test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PODCAST] The Foundry Roundtable Episode 141: Beyond the Film Grain

drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
Welcome to the Foundry Roundtable, a weekly podcast dedicated to Foundry missions, mission building and other UGC issues starring Foundry authors Drogyn1701, Markhawkman, DuncanIdaho and Greendragoon.

Watch on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRLFq5NrjzM

Listen on Soundcloud:

Subscribe on iTunes

NEWS

New Foundry assets on Holodeck and Tribble
Bug with the animation system

DISCUSSION

Tour of the Pioneer interior
Digging through new Foundry assets
We go through each of the new missions in AoY

COMMUNITY QUESTION

What topics do you think we should tackle for future Foundry challenges?

EXTERNAL LINKS

PaxFederatica's Google Doc Mission List: http://tinyurl.com/hjwuse7
Foundry Missions Website: http://www.foundrymissions.com/

We livestream on Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable with episodes launching the following Monday.

New to the Foundry? Check out our new-author tutorial series, Foundational Foundry:

If you have a topic you'd like to see us cover, have a mission you want promoted, or would like to be a guest-host, e-mail us at FoundryRoundtable@live.com or follow us on Twitter: @FoundryRoundtab
The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Note on one of the animation bugs: I was having an issue with the sit-chair animation on one NPC in one mission (Valin on bridge in Apex.) I tried other sitting animations (assuming that one specific animation was broken, like some of those we talked about) but nothing worked (even though those worked on other maps.) So I moved the NPC forward a bit and low and behold I got it to sit down.

If authors are having trouble with sit animations specifically, try tweaking location, orientation, and other physical parameters. The bug (assuming it's still around after the last update, I worked on this before downtime) may be a bit more complicated than "it doesn't work anymore."
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It might be related to that thing I observed with jumping. if center point of the NPCs feet is in mid-air that might be an issue.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    It might be related to that thing I observed with jumping. if center point of the NPCs feet is in mid-air that might be an issue.

Possibly but this problem only started with the AOY update (by that time Apex had been published for a little while) and I fixed the issue by moving the NPC closer to the edge of its seat. Could have been "catching" on the arm rests. I'm keeping my eye open for any other instances of this happening in the Foundry.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    We also recently had a back end change of how anims work.. not sure how it's related.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    What topics do you think we should tackle for future Foundry challenges?

'Low prop challenge' No more than 50-100 props per map?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited July 2016
    a low prop challenge sounds amusing, but I'm not sure what sort of prize would be appropriate.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing