test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't play or skip episodes

risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
For some reason I can't play episodes even when I'm high enough in level.

For example, I can play the first couple of episodes in the Delta Arc, but I can't hail or skip all other episodes in that same arc.

Same for arcs like the Nimbus one: I can't open any of them. Same story for Uneasy Allies: I'm level 56 and it should be unlocked.

Some of the first arcs are a bit darker in colour in the mission journal (Wasteland through New Romulus arcs) while the Solanae, Delta and Iconian ones are bright. Which means I should be able to play most of them.

Comments

• risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    For clarification:

tumblr_ofmf2i36na1tehta3o1_1280.png

tumblr_ofmf6w0oNn1tehta3o1_1280.png

As can be seen here, although most Kobali episodes are unlocked, I cannot hail start or skip the one of the same level (A new warfare) or any other episodes in the same arc. I'm level 56 and these episodes should thus all be unlocked yet they are not and cannot be skipped either. The same is true for, for example, the Wasteland arc even though I already completed all the episodes there.
  • ravenlord#1515 ravenlord Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I can't play any either right now my lvl 10 23c toon cant start the klingon war. I can't pick up the first quest in person either.
  • solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    3 of my AoY toons, who have the Temporal Agent DoDad and have had zen unlocks added are unable to accecept any Missions from the Klingon War arc as well. Only Missions I can see and do are Replays of the AoY missions
  • ravenlord#1515 ravenlord Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Anyone hear any word on this? As a new player this has rendered the game unplayable. I even made a new character yesterday and at level 10 ran into the same problem. Can't do any episode quests from the main story line. Hail and skip are always grayed out.
    Anyone hear any word on this? As a new player this has rendered the game unplayable. I even made a new character yesterday and at level 10 ran into the same problem. Can't do any episode quests from the main story line. Hail and skip are always grayed out.

This will probably not be solved before coming Thursday, possibly later.

In the meantime if you want to level further, the best advice I can give you is to fly around in sector space to play patrol missions, or try some PvE queues. If you are lucky, you will unlock Secrets of Nimbus at level 21. While I still cannot play anything else in the Nimbus arc, that one is no longer greyed out so hopefully you'll be able to unlock at least the Nimbus exploration zone.
  • st8dst8d Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Have this issue with 'Delta Flight' with my Fed toon.

I'm level 56 and completed 'Blood of Ancients' without incident. Yet when I try to manually select the mission I get a message stating I "must be level 10" or higher. I'm not able to skip to or complete any other missions.
    It would be nice to know if this issue is known and worked on. A large part of the game is currently locked and unplayable for one specific character:

Mez Owla@fleetcaptain5#1134
  • fuchsbraufuchsbrau Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I just finished Data Recovery on my level 60 AoY toon and there isn't even the option of picking up Looming Shadows or any of the other missions on Kobali Prime.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    When missions stop giving the Hail or Skip buttons as being clickable, that means there's a previous mission somehwre back in the log that has not yet been played and is blocking progress.
    You must go through all your previous Story Arcs and either skip or play all previous missions.
    Some missions cannot be skipped and must be played before you can progress.
    risian4 wrote: »
    tumblr_ofmf2i36na1tehta3o1_1280.png
    Here, Hidden Assault will have to be played before progress can be made.

Also, judging by the 'faded' story categories, there's somethig in "Yesterday's War" that needs played/skipped that's blocking further progress.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    I have already done that. As I said before, I have even played all the Nimbus episodes already but I can't replay them.

And when the first episode in an arc (for example: the Delta Arc) is unlocked, they should all be play/skipable, regardless of the other arcs.

The problem is not with the Yesterday's War arc. I finished that one.
    And when the first episode in an arc (for example: the Delta Arc) is unlocked, they should all be play/skipable, regardless of the other arcs.
    No, there are some episodes within some arcs that are not skippable.

I'd love to help pinpoint your problem, but I'd need to see screenshots of your entire journal, every arc, every mission and its' status with Skip, Play or Replay buttons.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    No, there are some episodes within some arcs that are not skippable.

I'd love to help pinpoint your problem, but I'd need to see screenshots of your entire journal, every arc, every mission and its' status with Skip, Play or Replay buttons.

Yeah ok there are some exceptions.

Anyway, even the first episode in some arcs like Uneasy Allies are not skipable or playable. I've already tried skipping everything in earlier arcs that could be skipped and played all the ones that couldn't be skipped, including the entire Yesterday's War arc and all those mini missions that serve as introduction (where you're told to go to SB 39, DS9, the Dyson Sphere etc.)

I know these episode arcs, I've played them on literally a couple of dozen characters. If there was any clue to be found, I'm pretty sure I would have found it by now.

So thanks for offering to help, but I'm currently not in the game or able to take screenshots and for that plus reasons stated above I think this is something for the Devs to look into.
    It's not that I don't appreciate the offer, but I'm having some trouble getting into the game due to computer related issues. And taking screenshots of all arcs and all episodes in them would likely result in +30 or so pictures. That's 30 pictures that I'd have to upload and repost here.

I believe (but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that the Devs can look into specific characters that experience issues and my guess is they've already done so. That's probably a lot more efficient.
    ...but I'd need to see screenshots of your entire journal, every arc, every mission and its' status with Skip, Play or Replay buttons.
    ...taking screenshots of all arcs and all episodes in them would likely result in +30 or so pictures.
    Yep, it would be a lot and I certainly didn't think you'd do it. I never intended that you should either - perhaps I could have been more clear with a smiley or two.
    Good luck with the devs!
  • truecreamytruecreamy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Change happened and you can't just skip over those missions. Play game.

nkMr2sJ.jpg
    Pegasus Command FED/KDF
    I was suspecting this might have something to do with it, but it can't be it.

My other characters have no trouble starting Uneasy Allies when they're high enough in level, even when they have not played all the stuff on Kobali Prime.

Besides, once an arc like The Iconian War is unlocked (which it is), the first episode is always playable OR skipable. Here, neither is an option.

Anyway, I'll try playing all the Kobali stuff and see if it works... if it does, then it's really inconsistent with other arcs AND with other characters on the same account.

And it would make zero sense, I might add.
    truecreamy wrote: »
    Change happened and you can't just skip over those missions. Play game.

nkMr2sJ.jpg

Thanks, it seems Looming Shadows was the problem after all.

Gotta love how we have to find out these things the hard way. This change, if it is intended, also makes no sense, at all. :/
  • lorderavenlorderaven Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Can't start Mission: Looming Shadows either... NPC isn't prompting the next step...will prolly submit a bug in the game but figured I would pass it on to others having the problem
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The first Mission on Kobali, 'The Kobali Front', needs to be done to get to anything past that in the Delta Arc, whether on Kobali Prime or elsewhere.

The Yesterday's War Arc Episodes can be a block to proceeding onto other Arcs. It sort of intruded its way in there when it was introduced with AoY.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Generally, first Episodes of Arcs are not replayable and not skipable if you want to skip through the rest of the Arc.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    *All* of the Kobali Prime missions must be played and cannot be skipped. Why they decided to add these into the mission line is a massive puzzler as things were working before.
    Same with the New Romulus stuff - by all means, add them in, but at least 'uncouple' them from the reputation system as this is also tying more and more people in knots!
    *All* of the Kobali Prime missions must be played and cannot be skipped. Why they decided to add these into the mission line is a massive puzzler as things were working before.
    Same with the New Romulus stuff - by all means, add them in, but at least 'uncouple' them from the reputation system as this is also tying more and more people in knots!

Not all of them, I just had to play one and then I could skip the others.

What I do love is how, once again, there was no communication on this. Instead they just added them as episodes and left us to figure the rest out for ourselves. Not to mention the lack of consistency, which makes figuring things out a bit difficult - for example, since when do we need to complete one episode in a certain arc before we can move to the next one? I thought that 'skip' button was there for a reason?
    And since when do we not have access to, for example, Uneasy Allies - despite it being brighter in colour and thus having unlocked the arc - just because some other episodes in a totally different arc have not been played?

Great job. Not. I hope this gets reversed (if intended) or fixed (if broken).
    I hope it gets reversed - Kobali Prime missions just make the Delta Quadrant arc long and slow it down as most missions on KP can't be skipped, even though there's only 5 or 6. The New Romulus ones shouldn't remain coupled to the Reputation and only the storyline ones should be in the journal, the exploration missions should just be left to be found as you explore New Romulus.