test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dance Animations

dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
edited July 2016 in Tribble - Bug Reports
After the dance fixes in today's patch, I decided to check out the Nerve Tonic dance, which was also broken. While it's much better than it is on Holodeck right now (seriously, go try it if you haven't, it's hilariously bad), the animation sequence is still different than it used to be, with much less variety to the animations used.

If you let the animation play for a while on Holodeck, it stops doing the bugged salute animation and goes back to the old dance, just a little choppier than it used to be. This didn't seem to be the case on Tribble, it just kept repeating one part of the dance.

-edit-

frtoaster goes into way more detail below.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13000925
Post edited by dragonsbrethren on

Comments

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Here are my observations from testing on the night of July 17, 2016. The following comments apply to both the items named "Nerve Tonic" and those named "Nerve Tonic to Go". The first can be ordered from the bartender before you give Cassidy the type of nerve tonic she wants; the second, after you fulfill Cassidy's request.

1. The nerve tonic remains in your inventory after you use it. It will disappear by itself after about a minute. Alternatively, you can force the nerve tonic to disappear by using it a second time.

2. The animation depends on the type of container which holds the nerve tonic. I'm unsure whether this is intended; I don't remember seeing a patch note about it. Each type of container has a different icon, though the icon doesn't always resemble what the bartender calls it.

"shot glass" (looks like a bottle of Slug-O-Cola):
    - Gives the character a headache.

"mug" (looks like a cup of hot chocolate):
    - On Holodeck, this does nothing. On Tribble, it makes the character fall into a drunken stupor.

"stemmed glass" (looks like a bottle of Saurian brandy):
    - On Holodeck, saluting repeatedly interrupts the dance, causing it to start over from the beginning. After the nerve tonic disappears from inventory, the character will perform the full dance. However, the transition between consecutive iterations of the dance is not smooth. On Tribble, the saluting problem is gone, but the character will perform only the first part of the dance.

"shallow bowl" (looks like a bowl of Ratamba stew):
    - Makes the character cough.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Thanks for expanding on this! TBH, I hadn't even considered testing the other Nerve Tonic to Go items, a friend just made me aware the item was broken on Holodeck and I was curious about any changes to it on Tribble.