test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Waking up the armada

knightnbluknightnblu Member Posts: 104 Arc User
Hi, everyone! I was speaking to some fleet members last night and this idea hit me and I thought that I would share it here. I belong to one of the oldest fleets in STO and many of our members were here before the game even went live. So we care about STO. That said, it has been noticed that the armadas are mostly dormant in game. So I have a proposal for Cryptic.

I would like to see the creation of a large queue for Armadas. The queue would offer top flight gear unavailable anywhere else, possible very rare starships, lock box keys, and those kinds of things in the loot table. It will take a great deal of effort to organize such teams and the juice has to be worth the squeeze.

I would also recommend that you have to be level 60 to participate and that a broad variety of skills be required to complete the scenario. You will need tactical, engineers, and science to complete the objectives. It should be geared towards teamwork and should also take leadership into account. The scenario must be difficult to complete, but not impossible. Finally, all participants must be from the same armada or what's the point?

If this idea works out, then you could expand to cross armada competitions or pitting Fed armadas against KDF armadas. Competition can build teamwork, leadership, and it can also be used to fuel profits. After all, I realize that this is a business and creating quality content is not cheap.

This is a starting point. So what does everyone else say?

Comments

• Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    Forgot this sub-forum was down here.....

I like the idea of something for armadas to do. More for a community feeling rather than a great reward but, as you said, it would be difficult to get a bunch of armada guys together and it has to be worth it. I would like to see armada mail and events implemented and some form of general message that potential non-fleet contributors could see to let them know what you really need. For instance, my fleet needs FMs and I would like a large neon blinking sign that said "dump fleet marks here!!!" but I'd settle for a message.

I agree that the difficulty should quite hard. I think failures should be common but still give out something. Although the high difficulty and the PITA it would be for smaller armadas to get people involved, it would reward larger armadas. I'm not sure what could be done to mitigate that. But, being in a small armada and fleet myself, I would rather have something to do rather than the nothing we have now.

• Options
    knightnbluknightnblu Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    "I would like to see armada mail and events implemented and some form of general message that potential non-fleet contributors could see to let them know what you really need. For instance, my fleet needs FMs and I would like a large neon blinking sign that said "dump fleet marks here!!!" but I'd settle for a message."

That is a great idea! Such a system could also allow us to build some cohesion into the armada system by keeping everyone connected. The Armada channel does that on the fly, but using a mail system would be great because it would reach everyone regardless of their schedule.

Currently, there is a lot of protection in the armada system. People have closed off marks and such in the beta and gamma fleets. Part of the answer for that is to increase the fleet marks requirements to make these projects better sinks, but that would only apply to fleets in an armada. Unfortunately, that's likely to involve a good deal of coding.

Also, armada holdings would also be a possibility. Such as an armada headquarters or something. The armada concept is too cool not to develop.