test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What the hell Cryptic??

Comments

• darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    c. you really think they will care if you threaten, stomp your feet and hold your breath till you turn smurf?
    when someone threatens me in such a manner my first and only reaction is expletive YOU

I don't even know why the word is blanked out. I didn't swear. None the less, you're welcome to try, paid cryptic troll.
    A. fixing it would imply its broken. It is not
    B. Even if they wanted to "fix it" they couldn't. There is no way for them to convert one rep project(the commodty based one), into another(the EC based one)

Also, they told us about this some time ago, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Some of us work for a living and aren't 24/7 gamer nerds. Some of us have life outside of games. Yes, they broke it.
    garaks31 wrote: »
    it was written in the announcements/patch notes
    it was on tribble
    every podcast and stream about sto reminded us about the changes
    we got fc from previous contributions and now we will get it from the ec's

nothing to fix but the prices are a bit high considering my ferengis cell wonder

unlike you paid cryptic trolls, I actually have things that I do outside of game land. I work, I have dogs I take to the dog park to get exercise and fresh air, a girlfriend I enjoy spending time with. I set aside an hour or two a day to play STO to grind for my fleet. I don't have time to check podcasts, patch notes, etc.

I'm one of two people who actually bother to push this fleet onward. I did it mostly myself for the last year, and at great expense to me. I have a legitimate complaint that you paid cryptic trolls don't want to hear because you think cryptic is perfect in all things.
    dareau wrote: »
    You know, I feel for you OP.

But, before "bandwagon jumping" and screaming righteous indignation with you, I have but a few questions for you.

1. Please prove, conclusively, that the projects in question were 100% full as of your posting.

Everything but the fleet marks were full. Cryptic has the backup files and can easily view this. Obviously, I had no idea cryptic was going to completely wreck my fleet's advancement by trying to force me to spend another 30 million in EC's on the same projects, and I didn't take images of them. I will be from now on.
    2. Please explain, in detail, how as a fleet leader and therefore "in position" to be making this complaint, you've avoided the forum for... oh... the past week and a half where at least two topics were being discussed about this pending change - though one was called "lets talk downgrade of the cell ship".

I work for a living. I have dogs I take to dog parks. I have a girlfriend I like spending time with. I devote 1-2 hours a day to STO and that's spent grinding. I don't mind grinding. I just want it to actually get me somewhere. Also, there are no patch notes that state unequivocally that cryptic will not only remove the need for commodities, but will actually make you pay the value a 2nd time for the same project.

3. Please explain, again, in detail, how the Starbase IV upgrade, which as of your picture is 100% complete except for the EC (and therefore previously commodity) slider(s), is in such a shape if, as your posting infers, the commodities were at 100%, being that since all the other sliders were seemingly full prior to the patch and/or the taking of the picture, it should have been counting down and therefore not subject to the EC conversion issue.

Fleet marks weren't full. I finished filling those last night. It wasn't counting down because I needed another 600 or so fleet marks. I got them last night. I put them in last night even tho I was already angry about the way cryptic handled this change.

nikeix wrote: »
    To OP:

If you have that much of an investment in the game and know enough to come on here to complain, you may wish to spend some of that time coming on here to stay aware of upcoming changes. Things that happen on the test server WILL affect you eventually. These changes to fleet projects may not have jumped out of the sector space screen to smack you in the face, but they were far from secret and far from sudden

And if you are going to continue to press forward in willful ignorance, stop thinking that this is a place to come and fly your ignorance flag in the hope of receiving sympathy for it.

sorry that I'm not like you and don't have all day in mommy's basement to peruse forums to keep myself in the loop about every little thing.
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Sorry, is 30m still considered a substantial amount of space money? Just pay it and move on?

I mean, if it were 300m I might say that's a small chunk and roll my eyes or something, but all this blister over 30m ec?

it is to me. I have roughly 12 million between 9 characters because my grinding is spent getting fleet marks, dil, rep marks, and various mission equipment pieces for the heck of it. My 1-2 hours a day is already full.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    garaks31 wrote: »
    it was written in the announcements/patch notes
    it was on tribble
    every podcast and stream about sto reminded us about the changes
    we got fc from previous contributions and now we will get it from the ec's

nothing to fix but the prices are a bit high considering my ferengis cell wonder

unlike you paid cryptic trolls, I actually have things that I do outside of game land. I work, I have dogs I take to the dog park to get exercise and fresh air, a girlfriend I enjoy spending time with. I set aside an hour or two a day to play STO to grind for my fleet. I don't have time to check podcasts, patch notes, etc.

I'm one of two people who actually bother to push this fleet onward. I did it mostly myself for the last year, and at great expense to me. I have a legitimate complaint that you paid cryptic trolls don't want to hear because you think cryptic is perfect in all things.

Considering that you found the time to post a rant or two on the forum I find it quite difficult to beleive that you didn't have time to read one of the many blogs/forum posts/social media updates pertaining to the changes.

And before you spout the 'paid cryptic trolls' line again, try adding a two year old toddler to the list of 'things have to do outside of game land'. Acting as if you are the only person with a life outside of the game doesn't work.

I don't really care what you believe. Unless you happen to be one of the devs who messed this up, you're irrelevant.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Well, the OP is just going to have to suck it up. They did announce it in the patch notes from Tribble. Frankly, I think it's partially as a stepping stone to releasing holdings and doffing on consoles as it makes dealing with contributing easier.
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    @darthkuriboh anmd every1 was laughfing at me when I was posting this 2 weeks ago. . .

how it would be a better feature
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    c. you really think they will care if you threaten, stomp your feet and hold your breath till you turn smurf?
    when someone threatens me in such a manner my first and only reaction is expletive YOU

I see they let the trolls out from under the bridge again. Too bad I sold my crossbow. I love hunting trolls. B)
    Bare hands dude.
    I love strangling them slowly into kingdom come... :P
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
    @lucho80

That's fine. I don't care if they change things. I just want those two things that were already paid for (yes, the 2 commodities slots were filled) to be filled. I don't read or post much here because there's only so many hours in a day and most of them are spent working, taking care of my 7 dogs, and spending time with my girlfriend.
  • gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Oh my god they told people that this would be happening a month ahead of time, why make this thread and act suprised?
  • aetjeaetje Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Go ahead and ragequit. With that attitude, I do not mind you leaving. At all.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Dear OP.
    - There are lots and lots of people who play STO besides you. This means there will ALWAYS be someone else to blame for your own shortcomings. Besides yourself I mean. Can't have that.
    Accepting accountability and responsibility for your own failings is sooo 20th Century.
    - That 30 million in imaginary money ought to be a walk in the park for a big time money talker like yourself.
    - You're right, though. These forums and this game are rigged against you. The tolerance for rampant stupidity on public display is rather low around here. We dislike the color orange as well.
    - I have zero connection with Perfect World International outside of this one game. Which I can easily and publicly prove anytime you like. Time for you to hire some new fact checkers.
    - Lastly, I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. You'll have lots of free time after your defeat in the election next Tuesday to play STO.

My username is thunderfoot006 and I approved this message.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User

I don't even know why the word is blanked out. I didn't swear. None the less, you're welcome to try, paid cryptic troll.

LMFAO I wasn't defending cryptic, i merely pointed out the most common ration to the OP's rant. IF what he said happened, yes it sucks, but everyone has been complaining for over a year that there needs to be a huge EC sink and now that it is here... and it's not like any real money was lost. time, yes, but not hard cash.
    but go ahead if you want to call be the Cryptic Defender let me go buy a cape...
    in the meantime, aren't you suppose to be in school,little boy?
    Spock.jpg

vetteguy904: my apologies then. Fact is I posted a legitimate complaint/criticism and of course cryptic's stalwart defenders rushed out to attack and generally act like bought and paid for buffoons. I did, in fact, lose hard cash, since I buy fleet modules and keys and sell them on the exchange to get the ec's to fill commodities.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2016
    vetteguy904: my apologies then. Fact is I posted a legitimate complaint/criticism and of course cryptic's stalwart defenders rushed out to attack and generally act like bought and paid for buffoons. I did, in fact, lose hard cash, since I buy fleet modules and keys and sell them on the exchange to get the ec's to fill commodities.

I'm not a stalwart defender, heck I've annoyed the heck out of Borticus a couple of times complaining over and over about science related bugs. I've aslo gotten visited by Q twice in the forums, one resulting in being banned for a week, and had one account permanently banned out of Reddit, again related to Borticus. Don't get paid for submitting bugs, just some fancy blue letters on my profile here and an in-game title no one cares about.
  • kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    OP,

We knew this was coming. That you didn't make the game important enough to keep updated on is no one's fault but your own.

That's not to say you don't have more important things to do...but let's be real.

If the game wasn't a big enough deal to spend 5 minutes on the forums every few days, then it's not important enough for you to be on here now spending 10x as long raging about something that already happened.

If it was now that important, you would actually address it through their customer service and not in a lame rage thread in Gen where no one can do anything about it anyway.

Oh, and seriously....grow up. This isn't how an adult acts.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    We dislike the color orange as well.
    I thought Kuribohs were purple?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    kuriboh are brown​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    Y'know what pisses me off the most about this update? The tailor glitch is gone, and one of my Romulan BOFFs, well, let's just say she has a Nice Set, and was something of an exhibitionist... :D
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    kjfett wrote: »
    OP,

We knew this was coming. That you didn't make the game important enough to keep updated on is no one's fault but your own.

That's not to say you don't have more important things to do...but let's be real.

If the game wasn't a big enough deal to spend 5 minutes on the forums every few days, then it's not important enough for you to be on here now spending 10x as long raging about something that already happened.

If it was now that important, you would actually address it through their customer service and not in a lame rage thread in Gen where no one can do anything about it anyway.

Oh, and seriously....grow up. This isn't how an adult acts.

I wish it only took 5 minutes on the forums a day to keep informed! Hell, I've already spent 10 minutes reading just page 2 of this thread!