test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Tribble Timewarp: Agents of Yesterday series **AoY SPOILERS**

yuzralyuzral Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
edited June 2016 in Starfleet Media Corps
Ladies, gentlemen and Klingons, I am Yuzral and the Tribble Timewarp returns, taking a look at the Agents of Yesterday content. Pointing out bugs, noticing little details and indulging in general snark. Spoilers are unavoidable - it's part and parcel of testing new content - but if you don't mind then sit back and join me on the latest magic carpet ride:

Episode 1 (13/5/16): Back to the...past?

Episode 2 (17/5/16): In from the cold

Episode 3 (18/5/16): SPAAAAAAAAACE!

Episode 4 (23/5/16): Gorn prospectin'

Episode 5 (27/5/16): Painful Omens

Episode 6 (3/6/16): Tangled Webs

Episode 7 (7/6/16): Cling on, Klingon

Episode 8 (13/6/16): Core of the Matter

Episode 9 (22/6/16): Vorgon Conclusion

Episode 10 (24/6/16): Pioneer Interior

Episode 11 (29/6/16): Terminal Expanse
Blatant self-promotion: Producer of the Delta Rising Tribble Timewarp, Foundry Frolics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral
Post edited by yuzral on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Are you aware that the developers requested players with access to tribble NOT to leak?

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • outlawgraphixoutlawgraphix Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I wasn't aware of this....is it posted somewhere? I don't want to get the dev's wound up by saying the wrong thing.....
  • twilhitetwilhite Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    how do i join? or is it by invite only?
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    I posted a work around that worked for me.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1215435/equip-phaser-rifle-possible-workaround

The devs didn't want leaks? ummm then why did they put it on Tribble? You got a link for that request please?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • outlawgraphixoutlawgraphix Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Every time I go back to Tribble, I have to repatch everything. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Thank you for the insight into the Tribble build. I have to say, wow - they really have to do a lot of tidying up the map and assets here. All the animation glitches and wrong items in NPC hands, teleporting of characters and, yeah, of course that game breaking bug that stops you dead in your tracks pig-2.gif

I like where they take this but it really needs a lot of detail work t really feel authentic. A question, maybe for your next video, could you play with the settings a bit to remove the film grain (disable post processing) and show us the difference?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    on my computer at least the grain is still there even with post processing turned off and all setting set to there lowest possible
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Great video as always.
    questerius wrote: »
    Are you aware that the developers requested players with access to tribble NOT to leak?

He probably isn't, since I've actually look through the forum, the site and the blogs and can't find any such request.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • yuzralyuzral Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    Actually, I was - Borticus made the request on his twitter feed. Putting spoiler warnings on everything is as near as I'm going to go unless Cryptic start slapping NDAs on testers - people watching are aware that there are going to be spoilers in the vids and have a choice about whether or not to watch. The alternatives are (1) going to back to test reports via forum messages, which don't pack nearly as much info as the video does (1 picture = 1,000 words =>30,000 words per second :smile: ) or (2) doing the vids and making them private to myself and Cryptic, which generates less discussion in the community about the observed bugs (ie, the rifle bug we've got at the moment) and, bluntly, doesn't help me grow my tiny little channel.
    Blatant self-promotion: Producer of the Delta Rising Tribble Timewarp, Foundry Frolics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Spoiler Tags are definitely a good way to show the fact, "OMG YOU WANT SPOILERS? Watch this video at your own risk."

As well, I got through the Bug by creating 3 TOS characters and somehow it managed to work, guess it was like, "Okay you want to play further on? Sure you can." Aka the Gamebreakin' bug that utterly stops progress.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    lighte007 wrote: »
    Spoiler Tags are definitely a good way to show the fact, "OMG YOU WANT SPOILERS? Watch this video at your own risk."

As well, I got through the Bug by creating 3 TOS characters and somehow it managed to work, guess it was like, "Okay you want to play further on? Sure you can." Aka the Gamebreakin' bug that utterly stops progress.

Take a look at the Tribble forums, a user has the cause of the bug identified it seems. When you encounter the "rifle bug" you are in a old (done) instance of the map. Cycling through characters can help you get into a "fresh" one.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    lighte007 wrote: »

Take a look at the Tribble forums, a user has the cause of the bug identified it seems. When you encounter the "rifle bug" you are in a old (done) instance of the map. Cycling through characters can help you get into a "fresh" one.​​

I did, and some people did say, they had to create 3 characters to get it working. >.>
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    First post updated with episodes 2 and 3. Enjoy!
    Episode 4 is up. I've gorn and put the link in the first post, so enjoy.
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    Added "**AoY Spoilers** to the subject to ensure that nobody gets confused with the content of these videos and post!
    Updated with the latest episodes. Enjoy!