test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

Just started happening(from Europe). Seems to be Cryptic wide as Neverwinter is affected to.
Definitely not an Arc User.

Comments

• mrawesome7mrawesome7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I'm having the same problem (UK). What is it with these companies? They take your money happily enough but do they provide you with a RELIABLE service? Nooooo.
  • jcon96jcon96 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same issue here in the US (Florida) Server light is green, but authentication server is down.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    Glad its not just me, in the UK. :(
  • sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Same here. (Eastern Seaboard, US)
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
  • badkrisswolfbadkrisswolf Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Same error, can't connect, France
  • cerciecercie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Although I'm having this issue also, (USA) my overall experience is that uptime seems to be very good here. Scheduled downtime often ends early, as well. I am not really sure saying service is 'not reliable' is really valid at this point. We don't even know why they're down; it could be a provider issue that is out of ARC's control.
  • slycereslycere Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Same error here (Asia).
  • mushoommushoom Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same error here was working an hour ago when my partner signed in.Now when she has changed toon we both have "unable to authenticate" (UK).
    Any idea's how long this will take to fix or is it just another "MEH we'll get round to it when we feel the money drop bite"
  • ravenwing989ravenwing989 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here from Germany.
  • ashakageashakage Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here from US West Coast.
  • tyrionjkirktyrionjkirk Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    East Coast of Canada just tried to log in and I get the same error as well.
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    same problem started 30 minutes ago, brazil
  • kuranes420kuranes420 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    mushoom wrote: »
    Any idea's how long this will take to fix or is it just another "MEH we'll get round to it when we feel the money drop bite"

Since there's been no official statement to this error yet, no one will know. =/ We'll just have to wait.
  • biscuitcatbiscuitcat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Texas, same issue
  • dwmayodwmayo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    same prob here in Massachusetts
  • imaginoseimaginose Member Posts: 3 New User
    Western U.S. same issue
  • ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    +1
  • scooterkhanscooterkhan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    +1 australia here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "SWEET JESUS ITS TAKING LONG ENUFF"
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    Same down under, Canberra
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • jacroyd#3282 jacroyd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Manchester, UK, same issue. What surely gets peoples' backs up, is that Arc or Cryptic, or whoever the hell provides support on this game cannot be bothered to update their social media accounts, or post a bulletin on their website to inform customers of the server issue. It's fine when there's something good to report, obviously, but I had to find out there was an issue from a 3rd party website, and then through this forum for others with the same issue. Cryptic have my money; what do I have? Not a lot right now!
    You Gon'Cra?
  • wodin73wodin73 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    +1 Australia, Melbourne

"Learning isn't everything, But everything requires learning" Vice Admiral Solen - Classis Praetoria Sol
      Solen - Vulcan UFP Admiral
      Voehun - Nausicaan KDF Mercenary
      Ro'Karn - Cardassian KDF Mercenary
      Nanhoj - Boslic RR Commander
      Tayna - Human 23c Lieutenant

• wickian1akdjaljfwickian1akdjaljf Member Posts: 4 Arc User
      Same issue of: "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" - is happening here in central Pennsylvania, USA.
    • smola3005smola3005 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
      Same in Croatia, Europe :(
    • nicholasaneillonicholasaneillo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
      Same Error, cannot connect, New Jersey USA
    • mcscarypantsmcscarypants Member Posts: 70 Arc User
      Dallas, Texas is the same. All Cryptic Games are failing same. (Unable to authenticate) Other ARC games still working.
    • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
      According to this site: mmoserverstatus.com/star_trek_online it's been down for about an hour which accords with my experience. I was in the middle of playing - tried to change toons to queue doff missions etc and thought I'd logged out by mistake then couldn't get back in. Hoping it gets up soon as I've time based things I want to get on with :)
    • nasedo0nasedo0 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
      edited September 2016
      I'm having the same issue also! (China)
      I been playing STO since 2010 ( I was a beta tester) it seems cryptic is unable to handle managing and fixing bugs in STO ( most likely their other games also) when they fix one bug or add new content 10 other bugs pop up, I don't think they will change any time soon.
    • slycereslycere Member Posts: 30 Arc User
      It seems all Perfect World game servers are affected based on the posts of players in reddit. No news on their official Twitter or FB account if they are even aware of it as of this time.
    • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User
      Glad it's not just me. Hertfordshire, UK.
      arabatur wrote: »
      Just started happening(from Europe). Seems to be Cryptic wide as Neverwinter is affected to.

...and Champions.