (or any other personal game resource) for buying DOFFs for projects but a dedicated nut, like me? (It doesn't help that I can't stand seeing those bars NOT filled, either.)

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Look...here is a guy looking to add a fleet like yours, over on this thread:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1220537/fleet-armada

• Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    I know How you feel I am currently working on teir 3 of my starbase, there are 16 members in my fleet and 5 of them are me only one other person helps with fleet credits I take care of dillithium requirements and ec requirements by plaing the game for dillithium and exchangeing my 500 Zen for dillithium each month since I am gold, and at times buy Zen as well. I am in an Amada but it's not really any help.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    To have accomplished so very much with so few people speaks well of both you and them. Color me impressed. I really mean it. Sadly, looking for Dil from fleets in armadas with large numbers of members does not work. Most people join a fleet and then wait for someone else, anyone else to contribute Dil. Complaining about this does not work either. The people who need to hear it are deaf and prefer to remain this way.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    @spacebaronline
    I personally have no problem with a solo fleet in an Armada. My main KDF Armada has one right now, as a Beta. It may sound like a disadvantage but it is usually a good place to get some Fleet Credits.

I know I have a space in my main UFP Armada, and I'd be able to hook you up with a Gamma spot. It is a smallish and kind of quiet Armada. Quiet but not dead. There will be at least some dilithium for you if you come in, as I try to help out everyone at least a little.

I see that where2r1 has a link for you to check out above. They might be a lot more active, and work out better for you.

If not, then let me know if you have an interest in my gamma spot. E-mail, @admiralkogar in game. I'm on each evening usually.

Good luck! :)
    Qapla!
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    @spacebaronline

I sent you a friend request to try and make communication easier. :)

If you no longer need the assist, that is not a problem either. Accept or reject as you see fit. :)

Qapla!