test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ammount of duty officers...

dykerasdykeras Member Posts: 326 Arc User
At the moment I have around 250 Duty officers, and seem to have little trouble filling assignments, but as the cap is 500 (not 100% on this number). maybe I should increase my roster size? or is 250 more than enough to enjoy the game with?

Comments

• Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    250 is more than enough, it's the distribution and rarity of DOFFs that help (plus the traits like shroud, etc). I have 500 slots (the max) but I collected all the Hamlet doffs, special reward doffs, opened a lot of lock boxes and doff packs, plus I currently have 15 purple Vulcan entertainment holograms, and 25 purple Orion entertainment holograms. 500 slots is "excessive" really I could have done all of that on less slots. You are fine at 250.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    It's really a matter of personal preference.

I would say that if you are seriously into doing Doff missions then you need at least 200 slots to have a good mix of Doffs with different specializations. That will allow you to do most of the missions. On my strictly free to play account I have two KDF captains and 200 Doffs and I find that sufficient to do Forced Labor missions, Contraband / Prisoner Raid missions, and all other missions. However, the Forced Labor missions uses prisoners instead of actual duty officers.

On my primary account where I do spend money to buy Zen from time to time, I have captains with 300 - 400 Doffs. In my opinion 300 Doffs would be the sweet spot since with that many Doffs I can really begin to focus on specific types of mission that each require more than 2 Doffs. For example, the engineering Doff missions to create experimental gear uses 4 Doffs, I generally have no problems running 4 or 5 of those missions because I have a lot of Doffs. Some of the security missions also require 4 Doffs and I can run 4 or 5 of them as well.

The best thing to do is to actually take note of the types of missions you like to do, then look through your Doff roster and determine if you have excess Doff in some specializations and a lack of Doffs in other specializations. The more slots you the less you need to worry about optimizing your mix of Doffs.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    I've had 200 DOff slots for more than a year, and it's been quite adequate. You're better off upgrading your roster to VR DOffs so that they are more productive (more likely to crit missions). I also am doing some "ethnic cleansing" in my rosters for RP purposes, as I prefer to have my roster match my Captain's species. Besides, I don't like cats, Terrarites, Saurians, or Gorn on my ships; the housekeeping is just too much... >:)
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013