test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Load screens cause game to stop responding

After the patch, I can get to the character in what ever zone they went to, but leaving that zone at all causes the loadscreen to stop responding. Everything is moving except the numbers, but clicking anywhere on the screen brings up the message that the game needs to be closed, so i'm not even getting a crash error. Load times have always been bad, and after the AOY stuff dropped, I was crashing but no where near this bad. This is every time now, not just after 15-20 minutes.

Is anyone else having this?

Comments

• onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    yep, happens nearly every time i hit a loading screen

i was playing missions yesterday with my TOS toon and crashed no less than 4 times during a single mission, everytime i transitioned to a load screen
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • richardcranium63richardcranium63 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    After the shard patch, I am stuck at the "Loading..." screen once again and must kill game in Task Manager. I can't get past here and thus unplayable. Dammit Cryptic!
    RichardCranium63
    Fed/Vulcan: T'jar Voltek Fleet: Section 31
    Fed/Andorian: Lissan Ek'Noor sh'Aqabaa Fleet: Section 31
    KDF/Cardi: K'Im Qah da Sian Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
    KDF/Reman: R'Chras Jonzor Fleet: Klingon Intelligence
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    are you both on AMD?
    49315753 is the report number, but I keep crashing on loading into the mission, making the game unplayable and the new event undo-able.
  • joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    what difference should it make to what processor we are using? AMD, Intel, etc. game worked fine until patch. now every time you transition to a map/loading screen, you used to get server not responding in red letters and a counting timer usually meaning game is updating files, however its not doing that anymore it just stops loading the new map area you are going into. this was an issue way back in 2012 and 2015. deleting a file in the local data, however that is no longer a fix for the same issues, even doing a force verify of game files dose not work. this issue needs to be bumped and addressed.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Yep, happening to me also, but not every time.
    And the game CTD's without generating a Ticket to submit to Cryptic.
    I've kinda-sorta found that when it happens, if I just wait and don't click on the screen, it sometimes fixes itself.
    Usually when that occurs, I can see the red timer at the top of the screen after 30 seconds or so.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    what difference should it make to what processor we are using?

During the winter event, it seemed that a lot of AMD graphics cards were having issues the most/longest. More so, if they were running in crossfire.
    49315753 is the latest crash report number... but the same one? Did they go from a new number to each crash report to a crash reporter id number? I was under the impression that each crash was given it's own id number but I don't know if this is a bug or more lazy "never getting fixed" tactics to dealing with issues.

Either way, the game is still constantly crashing on me, making the game and the joint event completely unplayable.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    After the shard patch, I am stuck at the "Loading..." screen once again and must kill game in Task Manager. I can't get past here and thus unplayable. Dammit Cryptic!

Same issue here, this game just keeps getting better and better with each and every update (sarcasm at no additional charge)
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    try this...it worked for me. I fixed this issue on my end. go to your Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\pigs location delete all "PIGS" files I also deleted my "localdata" file. log into the game and it should start downloading the patch files again, I know what a pain in the beep, but it worked for me, I hope it works for you, so far 5 days and no more game freeze at loading however I did get server not responding one time it eventually worked thru it, no problems since, good luck...
  • darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    Same here. Almost every map transition/loading screen causes it to just freeze. Have to kill it in task manager and restart. This is getting annoying.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • darthshatnerdarthshatner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue here.
  • dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm also having the same issues. And then when I go back into the game and the game loads successfully, when I try to load a map again (continuing the mission), the same thing happens.

This had only started after AOY launched.
    try this...it worked for me. I fixed this issue on my end. go to your Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live\pigs location delete all "PIGS" files I also deleted my "localdata" file. log into the game and it should start downloading the patch files again, I know what a pain in the beep, but it worked for me, I hope it works for you, so far 5 days and no more game freeze at loading however I did get server not responding one time it eventually worked thru it, no problems since, good luck...

I'll try this and see what happens
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    i'm getting lots of dcs too. It is literally mission transwarp to vlugta, beam to surface and load screen freezes at 40.91, crash out log back in and it works fine, change character, transwarp to vlugta, beam to surface and load screen freezes at 40.91. i've logged back in so many times trying to use up the preferred dilithium claims i saved. Anyway, 7 characters down and 30 to go. Could take all night at this rate.

(if switching to a character already at the mining station the crash point is 93.40% and can only be done following a fresh login)
    Post edited by wisecasper on
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
    edited July 2016
    After yesterdays shard patch, I am once again stuck at the "Loading..." screen and must kill the game in Task Manager. I can't get past here and thus unplayable. I'm not going to be able to complete the summer events. Dammit Cryptic!
    RichardCranium63
    The last patch seemed to have fixed it for me. Keep posting here if it's causing you problems though. Hopefully they get this fixed for most of the people having issues.
  • aeternavitaaeternavita Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I'm having this problem as well, ctd every time I try to zone... or whatever we call it in STO
  • wisecasperwisecasper Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    Yes, i still have the issue, it logs in fine and i can play a little but i can rarely change map/location without a freeze on loading then crash to desktop then i log back in to the character and play more at the new location and another crash on changing again.
    Rj6YZR.gif
    @Wisecasper
    Non-faction Ship Bridge Collector and Junk Hauler with alt-itis

Contact in-game to add your fleet to a casual, friendly Armada
  • saintpyro554saintpyro554 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It is not every transition for me but it is the same thing, the loading screen stops and if I click anywhere I crash to desktop and have to kill it from task manager. I also have to start the game in safe mode every time, and then turn graphics up after that, if I don't it stalls out in the AOY loading screen after the cryptic loading screen. For reference I am running I7-4710HQ with a GTX980m 16GB ram Win 10home
    Dammit Cryptic!
    Once again, after patching, the game refuses to load properly, stuck on "Loading..." screen.
    This time it's even worse than before, just seems to continuously loop, looking like it going to start then just loops.
    So can't play at all.
    Very frustrating!
    RichardCranium63
  • adshadowadshadow Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    the same TRIBBLE has been happening to me, since there back end server update. a lot of the time when i join a pve or change character the game freezes and i have to close it, or i eventually get into the pve or character after a few mins of waiting, but mostly i get disconnected from the server and dont get me started with the character logins, as far as there R&D promo goes they can stick it. maybe they should focus on fixing the game instead of pushing for more players to buy zen
    managed to get the game running again in the end i deleted the game folder, and reinstalled the game 18.5 gb download is a killer tho so if you only have a certian amount of bandwith a month it might not be a good idea, but so far the games running a lot better than it was
  • strom#9493 strom Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I've just started playing STO Since I started after about 20 - 30 mins it crashes in one way or another. ie - load screen, freezes or critical error.
    I have twin AMD Radeon R9 200 series connected via Crossfire.
    On one of the critical error notices it had 3d (sorry not a pc buff) so I've DL the latest drivers, but it's still happening. I read the post above and the crossfire was mentioned?
    can anyone advise please?
  • westyofozwestyofoz Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Yep random crashing on load screens and lag is worse my end post patch.
    Post edited by westyofoz on
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    Sadly there are so many loading screens these days it's hard to know which one you are all talking about. :P

When I click Engage I get through the first loading screen where it says "cryptic". The next screen with "agents of yesterday" shows it is reloading the content then it crashes. All of this was after the latest patch. No changes were made to my computer at any point in the last month. I verified files 6 times and tried every trick listed in all the sto forums. I am in the middle of a complete uninstall / reinstall as a last attempt before waiting for another patch to be released.

Windows 7 64bit Intel I7 990X Extreme
    Power Color 6970 Call of Duty crossfire
    DirectX 9.14.10.1162

I do have another hard drive but it has windows 10 64bit. STO doesn't work with it.
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
    adshadow wrote: »
    managed to get the game running again in the end i deleted the game folder, and reinstalled the game 18.5 gb download is a killer tho so if you only have a certain amount of bandwith a month it might not be a good idea, but so far the games running a lot better than it was

after playing the game for a couple of hours the freezing on switching maps on load screens is still happening but not as much since, i done the reinstall. one thing i have noticed if i Ctrl-shift-esc when the game seems to freeze, my net connection is sending requests to the game server and not receiving a response back, and eventually when a do get a response back the game starts to load again, something is messed up with the game server, strangely it only started having problems since the server back end update. before that the game use to run great apart from the odd bit off lag and im using a Nvidia GTX 750 Ti card. with an old quad core pc duel boot os setup i can run games like Skyrim on ultra high at full HD with no problems only STO likes to act up
  • rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Here is a fun one.. I want to join Star Fleet Academy duty officer event for my Fed Romulan. He is on New Romulus. Beam to ship and get loading screen crash. Log in and click transwarp to ESD. Loading screen crash. Log in and click beam to academy.. loading screen crash... Log in and your on ESD.
    Post edited by rossclansforce1 on
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    Looks like problem still has not been solved. I'm getting the 'Client not responding' freeze in about 33-50 % of all map transitions. Here's the weird thing... My wife and I have the exact same computers, same graphics cards, same software running, but she is not having any issues, whereas I am.
  • dentheman1dentheman1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I get SNR"s on all map transfers, starbase maps are the worst!
    I'm from the Netherlands and even when i use a VPN in the U.S. i still get the snr's!
    I even reinstalled the game and no luck!
    It seems to me there is a server/network/client issue that started with the Agents of Yesterday update!