test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to turn or maneuver in space combat

2»

Comments

• f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    I know. At least an acknowledgement that the issue is being looked into would be nice...

Truth. Right now it feels like ... "I couldn't reproduce it so don't know what to tell ya ... Doesn't exist."

Likely not the case, but its what it feels like whenever in combat.

And what really sucks? ... DOUBLE XP WEEK! :(

Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
    Considering there was another patch yesterday, I checked to make sure it's still broken ... Yeap. Broken still. :(
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • kblarghkblargh Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    And this is about to go on consoles, too.
    kblargh wrote: »
    And this is about to go on consoles, too.

That's the other thing that makes you wonder.

Is this bug because of that / from some of its code or just AoY?

Regardless, its kinda not funny that they are pushing going to X-Box and X-Box controllers are now bugged in the mainstream PC game.

I just want an update ... Even a "We know but haven't found it yet and are continuing to try and track it down" would be nice.

edited July 2016
    Update .... Some of my older toons are just fine but one of my newest toon AoY Level 60 with a Vengeance-class is having the most trouble.

Piper@P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R (U.S.S. Star Empire - Vengeance-class dreadnought)

So far, it's only been my AoY. The rest have performed to standard. I've made a few stopgap shortcut macros with the keyboard, but it's spit and glue at best.

I mean, this isn't the B'roth costume that's been left ignored for years, even after the Kor touted it's compatibility with it, which should have been a given, or the MACO/Omega variants from Team Commander that have never been fixed ever since the Elite Queues for Borg Ground have vanished, this is an actually debilitating bug, and isn't even acknowledged in the Known Issues section.
    kblargh wrote: »
    So far, it's only been my AoY. The rest have performed to standard. I've made a few stopgap shortcut macros with the keyboard, but it's spit and glue at best.

I mean, this isn't the B'roth costume that's been left ignored for years, even after the Kor touted it's compatibility with it, which should have been a given, or the MACO/Omega variants from Team Commander that have never been fixed ever since the Elite Queues for Borg Ground have vanished, this is an actually debilitating bug, and isn't even acknowledged in the Known Issues section.

You know what my fear is and I hope it's not the case ... I'm fearing that we'll be told we'll have to delete those characters are re-roll them at some point. And I've got a lot of real money invested in mine.

I've already got fleet consoles + that Vengeance-class.

• vonamicusvonamicus Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    I believe I have a work around, though I am uncertain which element of this did the trick.

(1) I manually unbound all the console buttons (Joy1 through Joy12) and then every combination of the Left Trigger button (Joy7) and the Left Bumper button (Joy2). For efficiency, I put it all the unbind commands into a text file named "Unbind.txt" and just loaded it onto my toon using the "/bind_load_file Unbind.txt" command. The Unbind.txt file code was as follows:

Joy1 "" ""
    Joy2 "" ""
    Joy3 "" ""
    Joy4 "" ""
    Joy5 "" ""
    Joy6 "" ""
    Joy7 "" ""
    Joy8 "" ""
    Joy9 "" ""
    Joy10 "" ""
    Joy11 "" ""
    Joy12 "" ""

Joy7+Joy1 "" ""
    Joy7+Joy2 "" ""
    Joy7+Joy3 "" ""
    Joy7+Joy4 "" ""
    Joy7+Joy5 "" ""
    Joy7+Joy6 "" ""
    Joy7+Joy8 "" ""
    Joy7+Joy9 "" ""
    Joy7+10 "" ""
    Joy7+11 "" ""
    Joy7+12 "" ""

Joy2+Joy1 "" ""
    Joy2+Joy3 "" ""
    Joy2+Joy4 "" ""
    Joy2+Joy5 "" ""
    Joy2+Joy6 "" ""
    Joy2+Joy7 "" ""
    Joy2+Joy8 "" ""
    Joy2+Joy9 "" ""
    Joy2+Joy10 "" ""
    Joy2+Joy11 "" ""
    Joy2+Joy12 "" "

(2) In addition to the above, I went into the Option Keybinds menu and I manually bound the commands "Fire All Mines" and "Remote Contacts" to key combos that I never use for anything. Otherwise they default to Joy2 and Joy6 and will not unbind even if you use the unbind code or command.

After that I reloaded all my custom keybinds (which I had saved to a file before the patch that messed up everything; if you don't have a backup of your old keybinds you will have to do them one by one).

I have only gone through one combat to test it out, but I appear to be back to normal.

I am not sure if all the above unbinds were necessary. However, just reloading my backup did not work, so something of the above did the trick.
    =/\=Von Amicus=/\=
    12th Fleet
    Fleet Executive Officer
    SigRA.png
  • vonamicusvonamicus Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    vonamicus wrote: »
    I believe I have a work around, though I am uncertain which element of this did the trick.

(1) I manually unbound all the console buttons (Joy1 through Joy12) and then every combination of the Left Trigger button (Joy7) and the Left Bumper button (Joy2).
    Correction Joy2 is the Back Button, so not sure whether unbinding every combination with that did anything at all. Ah well, something of all that worked. :-)

=/\=Von Amicus=/\=
    12th Fleet
    Fleet Executive Officer
    SigRA.png

(1) I manually unbound all the console buttons (Joy1 through Joy12) and then every combination of the Left Trigger button (Joy7) and the Left Bumper button (Joy2). For efficiency, I put it all the unbind commands into a text file named "Unbind.txt" and just loaded it onto my toon using the "/bind_load_file Unbind.txt" command. The Unbind.txt file code was as follows:

Seems to have worked for one of my toons. I will check the other toon tomorrow and have fingers crossed.

T H A N K Y O U !

Sir, you rule.
  • shinden1shinden1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User

Was going through this exact problem and this seems to have fixed it. Thank you so much! Still it's some kind of default keybinding bug...please fix devs!
  • shinden1shinden1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Ok, just typing /bind joy5 ""

...then reloading the custom bind file for the controller I use did the trick for my other characters. The bug didn't seem to effect my trigger.
  • stormturmoilstormturmoil Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    can confirm, worked perfectly to fix my setup. Seems to be a case of auto-defaulting unclearable Binds causing clashes with user binds
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    vonamicus, whatever gender you or your toons may be... you da man!!! :) Thank you for making STO playable on Xbox controllers again.
  • cokebearcokebear Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I had to do a bit of fiddling, as it was causing problems on the trigger on some maps, and the bumper on others, but once cleared and reloaded on both of the different map types it seems solved. Thanks vonamicus!

Also, I think someone else mentioned it, but after one of the recent patches the problem went back to only affecting my 23rd century character. I haven't tested everywhere, but it seems that something in the patch solved it for all of my characters that existed before AoY and I didn't have to do the unbinding/rebinding for them.