test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Blog/Email Code

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited October 2016 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hey folks!

I know a lot of you received the following code: 6rS0U3ES. Maybe you got it through email, or blog, fleetmates, next-door neighbor, etc. The code was a way for us to celebrate the launch of Agents of Yesterday: Artifacts by giving a large number of players some fun items for free. Unfortunately we discovered some issues with how the code was being delivered and could be exploited, so we decided to make an adjustment.

Instead of a large number of players having access to these items to help us celebrate the new season, now every single player will now have complete access to these free items for a 48-hour period! We felt like this was a good way to let everyone in on this awesome giveaway, and make the promotion as seamless as possible. I’ll be posting up a blog tomorrow with more information, but I wanted to give you a head’s up.

Morrigan “LaughingTrendy”

Comments

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    While personally I wasn't really interested in the items, I know other people were excited over them, so thanks, Trendy and company, for you all working to fix the problem caused by some miscreants abusing the well-intended promotion and for letting us all know that their actions won't keep others from receiving these items.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    "Every single player"?

Does that mean those who got the code to work can get them again when they are is the sea store for 48hrs?

Nice.

And for those calling the giveaway garbage, shame on you.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Thank you.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Kudos for doing this :)
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Bout time someone official piped up about this, rather than some community moderator in a thread,
    hopefully cryptic now learn from this and remember that in future across all their games when it comes to their giveaways..
  • xaneksxaneks Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Okay, so people are thanking the dev team for not checking the code to see if it was exploitable or not?! Have you all lost your ever loving minds?! Its a good thing this was rectified for sure but it should have been working the first time and atari should have passed the source codes technical writings when the game was sold off
    Bout time someone official piped up about this, rather than some community moderator in a thread,
    hopefully cryptic now learn from this and remember that in future across all their games when it comes to their giveaways..

This has happened before. This is essentially standard procedure at this point
    edited October 2016
    ... and saying Thank You, is just Polite Manners...

Something many folks around here are sorely lacking in.

It's not offered for the mistake, but for the fact that They acknowledged it, and are offering an amicable solution.

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Do you need to install ARC to redeem this code?
    redricky wrote: »
    WE don't know for sure yet, but probably.
    No code this time, Sea Store.
    redricky wrote: »
    this code doesnt work. also https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem
    daveyny wrote: »

It's not offered for the mistake, but for the fact that They acknowledged it, and are offering an amicable solution.

Its also common manners to check this stuff in cert BEFORE launching it and then silently yanking it
    edited October 2016
    So two wrongs make a right?
  • spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    No code this time, Sea Store.

We getting the Enterprize sailing ship from Generations then? - that would be a great Sea Store item :smile:
    (Sorry, just couldn't resist - the Borg kept telling me it was futile)

Whatever the giveaway is - thanks for making it possible for us to still benefit despite the issues with the original codes.

• redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    So the 48 hour period starts... when? I guess the blog tomorrow will tell. I had a lack of reading comprehension and thought it was now. I saw free stuff and stopped reading.

I installed ARC and it says the code is expired, but yes if you are a steam user like me it seems like you will need to install ARC.

http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4201/~/redeeming-pack,-item-or-promotion-codes

Anybody have any idea what the items are? My desire for free swag is second only to my love of anything described as a "fun item." Tribble popper cemented my love. If nobody posts I'll try to remember to post it myself if I successfully redeem the code.

Thanks all, including LT.
    edited October 2016
    Who's LT? Laughing Trendy ok.

Doff pack, R&D pack, 10,000 bonus XP pool

Like i said, it will most likely be in the CSTORE no code will be used this time.
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

I concur!

Qapla!
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    After griping about the commodities to EC thing all week, I am sure willing to say thank you for something that got fixed ... so THANK YOU TRENDY and all! :)

Qapla!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Thank you Trendy!

I know it was a small giveaway compared to all of the ships, costumes and other loot you've given us free this year, but it was frustrating to receive the email then find out (only by reading the forums) the giveaway had been canceled. The silence bothered me much more than the $2.

Now that I have an official response (and a very nice one) I can stop following you around like the paperboy.

https://youtu.be/6z9Cg46Nktw
  • he11bladehe11blade Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    Thank you Trendy. Any chance you might be able to get to our messages requesting ToS convention codes?
    f86cqFw.png
    I don't understand this $2 thing people are talking about.
    Doff pack = 200z
    R&D pack = 300z
    Large XP boost = 975z
    Total = 1475z = $14.75
    The giveaway is valued at $14.75 not $2
  • shatterhand1701shatterhand1701 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    This promotion just had garbage in it that was mostly useless to the players.

Wow. How incredibly disrespectful and ungrateful. And how "big" of you to take it upon yourself to represent all players of Star Trek Online.

No problem. We'll just encourage Cryptic/PWE to never give you anything for free again...you know, since you can't muster any appreciation for it whatsoever. That'll save you any effort.
    So two wrongs make a right?

No they make a Left...

As in, his brain has left the building.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Trendy, very kind of you, and the rest of the team!!

Thanks!!!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

I'll take anything that's free. pabmgEK.png​​

Quick get some JJ Trek items in the que!
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I don't understand this $2 thing people are talking about.
    Doff pack = 200z
    R&D pack = 300z
    Large XP boost = 975z
    Total = 1475z = $14.75
    The giveaway is valued at $14.75 not $2

holy sweet mother mcgrew... your honestly saying that 10k (or is it 100k) xp is valued at 975 zen? total rip off.