What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BAN 31st Century Ships from PvP / War Zones

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    nitefiuu wrote: »
    as if u know whats going on
    I've been instakilled by temporal part gen builds plenty of times. Fly into Ker'rat at any given moment and it's virtually empty. This is not a new phenomenon though. It's been going on for a long LONG time. Hence, PVP isn't in the middle of "being killed." It's long since been dead.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Ban the things that kill me in pvp! I no like to lose!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I've been instakilled by temporal part gen builds plenty of times. Fly into Ker'rat at any given moment and it's virtually empty. This is not a new phenomenon though. It's been going on for a long LONG time. Hence, PVP isn't in the middle of "being killed." It's long since been dead.

You must be going into ker'rat at the wrong times, every time I go in there, there are a lot of people. The problem: they're all feds. Most of the KDF players left and apparently the feds that go in there now enjoy sitting there waiting for one KDF to warp in so they can gang up on him and insta kill him.

My advice is just don't enter ker'rat.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    About instead of this or that we should just go out right ban PvP from the game? Oh wait... That would probably TRIBBLE off the guy who went into a pug pvp zone and got killed by a 31st Century Ship.

Eh, the Balance of this game is out of wack. In terms of the PvP space anyway.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The only way to balance PvP is to force players to choose from an extremely limited number of ships with fixed stats and abilities and possibly an extremely limited supply of PvP approved customization options. So no consoles, traits, reputation abilities, duty officers, equipment, specializations, or bridge officers. In other words, make STO PvP into a MOBA like Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, or League of Legends.

• admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    How about this we Ban PVP.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    How about this we Ban PVP.

They did, back in season 2. The ban's still in effect. /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    I was (and still am, to a lesser degree now however) a strong advocate for the merits of PVP, but this game has killed it. There's no reason to get upset about broken powers anymore because when the next set of broken powers are about to be released they'll tame down the current ones so they can make sales. It's just a fact. I got over it shortly after Delta Rising hit and the death knell rang out. Even my 59 Ker'rat toons (where there was still some semblance of balance) have since moved on as the friends who were there moved on as well.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Yet another "Whaaa I got spanked by a ship/player/NPC that out matched me! WHAAAAA NERF IT NERF IT NERF IT I'm special and I should be able to beat everything and never get beat by anything. I'm a prissy flower that can't get disturbed WHAAAA".
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Yet another "Whaaa I got spanked by a ship/player/NPC that out matched me! WHAAAAA NERF IT NERF IT NERF IT I'm special and I should be able to beat everything and never get beat by anything. I'm a prissy flower that can't get disturbed WHAAAA".

sprinkle a little more entitlement and whine there and youll have it ;)
  • kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    PVP is broken and has been for a long time. 32st Cent ships are only the newest addition to a long list. Either accept it all for what it is and deal with it or don't play PVP. Either way, Cryptic needs to give PVP a complete redo or pull the plug on it.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • theussvoyagertheussvoyager Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I was able to tank a temporal ship. Either join a premade or learn to tank and stop complaining
    JJ Connie > TOS Connie
    Lag denied your Heal
    What happened to my Halon consoles
    Poni?
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    There are no bad starships in this game. Only bad Captains. Give the OP a ship exactly like the ones he wants banned and he'll lose in PvP just as fast.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    [Combat (Self)] "random_temporal_newfriend" deals 105161 (53306) Physical Damage(Critical) to you with Entropic Redistribution III.

and thats just one of the many complete BS atm

(it hits much more usually, btw)

(and it can be used way too often)

Awwwwwww poor muffin. Looks like he didn't have his "Temporally Shielded Datacore" equipped.

:grimace:

Ban ships from PvP ? LMAO
    omg.......hold on... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok..ok.. I'm good.

Yeah, OP, never, ever gonna happen.
    Get your Phys res up.

Is this kid for real ?

Must be new.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    [Combat (Self)] "random_temporal_newfriend" deals 105161 (53306) Physical Damage(Critical) to you with Entropic Redistribution III.

So buy the ship. PUG PVP is the one part of STO that really is Pay2Win. You didn't pay.

so, by buying and using broken exploits will just how gonna improve pvp ?

(protip: it's just kills it off)

and fyi: i can get anything and tbh, i got everything this game has to offer, but i ignore bad addons like these

i just wanna enjoy pvp becuase it has sum tense moments and all, unlike those boring pve with no challange and always the same, and a 2y old tuddler can handle

Its never going to be improved, or balanced or re-adjusted.
    Devs have went all in on selling power creep. You can expect things to get exponentially worse with each new release.

Don't say you weren't warned.

It's been like this ever since the PvE crowd cried their bloody eyes out about the Ionic Turbulance PvP fix.
    Since then, no Dev will listen to PvP feedback ever again.

It's not worth the uproar it causes to appease a couple hundred pvp'ers, when thousands of PvE'ers will cry their eyes out, and threaten the lives of Devs (on twitter) over "pvp fixes". They just won't do it anymore.

It's not worth it to them, so they made their life a lot more simple, and only provide power creep and cater to the PvE crowd.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User

odd, i have been playing kerrat almost every day with plentiful (way too many actually, 1kdf:5fed ratio) fed targets to shoot on
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

odd, i have been playing kerrat almost every day with plentiful (way too many actually, 1kdf:5fed ratio) fed targets to shoot on
    To me, that's virtually empty. I'm not sure of what the instance max is but there was a time in which you could easily have 15 or more players in an instance at all times. The chat log was flying with trash talk from multiple level capped instances. Nowadays if I fly in and there's 4 other Feds with no KDF's to shoot, that's empty in my book.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I was able to tank a temporal ship. Either join a premade or learn to tank and stop complaining

its called zombietanks, they are worthless from pvp perspective so to say. only thing they r used for is bait ing out kdf by having 2-3 in cloak waiting to gank an incoming target
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    edited October 2016

So buy the ship. PUG PVP is the one part of STO that really is Pay2Win. You didn't pay.

so, by buying and using broken exploits will just how gonna improve pvp ?

(protip: it's just kills it off)

and fyi: i can get anything and tbh, i got everything this game has to offer, but i ignore bad addons like these

i just wanna enjoy pvp becuase it has sum tense moments and all, unlike those boring pve with no challange and always the same, and a 2y old tuddler can handle

Um Broken OP/No-Counter powers have been a part of STO PvP for years (and that's why PUG PvP is dead in this game.) It's nothing new.

The simple fact is: For all their comments about how they one day want to 'get to' balancing PvP - Cryptic as a company has never created well balanced PvP systems for any of their MMOs (going all the way back to the 'City of Heroes' days); NOR have they ever really made an effort to fix/balance whatever PvP systems /powers they toss in.

You'll never see Cryptic fix/really balance PvP in this game - that ship has sailed. In their eyes, it's too much work for too little return on investment.
    Post edited by crypticarmsman on
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • theussvoyagertheussvoyager Member Posts: 87 Arc User

its called zombietanks, they are worthless from pvp perspective so to say. only thing they r used for is bait ing out kdf by having 2-3 in cloak waiting to gank an incoming target

Don't know what that has to do with anything with what OP is talking about.
    Also that ship I was able to tank with is a PvP healer
    JJ Connie > TOS Connie
    Lag denied your Heal
    What happened to my Halon consoles
    Poni?