test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[HP] on kits does not work

knc13knc13 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
As the title says, the [HP] modifier on kits simply doesn't do anything. My health points are the same whether the kit is equipped or not.

Comments

• Options
    papasezpapasez Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I think there might be more going on than just [HP] being bugged. I have a Delta kit with the [HP] mod and my Iconian armour gives +223hp. My HP has been 1486 for some time now (with all the other modifiers I have that give a boost to my HP).

This morning I bought a kit with the [Armour] mod (but no [HP] mod) and upon equipping it non of the modifiers on the Iconian armour changed, including the +hp it gives. I noticed my total HP dropped however so I assumed at least the [HP] mod on the kit was working. Upon re-equipping the Delta kit however my HP went to 1450 not the 1486 it had been previously despite it being the exact same set-up.

Just for giggles I then tried removing my Iconian armour and the Delta kit and re-equipped the kit first, then the armour and my HP rose to 1497! Again, same set-up I've been using for months which had given me a total of 1486 HP. I then switched out the Delta kit for the new one with the [Armour] mod and my HP dropped to something like 1447. While I'm not 100% on the amount it dropped it none the less did drop. Re-equipping the Delta kit and the Iconian Armour did manage to bring it back up to alternately to 1486 and 1497 HP. Kooky.

I don't know if this is a display bug or not and trying to reproduce these things is a tangled nightmare as there appears to be no consistency and there's so many factors affecting things I don't know where to begin to start. For the record, I have no Kit Mods that passively boost HP.

This definitely requires some attention/looking in to by the powers that be as something is clearly wrong with how the game is giving increases to character HP.

Cheers.

• Options
    papasezpapasez Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    No one else has noticed any kind of oddities with their character's Hitpoints and how bonuses are being applied?​​
  • Options
    cdpbscdpbs Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    any news or lack of communication again?
    oh boy....
  • Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    I am not seeing this issue, however, I am noticing a delay in it applying (up to 10 seconds).

When you see this issue, is that you're not seeing an immediate hitpoint change, or the endurance training stat never changes? If the endurance training stat is not changing, could you give me a character@handle with an affected kit frame so I can look more into it?
  • Options
    cdpbscdpbs Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    okay.....with a big delay i see the +hp.
    thanks for the info
    working as indeed
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2016
    I am not seeing this issue, however, I am noticing a delay in it applying (up to 10 seconds).

When you see this issue, is that you're not seeing an immediate hitpoint change, or the endurance training stat never changes? If the endurance training stat is not changing, could you give me a character@handle with an affected kit frame so I can look more into it?

I will say I haven't directly seen the author's issue but I have seen others that are somewhat similar.

Yet the one outstanding issue I notice is with RESPECT to Commando SPEC, with all 2 Tier's fully populated when you enable commando SPEC; the 20% boost to HP & Shields is calculated wrong unbalanced.

Despite most shield's having 450-625 HP depending on Mk & Health being often residing between 700-950 depending on ground skill choices or other modifiers--shields with commando active increase a plausible 20% (close to 100 HP approximately) but Health often twice as large doesn't even increase 1/3 of the raw value of the shield benefit (<35) so something is a miss.[/color].

To test both claim's above: all changes updated in < 5sec

I used my Klingon with Intel & Command full spec's slotted with no kit OR kit with no HP buff's given his ground skill choices had a Health of 882; I then added a Kit which boosted my Klingon's Endurance Training by +52.5 to see how it would then total and gave me a revised HP or Health of 941. So Kits clearly are boosting a character's health.

I then put my original Kit back with no HP values on resetting my HP to 882 & KHG Shields were Mk XIII at 428. Now I changed my secondary SPEC from Command to Commando which is supposed to buff both HP & Shields by 20%.

Shields HP increased from 428 to 507 while my character's health barely increased from 882 to only 910.

Given that my health was more than double my shield HP why would a 20% boost to both represent an increase for shields of almost 79 yet only represent an increase of 28 HP to my overall health?
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    I will say I haven't directly seen the author's issue but I have seen others that are somewhat similar.

Yet the one outstanding issue I notice is with RESPECT to Commando SPEC, with all 2 Tier's fully populated when you enable commando SPEC; the 20% boost to HP & Shields is calculated wrong unbalanced.

Despite most shield's having 450-625 HP depending on Mk & Health being often residing between 700-950 depending on ground skill choices or other modifiers--shields with commando active increase a plausible 20% (close to 100 HP approximately) but Health often twice as large doesn't even increase 1/3 of the raw value of the shield benefit (<35) so something is a miss.[/color].

To test both claim's above: all changes updated in < 5sec

I used my Klingon with Intel & Command full spec's slotted with no kit OR kit with no HP buff's given his ground skill choices had a Health of 882; I then added a Kit which boosted my Klingon's Endurance Training by +52.5 to see how it would then total and gave me a revised HP or Health of 941. So Kits clearly are boosting a character's health.

I then put my original Kit back with no HP values on resetting my HP to 882 & KHG Shields were Mk XIII at 428. Now I changed my secondary SPEC from Command to Commando which is supposed to buff both HP & Shields by 20%.

Shields HP increased from 428 to 507 while my character's health barely increased from 882 to only 910.

Given that my health was more than double my shield HP why would a 20% boost to both represent an increase for shields of almost 79 yet only represent an increase of 28 HP to my overall health?

The likely reason is that it's neither 20% of your current health nor 20% of your current shield capacity, but 20% of some hidden value in each case. Unfortunately, the tooltips do a poor job of explaining this. In most cases, percentages in tooltips apply to values that are hidden from the user, and some "reverse engineering" is required to understand the math.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2016
    TRUE.

Still if my character is level 60 my base health is 595-650 even prior to ground skills that increase endurance further really should see no less than 120 HP improvement and ground skills spend in health endurance or KITS with that ability should boost it further. :s

I was not looking at current (enhanced by traits or raw armor buffs of +125, Iconian set >350+ health) health. I also identified KITS appears to boost HP correctly, so confirm its Endurance Training, not Health Regen, or another attribute.

I understand the math all too well. A 140 HP would generate a 28 HP boost. Who do you know that has a Health Hit Point of 140?

Hopefully were obtaining the 20% damage resistence that SPEC point generates, but I confirmed it reduce from 50% to 45%, when wearing Omega Force Armor Mk XIV, so perhaps this is 20% boost resistence values which should be clarified. Still a 28 HP boost to HP when the true value (prior to HitPoint% Traits &/or raw armor HP buffs) should be >120 or more depending on ground skill choices OR if your KIT buffs Endurance Training further despite being considered lack luster by many; as value sadly seems based on KPerf (Kit Performance) alone.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png