test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 242: "Naussican Distortions"

midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
Tribbles in Ecstasy Take 242: "Naussican Distortions" has warped on to Holosuite Media, you can download and stream it from:
This week the crew discuss the most recent news from Star Trek Online (including console news), Star Trek Timelines, Star Trek News, Listener Feedback and more!

Our community questions this week are:
1. Are there any major bugs with lighting 2.0 that you’re noticing?
2. What are you looking forward to for the xmas event?

LLAP

Tribbles242.png

Comments

• memnoch#6978 memnoch Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    It would be awesome if you guys do detailed explanations of these new systems and how best to use them.
  • alex1geralex1ger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Hello there gentle-tribbles,
    I don't have that much time for feedback today and I won't be able to be there for the live show, so good luck.

Community questions:

1.) Like I mentioned before, no new lighting for me right now.

2.) Well, uhm, the new ship, I guess?
    See, I prefer the summer event over the winter event. The floaters and powerboards are just more fun to me than the whole "slippery track" mechanic. But your mileage may vary.

Since I don't have that much time this week... The whole T6 Sovereign thing has been another rather bumpy ride when it comes to communication. I mean, it started with Wizkids announcing stuff and a lot of initial silence from Perfect World and apparently the intel version showed up on tribble by accident and I think there were some issues with putting the wrong screenshots into the command version blog? Or something like that?

See, Trendy was never supposed to be our community manager. Smirk was.
    I am reasonably sure Trendy was hired to do something else. And then Perfect World apparently thought Smirk wasn't pulling his weight or something. So Trendy kept doing her thing and did the community thing on top of it.
    That is commendable and I understand that sometimes there may be issues because of it, but how long has it been since then? How long since she's been promoted? How long since the console versions launched?
    How many (mainly communication) issues have we discussed in the last couple of feedbacks? And how many weeks since she mentioned on Twitter that she was doing interviews to find a new community manager for STO?

The fact that they still haven't found a new community manager is mind-boggling. If you consider promoting someone, you should think about the possible ramifications of that action BEFORE going through with it, not after... Why do I even have to point this out?
    When I look at this mess, I get the impression that Perfect World (at least the north american part) is pretty much a headless chicken. If you want me to open my wallet EVER again, try to act like you know what you're doing!
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    2.) I'm not looking forward to the ship if it's another Breen ship. Their ship aesthetics have never been my cup of tea. I'll still probably go for it either way because the admiralty cards go a long way in helping my KDF and Rom alts. As for the little item goodies, I hope we get some more new stuff. Sweaters, hoodies, an item that turns you into a gingerbread man/woman like the coal thing that turns you into a snowman. Some more fun stuff in general.

If I'm gonna be specific, I'm still hoping that an adult Jackal Mastiff pet comes out. I'm not talking about the one you get as a mission reward in one of the KDF episodes. That one is a combat pet. I want a non-combat pet. Puppy versions exists, but I also want an adult. They're cold themed and I want some excuse to bring them in dagnabbit. I'm probably the only one yelling at clouds here.

Feedback

Sun said that consoles don't have fleets starbases yet. I'm not entirely sure. I just assumed since the infographic said there were 1,617 fleets in service.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10230033-star-trek-online-console-accolades

If it's true that fleets don't have access to building up their starbases, then that removes the possibility of acquiring a T5 Fleet Negh'Var. This only leaves one Negh'Var option for console players, the free one you get at Brigadier General or level 40.

So what I said still holds. As of right now, a majority of KDF players on both consoles aren't flying C-Store ships. Most Rom players on both consoles are at endgame and are supporting the game directly (spending cash) or indirectly (buying Zen from the dil exchange) by flying C-Store ships (Malem and Scimitar). Most PS4 Feds aren't at endgame because most aren't passed level 30, but Xbone players are and are supporting it by flying the Eclipse. Both KDF console playerbases are at (near) endgame, but are not supporting the game, at least for now. Perhaps they are and are instead buying things such as keys or what have you. Maybe they're just waiting for more T6 ships. I don't even know what point I'm trying to make here. Merely analysing I guess.

I didn't catch the Extra Life Charity stream, but I did see the last few minutes of the archived footage. I didn't exactly get a good look on how much wasabi they took. I hope it wasn't a lot. That stuff isn't easy to swallow in spoonfuls. Props to Trendy for willing to triple down.
    SP9Pu.gif