test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Big patch with much need bug fixes and a few head scratchers

Thanks for killing the bugs.
got one question though.

They introduced new hair for females...yea !!! not for Caitians or Ferasans (or Ferengi I imagine) BOOOO!
I mean wow, the hair choice for humans is just so limited....NOT.

I think the developers HATE Caitians and Ferasans, gave them the worst hair in the game.
Point - both races look better with no hair...because the offered hair styles are so bad.

"Known issue :Caitians and Ferasans are missing the Helmets and Hats category."
ya, it is an issue, need a hat to hide horrible hair.

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Fleas.

That's why it's a head-scratcher ;)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The new hair was only made because a canon character they've recently created used it ... it's pretty standard for new character hairstyles to become available in the tailor for players.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • fatherrockfatherrock Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    The new hair was only made because a canon character they've recently created used it ... it's pretty standard for new character hairstyles to become available in the tailor for players.

Great, so when can we get M'Ress?​​

EXACTLY !
    most Caitian and Ferasan players want only ONE female hair style...JUST ONE.
    easy.....one hair style.
    the developers absolutely refuse.

you would think the hair-du was x-rated or something.

• scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    ClQej9zUgAEMiw2.jpg
    I was excited, then I remembered it's probably this.
    edited July 2016

Great, so when can we get M'Ress?​​

If and when they add M'Ress to the game.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited July 2016
    trust me...ANYTHING is better than what they threw together...1 short mo-hawk (if you buy both races) scraggly
    short crew cut, 3 sets that look like they attached toilet brushes to the hair as decoration.

AND

they didn't even bother making male and female hair styles, unisex TRIBBLE.
    BOTH RACES.

unprofessional
    ugly
    lazy
    cheap
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Why did Trendy not compile those notes? Is she okay?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »

She got promoted awhile back
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

She got promoted awhile back

Okay, thx. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    We still don't have Miral's hairstyle though. Although I think that would also be pretty decent on a Caitian.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    So that explains why fewer Threads are being closed for 'Reasons'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    This is the one that got me scratching my head:

"Increased assignment cooldown on "Turn In Contraband" assignments from 4 hours to 20 hours."

Really? I mean you already removed the Foundry dil bonus mission, so you had to nerf this one too? Was it really such a problem for me to make a fair amount of dilithium on a regular basis? I spend a fair amount of my game time maintaining my toon and 6 alts various duty officer missions - too much time frankly, but I want them to get all the commendation ranks - but this quick assignment made it sort of worthwhile and made up for the dilithium that I wasn't making by doing missions and otherwise playing the game instead of standing around on ESD doing doff and admiralty assignments.

It's bad enough I have to wait so long to refine the meager amount of ore I get from the time that I play but now I've got to wait to GET the ore too. And right in time for the upgrade week too. Awesome.

I suppose their trying to get a handle on the market, but I think creating more things to buy with dil is the answer (and there's a few of those in these patch notes too) instead of making it harder to get the dilithium to begin with.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    fatherrock wrote: »
    Thanks for killing the bugs.
    got one question though.

They introduced new hair for females...yea !!! not for Caitians or Ferasans (or Ferengi I imagine) BOOOO!
    I mean wow, the hair choice for humans is just so limited....NOT.

I think the developers HATE Caitians and Ferasans, gave them the worst hair in the game.
    Point - both races look better with no hair...because the offered hair styles are so bad.

"Known issue :Caitians and Ferasans are missing the Helmets and Hats category."
    ya, it is an issue, need a hat to hide horrible hair.

It is a bit odd. We've been asking for years for a single hair style (M'Ress), not an entire pallete for Caitians (most males would be happily bald - see ST IV for canon example). The release of AoY seems the perfect time to put it into the game. I even did one myself with my pathetic art skills (see below). If I can do this, I am absolutely sure our talented art team can get one that looks exactly like M'Ress on the game's current Caitian female character model.

MResscopy_zps5f13a988.jpgMReacopy_zps445ff297.jpg

It would also be nice to get the bigger eyes and eyebrows as well. ;)

C'mon Cryptic - make it so! o:)
    I don't bother, I sell it to Klingons on the exchange.
    They need it for doff missions and they are willing to pay for it.

M'Ress hair would be great, but I would settle if they just let us use human hair style already
    in game, just tweek the scaling a bit and there you go.

It is not hard, I work with 3d models ALL THE TIME.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Wow a new ground map for temporal rep!

Cant wait to check it out. Thx Cryptic. :)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'm just happy that the Na'khul red alerts are coming back so I have a better way to get Terran and hopefully Temporal marks.

That Badlands battlezone is just horribly designed. I did one of the Generator points today, I did 2 of the 3 points solo until someone else came along. I helped him do the 3rd one and we both teamed up on the rift in the middle..

Got Tier II reward.. no marks.

That zone just totally sucks. Unfortunately, the queues for these marks are even worse.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm just happy that the Na'khul red alerts are coming back so I have a better way to get Terran and hopefully Temporal marks.

That Badlands battlezone is just horribly designed. I did one of the Generator points today, I did 2 of the 3 points solo until someone else came along. I helped him do the 3rd one and we both teamed up on the rift in the middle..

That zone just totally sucks. Unfortunately, the queues for these marks are even worse.

Yea agreed on that one. Think the map with planet killer halfway works although this 10 minutes time gate with the little cores is a massive fun killer. I did Procyon two times to check it out. I doubt I run it again anytime soon. It’s almost on both maps as if they have taken elements from Counterpoint, elements they thought peeps would enjoy, and totally thrived upon them. Sadly I know so few who liked these elements in the first place….

With Nakuhl back and a somewhat cool ground-map all would be cool in Temporal PvE land though. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    "Premieum" remember you paid for a "Premieum" playable species.

So that means they get less then everyone else because it is "logical".
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User

That zone just totally sucks...
    I have this result on 3 of my characters (the ones that use cannons and torpedoes). They can't get better than Tier 2 on the "beat back the Terran invaders" assault when the map resets. They never get more than 35 Terran marks for "kick the stations back to the mirror universe" part of the map.

Until I read your post, I thought it was just me being silly for not using B:FAW on all my characters (since my B:FAW builds get the Tier 4 rewards far more consistently). I'm curious to know if this happens to alot of players. Maybe something is not working as intended?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    redvenge wrote: »

That zone just totally sucks...
    I have this result on 3 of my characters (the ones that use cannons and torpedoes). They can't get better than Tier 2 on the "beat back the Terran invaders" assault when the map resets. They never get more than 35 Terran marks for "kick the stations back to the mirror universe" part of the map.

Until I read your post, I thought it was just me being silly for not using B:FAW on all my characters (since my B:FAW builds get the Tier 4 rewards far more consistently). I'm curious to know if this happens to alot of players. Maybe something is not working as intended?

Oh it's completely screwed up for everyone. I did a zone 3/4 by myself in a ship that's parses 50-60k with ease and still got Tier II. People think it's their low DPS doing it, it's not.. it's just the zone, it totally sucks.

Right after that point, I flew to the next point, took part in the last 30-40 seconds of a Generator capture and got Tier IV. It seems to just take a wild guess based on whatever it feels like giving you at the time. They put in a fix for it shortly after the release of the zone, but it didn't work. I have noticed that Cryptic generally will only attempt 1-2 fixes, if that doesn't work they just remove it from known issues and pretend it never happened.

It will never be fixed.

With Nakuhl back and a somewhat cool ground-map all would be cool in Temporal PvE land though. :)

God I hope so, the new queues are just awful, and the Badlands isn't a much better option. I'm wondering if Temporal Marks will be available through the Na'khul alert since they weren't before. I hope so because right now I'm just living off of mark boxes generated by my Temporal Recruit to finish the rep.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new ground zone. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.