What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R&D Pack Promotion

Comments

• tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    *quietly sips drink, reads page*

*gently sets drink onto table*

...Well then. This isn't how I expected this to happen.

Yep i expected alot more nerd rage and forum fires tbh O.o

Why?
    Most who would of been outraged have probably left the game. All Cryptic & PWE care about is a quick buck.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    tymersto wrote: »

Why?
    Most who would of been outraged have probably left the game. All Cryptic & PWE care about is a quick buck.

There's probably more rage about it on facebook trust me I saw lots of that. :wink:
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    tymersto wrote: »

Why?

There's probably more rage about it on facebook trust me I saw lots of that. :wink:
    You ain't just whistling dixie!
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I will check that out. I see some good stuff.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • posnamesystemposnamesystem Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    qbecks7 wrote: »
    Are you f*cking serious? There's no way these old, outdated and completely useless ships should have ever reached Tier 6.
    There's no need to do things like that just because some **** are demanding it, intelligent people should know that these ships are far to weak for the 25th century.

Amen. It'd be like asking for a turbo charged Yugo in a racing game. Why stop there? I want a T6 space shuttle and a T6 aircraft carrier, because those were also relics that happened to be named Enterprise.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The R&D packs gained from the promo packs do NOT stack. I hope this is just a bug?!
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    I have some old boxes that stack and one does not.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    you greedy farking bastiches...... SERIOUSLY you can't just let us buy these from the gods be damned c-store????

I begin to think the gecko has a gambling addiction and wants to force it on us. -.-

*sets up stall to sell popcorn, torches and pitchforks*
    Popcorn please. How much do I owe you?
    Completely, agreed, this is absolutely disgusting and IMO the worst thing Cryptic has EVER done to the fans.

The one ship that has been the most heavily requested in the entire history of the game, and they lock it behind a bloody limited-time gambling wall.
    At least the Kelvin stuff is here to stay with infinity lockboxes and what not, but R&D promo's are extremely far and few between, but somehow I highly doubt this R&D promo will "ever" return again.

If Cryptic had any sense of Common decency they would have made it a TOS faction exclusive T6 ship instead of this travesty which just flies in the face of the fans.

The bolded reveals the inherent cruelty in that request however. This was announced almost concurrent with the END of the Agents of Yesterday event. Anyone who missed the initial announcement and wanted a T6 Connie but DIDN'T create a Temporal Agent would be locked out of getting the T6 Connie forever.
    valoreah wrote: »
    Your living in a dream world. This does not even exist in the realm of possibility.
    F2p games thrive off whales rather than the average player. These so-called whales are a small subset of rich people that can literally afford anything, and they don't give a damn about anyone else than their own satisfaction, and they are also the only ones greedy corporations care about.

Interesting point of view. Were you to own your own business, would you cater to those customers who can afford your product(s), thereby keeping you and your business profitable or focus on people who cannot afford your product(s)?

The opposing option is to lower the bar of entry so more people could actually afford the product thereby spreading the buyer base across a larger spectrum.
    Were I to own my own business I would not try to artificially inflate prices of my products to exclude what would most likely be my largest customer base.
    In general in F2P games:
    - the majority of players don't pay at all
    - the majority of the rest pay less 5$ a month
    - such level of payments alone would make any MMO unsustainable.
    The MMOs is highly competitive nowadays. P2P is slowly dying being unable to hold its own against F2P model, mobile games, etc, etc

The result - without relying on so called "whales" transactions an F2P can't exist AT ALL at the current games' market. Period.

It's not about greed - it's about evolution of the gaming market and changes in gamers' preferences.

This is true, but that fact of the model was not accounted for in his question.
    Video games aren't your dad, its not about trust or promises or your feelings or your "relationship.'

Come on people take a deep breath and get some perspective.

You believe that consumer trust is irrelevant?
    iconians wrote: »
    Iconians: "Cryptic could not possibly troll the playerbase more after shoving the Kelvin Timeline Connie in a lockbox."

Cryptic: "Challenge accepted. Here's a T6 Nagus Marauder for players with unwavering loyalty."

Iconians: "Okay... so they can't possibly troll the playerbase more after the T6 Nagus Marauder."

Cryptic: "Challenge accepted. Here's some much-requested costumes and they cost a ridiculous amount of refined dilithium to claim as single-character items."

Iconians: "Okay, wow... so they can't possibly troll the playerbase further after--"

Cryptic: "We're just gonna stop you right there, Iconians. Here's a T6 Connie, and it's in an R&D Promo box. The D7 and T'Liss warbird too."

Iconians: "... okay, I'm just going to shut the **** up."​​

That is wise. These *&*%^%$%$#!! are clearly on a different level.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Does your toon have to be an Admiral to get the Connie in the RnD promotion pack?
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Does your toon have to be an Admiral to get the Connie in the RnD promotion pack?

No, you just will not be able to open the box yet.

• f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    captaind3 wrote: »
    The opposing option is to lower the bar of entry so more people could actually afford the product thereby spreading the buyer base across a larger spectrum.

People with enough EC can buy these off the exchange without ever having to spend a single dime of real money. That's getting the ship for zero real dollars. Is that "affordable" enough?

Actually ... There are none on the exchange. Going rate is 1 billion EC in private trade channels. ... If one is lucky.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    With it at 20% off, this may get me to buy some. I was at first very hesitant. With this, I think I can buy 5 of them. I have to look to be confirmed. IF so, then I will get some to try. IF I don't get the ship. At least I will have enough for a lobi gun. So that can help make up for it.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    For those who have opened and gotten ... How many packs have you opened before you got lucky and won the ship?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    Thinking about bringing a t1 connie into elites just for the laughs.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    qbecks7 wrote: »
    Are you f*cking serious? There's no way these old, outdated and completely useless ships should have ever reached Tier 6.
    There's no need to do things like that just because some **** are demanding it, intelligent people should know that these ships are far to weak for the 25th century.

Amen. It'd be like asking for a turbo charged Yugo in a racing game. Why stop there? I want a T6 space shuttle and a T6 aircraft carrier, because those were also relics that happened to be named Enterprise.

who CARES?

Let's see, what HAVE we got in the T6 category:

Excelsior: OLD
    Galaxy: OLD
    T'Varo: VERY OLD
    Daedalus: VERY OLD
    Bird of Prey: OLD
    D'Deridex: OLD

To me, only guys like Comic Book guy from the Simpsons would CARE of the age for ships in STO....it's supposed to be a fun game....not a debate of "this is too old, this is too weak!" nonsense. Take that broomstick out of your behinds and chill out.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    scarling wrote: »

done that before
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    genhauk wrote: »
    For those who have opened and gotten ... How many packs have you opened before you got lucky and won the ship?
    Bought a four pack... got it on the first one.
    Gonna play the lottery tomorrow
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    $32 later and all I have to show or it are 160 lobi crystals that I'll never use, and 16 R&D Packs that'll go to waste. Oh well. This is why I don't gamble. I suck at it! If anyone ends up with a T6 Connie that they're willing to part with, I'm willing to negotiate a trade.
    galatt wrote: »
    genhauk wrote: »
    Bought a four pack... got it on the first one.
    Gonna play the lottery tomorrow
    Do you want me to shank you now or later?
    newstosiggy.png
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User

Some men just want to watch the world burn! XD

• galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User

Saw someone bring a shuttle into a Borg alert once.
    Hilarity ensued.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User

done that before

Yea but now people will think it's T6. XD
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I bought 8 packs and got it on the 6th one. Don't care for old ships will most likely sell it and maybe buy multiple dreadnoughts or something. I don't keep these lockbox type ships because they aren't account wide and I have 22 characters. I prefer to buy c-store unlocks but I had 1600 promo zen lying around and decided to buy the R&D packs. To be honest I haven't played the game seriously in months except to get my summer and winter ship unlocks.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    I have a feeling the only way that CBS would agree to a T6 TOS/TMP Connie' is a one time event, with a small enough percentage chance , that would keep the distribution small.

So Paramount gets free advertising on their Connie since its in game forever just having to wait for infinity events between lock boxes to restock, while CBS gets no advertisement for their version since its a one of a kind thing.

And they are doing this right before the new show comes out and likely puts the 24th century stuff on the back burner as they will want to hype the new 23rd century set show. Wow and I thought CBS was stupid before.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    Travel through time and space with our all-new R&D Pack Promotion! T6 Connie confirmed.

Now you have a chance to win a new-old-new ship!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Hi I have a question.

If you have a Romulan toon sided with the FED (or Klingons) can you then fly the Temporal Light Cruiser [T6] (or D7 Temporal Battlecruiser [T6]). Or if you open the ship pack you only can use the T’liss Temporal Warbird [T6] ?

• sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I'm probably one of few who have no interest in these ships and I'm certainly not going to spend another dime on STO until I see week after week of massive bug fixes. I don't care about new content, don't care about promotions and events. I'm not wasting time or money on a broken game that the devs can't be bothered to show enough pride in as to offer some meager amount of quality control. Cryptic has no shame, apparently.
    1xe027q.png
  • captainknight88captainknight88 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    No T6 Connie,T6 D7, or T6 T'liss on my limited dil for Zen funds and little cash left for Zen, but would have gotten all three Starships if only Crpytic would of put them in the C-Store. :( Love TOS era Starships was born in 1967 was only reason I bought the deluxe edition of STO when they first started, now this unfair way of getting any T6 TOS Starship is a slap in the face to any and all true Star Trek FANS. Too limited a time to get it on top of that, what a kick U while u r down tactic after such a long requested wait.

After all people without TOS era ships there would have not been any new shows and ships.

Side note, will trade anything and everything I have in inventory of 4 characters to get T6 Connie!!!!!!!!