test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online Becoming Too Easy? Anyone Agree?

Comments

• warpnugget#0537 warpnugget Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    sto has been a huge let down,its all about pew pew pew while forgetting about two of the main pillars and essence of what star trek really is,exploration and diplomacy.

I've seen that complaint before. What I have yet to see is anyone make a suggestion that would actually work from a gameplay/coding perspective. Diplomacy and "gameplay" are two words that do not go together very well, and would not be terribly interesting without, forgive me, much better writing than we see in a typical featured episode.

Exploration? How, pray tell? I honestly don't see any way to do it without a massive investment of time and resources by the devs. And no, bringing back the exploration clusters is not the answer. I played around with those myself back in the day, and they were randomly-generated regular missions, only with even more generic writing. I really don't see any way to make the concept practical in gaming at all, without a massive technological breakthrough. Cardinal, STO does not have.

suggestion?

nope,because any sugestion would not be viable at the moment with the engine that the game is using.
    only way to have a TRUE star trek game is to make it a sandbox mmo instead of a themepark,but we all know that isnt going to happen,most mmo players are used to the way themepark mmos work these days,level up,reach cap and then raid thats it.

hate to throw swg in here but i still cant believe that an mmo that 13 years old got a lot of better ideas and better implemented than most of the mmos out there today.

• terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I wish that happened with Kotor. Instead we got SWTOR. You can however still play swgemu. I was hoping Everquest Next would bring back sandbox games, but it died.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    I wish that happened with Kotor. Instead we got SWTOR. You can however still play swgemu. I was hoping Everquest Next would bring back sandbox games, but it died.

agreed,swtor just felt like your garden variety mmo with a star wars theme slapped onto it for good measure and of course the ol' mighty dollar.

its a shame that the current playerbase has shifted away from liking sandbox mmos,to be honest i always felt them to be ones that really get you into the game.

• solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    sto has been a huge let down,its all about pew pew pew while forgetting about two of the main pillars and essence of what star trek really is,exploration and diplomacy.

I've seen that complaint before. What I have yet to see is anyone make a suggestion that would actually work from a gameplay/coding perspective. Diplomacy and "gameplay" are two words that do not go together very well, and would not be terribly interesting without, forgive me, much better writing than we see in a typical featured episode.

Exploration? How, pray tell? I honestly don't see any way to do it without a massive investment of time and resources by the devs. And no, bringing back the exploration clusters is not the answer. I played around with those myself back in the day, and they were randomly-generated regular missions, only with even more generic writing. I really don't see any way to make the concept practical in gaming at all, without a massive technological breakthrough. Cardinal, STO does not have.

suggestion?

nope,because any sugestion would not be viable at the moment with the engine that the game is using.
    only way to have a TRUE star trek game is to make it a sandbox mmo instead of a themepark,but we all know that isnt going to happen,most mmo players are used to the way themepark mmos work these days,level up,reach cap and then raid thats it.

hate to throw swg in here but i still cant believe that an mmo that 13 years old got a lot of better ideas and better implemented than most of the mmos out there today.

So... you're just here to complain, then? Since by your own admission you have nothing actually constructive to say. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for constructive discussion, but I really fail to see what "this game should die!" contributes to the discourse.

I'm not going to say I even disagree with you on all points. I hardly think STO is perfect myself. But just saying, "It can't be saved and should get out of the way" does no good for anyone or anything.

suggestion?

So... you're just here to complain, then? Since by your own admission you have nothing actually constructive to say. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for constructive discussion, but I really fail to see what "this game should die!" contributes to the discourse.

I'm not going to say I even disagree with you on all points. I hardly think STO is perfect myself. But just saying, "It can't be saved and should get out of the way" does no good for anyone or anything.

in my mind it does do some good.
    we can all asume no other star trek mmo is going to be coming out right?
    i mean aslong as this one is up and running this is basically the only choice we have,well here i am voicing my opinion.
    doubt it will do much,basically because of the whales that keep on pumping real life money into it,crytic has them hooked up to lockboxes and new and shinny ships so yeah cryptic is just milkin and milkin until they can.

as a star trek fan should i shut up about it?
    no...dont think so,seems it bothers you that i say something negative,well that is going to happen,not everyone is happy.
    all my friends that started playing the game with me have left and i barely login every 2 or 3 months just to do some space encounters and then im out,not going to go thru 4 new mouses playing the whack a mole doff and admiralty system and eating it up like its content because it isnt.

the game cant be saved,no ifs or buts,with its current engine there is no way they can do anything else than what they are doing at the moment and i really doubt they want to anyway,they dont want to upset the chicken? or was it goose of the golden eggs.

• snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Exploration? How, pray tell?

The problem here is people are locked in to the style of exploration the game launched with. Thinking it's all "empty space" that's uncharted and unexplored and the game generates content for that.

That's certainly an option. The game had it, it didn't click too well. And No Man's Sky is coming soon. So, why not change the paradigm?

Exploration as the THEME. But the functionality just uses parts that already exist.

1- Episodes.
    2- The Foundry.
    3- The map

So we just take the idea that the backbone of the storyline (or part of it) is exploration. Not everything is a war. Not everything is a big bad. Not everything is a nod to past shows. Not everything is a time travel scenario.

That means we create new missions/episodes to push the idea of exploring uncharted space. But we manage it. Roll it out as expansion TYPE things. And to offset the additional resources required, we CROWD SOURCE! Through the foundry! Get the players involved in the exploration.

Now I'm not saying replace the FEs and the ongoing storyline. That's all good. And is popular. And I'm not saying replace legacy nods or time travel. I'm saying use a combination of the foundry, its best and brightest, its assets, along with Cryptic in house management of the map, and the storyline, and create a subset/parallel structure that expands the game in terms of exploration.

That's a way to do it.

It will cost resources. But with the foundry available, it could be done in a way that is still cost effective and still scratch peoples' itch for exploration, without giving up any of the stuff currently in game.

That being said, Geko has mentioned they are working on something for exploration. So I'm in a wait and see what they came up with mode.

I just think that exploration can become a THEME again, without being a mechanical game function, ala No Man's Sky.

That's closer to how the shows did it anyways. It was always about telling a story of what they found when exploring. Not a technical rundown on their star charting, their map making and the rote and routine of exploring space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2016

suggestion?

in my mind it does do some good.
    we can all asume no other star trek mmo is going to be coming out right?
    i mean aslong as this one is up and running this is basically the only choice we have,well here i am voicing my opinion.
    doubt it will do much,basically because of the whales that keep on pumping real life money into it,crytic has them hooked up to lockboxes and new and shinny ships so yeah cryptic is just milkin and milkin until they can.

as a star trek fan should i shut up about it?
    no...dont think so,seems it bothers you that i say something negative,well that is going to happen,not everyone is happy.
    all my friends that started playing the game with me have left and i barely login every 2 or 3 months just to do some space encounters and then im out,not going to go thru 4 new mouses playing the whack a mole doff and admiralty system and eating it up like its content because it isnt.

the game cant be saved,no ifs or buts,with its current engine there is no way they can do anything else than what they are doing at the moment and i really doubt they want to anyway,they dont want to upset the chicken? or was it goose of the golden eggs.

I'm not saying you should shut up about it in general. I'm saying that advocating shutting down a game on said game's own forums is not constructive. Some us actually happen to like the game, even if we don't agree with everything it's doing (and as I said, I do have my own issues with it).

Just saying "to **** with all of you!" is not constructive, and honestly strikes me as kind of insulting. It is most certainly not constructive for this game.
    Exploration? How, pray tell?

The problem here is people are locked in to the style of exploration the game launched with. Thinking it's all "empty space" that's uncharted and unexplored and the game generates content for that.

That's certainly an option. The game had it, it didn't click too well. And No Man's Sky is coming soon. So, why not change the paradigm?

Exploration as the THEME. But the functionality just uses parts that already exist.

1- Episodes.
    2- The Foundry.
    3- The map

So we just take the idea that the backbone of the storyline (or part of it) is exploration. Not everything is a war. Not everything is a big bad. Not everything is a nod to past shows. Not everything is a time travel scenario.

That means we create new missions/episodes to push the idea of exploring uncharted space. But we manage it. Roll it out as expansion TYPE things. And to offset the additional resources required, we CROWD SOURCE! Through the foundry! Get the players involved in the exploration.

Now I'm not saying replace the FEs and the ongoing storyline. That's all good. And is popular. And I'm not saying replace legacy nods or time travel. I'm saying use a combination of the foundry, its best and brightest, its assets, along with Cryptic in house management of the map, and the storyline, and create a subset/parallel structure that expands the game in terms of exploration.

That's a way to do it.

It will cost resources. But with the foundry available, it could be done in a way that is still cost effective and still scratch peoples' itch for exploration, without giving up any of the stuff currently in game.

That being said, Geko has mentioned they are working on something for exploration. So I'm in a wait and see what they came up with mode.

I just think that exploration can become a THEME again, without being a mechanical game function, ala No Man's Sky.

That's closer to how the shows did it anyways. It was always about telling a story of what they found when exploring. Not a technical rundown on their star charting, their map making and the rote and routine of exploring space.

I won't say those are necessarily bad ideas in concept. Actually, it sounds like it would be kind of nice--on paper. Whether it is practical is something else entirely. You're talking about adding logistical complexity at the very least, and possibly some actual legal issues. I'm not conversant with the specific legalities involved with getting the playerbase on board with actually creating official content--as opposed to the foundry missions--but I doubt that it's as simple as saying, "Hey, help us out, we'll pay you for it!"

And if you're talking about volunteer work... Yeah. I've seen that suggestion before. The general response is, "Isn't that your job?"

Yes, it's definitely an interesting idea, and the assets probably are all there. But I wouldn't be surprised if there's more coding involved to bring it all together than you realize, and there's certainly a lot of non-programming hoops to jump through. I really doubt it would be at all a simple thing to do.
    I won't say those are necessarily bad ideas in concept. Actually, it sounds like it would be kind of nice--on paper. Whether it is practical is something else entirely. You're talking about adding logistical complexity at the very least, and possibly some actual legal issues. I'm not conversant with the specific legalities involved with getting the playerbase on board with actually creating official content--as opposed to the foundry missions--but I doubt that it's as simple as saying, "Hey, help us out, we'll pay you for it!"

And if you're talking about volunteer work... Yeah. I've seen that suggestion before. The general response is, "Isn't that your job?"

Yes, it's definitely an interesting idea, and the assets probably are all there. But I wouldn't be surprised if there's more coding involved to bring it all together than you realize, and there's certainly a lot of non-programming hoops to jump through. I really doubt it would be at all a simple thing to do.

I absolutely agree. No idea if it's practical or not. And yeah, I think it's not something that is totally easy or devoid of resources and time and effort. It was just an idea based on the concept of star trek exploration that tried to shift the thought away from what No Man's Sky is putting forth. I don't think it'd be simple, but if done right it could be just cost effective enough to be viable. Or I could be TOTALLY off my rocker and Taco may stop in at some point to post the "That's not how this works" meme.

Which I'd be cool with too.

:smile:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    jonsills wrote:
    gawainviii wrote:
    Too easy NOW, compared to when it wasn't easy?
    Ignoring talk about DPS and everything... simple point of the matter is that the game (and all games using WoW's design model) is created to be too easy for everybody. It's impossible to die. It's impossible to fail most missions. The missions in which you can fail are only the optional objectives in a handful of queues.

So it takes a few more seconds for some people to kill the same number of bad guys as another player... That's not a matter of easy, it's simply math & mechanics.

There is no skill involved. No risk. No potential that you might lose your ship, lose your character, and have to start over again. There's no way to fail.... THAT, fundamentally, made the entire game too easy, by design, from day-one.

All, IMHO, of course.
    Well, that's easy enough to solve. If you die, delete your character. Everything's gone. There, now you have the level of difficulty you're after!
    Never said that's what I wanted. I have no problems with the current design or difficulty level. My point was, simply, that it can't have become "too easy" when it was never hard to begin with.
    newstosiggy.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    gawainviii wrote: »
    jonsills wrote:
    gawainviii wrote:
    Too easy NOW, compared to when it wasn't easy?
    Ignoring talk about DPS and everything... simple point of the matter is that the game (and all games using WoW's design model) is created to be too easy for everybody. It's impossible to die. It's impossible to fail most missions. The missions in which you can fail are only the optional objectives in a handful of queues.

So it takes a few more seconds for some people to kill the same number of bad guys as another player... That's not a matter of easy, it's simply math & mechanics.

There is no skill involved. No risk. No potential that you might lose your ship, lose your character, and have to start over again. There's no way to fail.... THAT, fundamentally, made the entire game too easy, by design, from day-one.

All, IMHO, of course.
    Well, that's easy enough to solve. If you die, delete your character. Everything's gone. There, now you have the level of difficulty you're after!
    Never said that's what I wanted. I have no problems with the current design or difficulty level. My point was, simply, that it can't have become "too easy" when it was never hard to begin with.
    I'd just like to requote what can easily be seen by clicking the link in the quotebox above:

"There is no skill involved. No risk. No potential that you might lose your ship, lose your character, and have to start over again. There's no way to fail.... THAT, fundamentally, made the entire game too easy, by design, from day-one."

Like I said, you want that potential? Just delete your character every time your ship blows up.

Some of us play this game for relaxation. That doesn't mean "Nintendo-style permadeath if you make a mistake". That's an EvE thing, not a STO thing. (It's strange - I'm just beginning to realize how many of the complaints of how "too easy" STO is are things that would be best treated by playing EvE instead. Although, come to think of it, even in EvE you don't lose your character - you just eject in a pod and get picked up by a Concord patrol ship, then revived at the nearest base. You do lose your ship, though, unless you had insurance on everything.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • trekonlinefan#9073 trekonlinefan Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Please try to remember that not everyone has been playing this game as long as you have. It's definitely not the hardest game I have ever played, but it's also quite different than many others and there is a certain amount of difficulty trying to learn this game.
  • kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    I like to classify STO as a very casual game. It's a game not to take too seriously, and it serves its purpose well in that regard.

I have no issues with it being super easy.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    warpangel wrote: »
    kiralyn wrote: »
    No, it's not asking too much at all. The game has 3 difficulty settings. That should give players of all skill levels an appropriate level of challenge (and if 3 wasn't enough, they could always add more). But instead, the options are babymode, easy, and maybe-sorta-medium.

I suspect that perception ("babymode, easy,....") is only for the better players. If you're one of the people who show up parsing 3k DPS in an STF, I'd bet that you don't find Advanced to be "easy". /shrug
    And that's why they have babymode.

Let the 3k's have their Normal. Higher levels should be appropriate for more skilled players.

Except that there are people who complain that babymode is too hard. You seem to fail to grasp that there are really...and I mean REALLY terrible players in this game...and in no small numbers who finds normal content too hard. You really think the devs can with players like that to the 270k DPS folks who can solo elite content? Even with different difficulty levels, that gap is just too damn big to things effectively with.
    There comes a point at which a player is just too bad at a game to play at all.

Yes, I really think it can be done. However big the gap is, that's irrelevant. There's an unlimited range of potential challenge to add, from super babymode where enemies die as soon as you look at them funny to the stuff of legends that really needs a full team of DPS beasts to even have a chance of winning. If they wanted to add such things.

The difficulty level of this game is entirely on purpose.
  • straden0straden0 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Please try to remember that not everyone has been playing this game as long as you have. It's definitely not the hardest game I have ever played, but it's also quite different than many others and there is a certain amount of difficulty trying to learn this game.

Point taken.

I think the people who have serious issues with the game are generally the ones who have been around for a couple of years at least. I know from my experience knowing what the game was supposed to be from infancy, to launch, till now, there are plenty of gripes and thumbs up to be had.
  • cavewarkcavewark Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    unfortunatly cryptic have to apply "the stupidest player" concept when designing missions / content, the original Crystaline entity mission was easy as pie you could ramming speed explode and take it out in under 10 seconds. So they ramped it up so much it was actually impossible to kill with the healing crystal shards when they slammed into you. I think it went nearly a whole year without it being killed only by premade fleet groups because litterally if you had hanger pets they caused it to self heal, large torpodes, photonic fleet /mines you named it would cause it to self heal. So you would spend anything up to 45 minutes chipping away at its health to 10% to have some complete moron come flying impact all the shards and take its health back up to 100% in 5 seconds.

So is the game too easy no i wouldnt say so the problem is players are experienced they have top level gear they done all the grinding and dil farming etc so they have tricked out ships with skill sets they are used too. Its like any MMO eventually the hardest things in the game become easy.

In daoc dragon hardest thing in the game i saw it dropped twice then trials of atlantis was released and i farmed it non stop for 2 weeks (till i flooded the market with dragon gear) thats how all mmos work.
    kiralyn wrote: »
    No, it's not asking too much at all. The game has 3 difficulty settings. That should give players of all skill levels an appropriate level of challenge (and if 3 wasn't enough, they could always add more). But instead, the options are babymode, easy, and maybe-sorta-medium.

I suspect that perception ("babymode, easy,....") is only for the better players. If you're one of the people who show up parsing 3k DPS in an STF, I'd bet that you don't find Advanced to be "easy". /shrug
    And that's why they have babymode.

Let the 3k's have their Normal. Higher levels should be appropriate for more skilled players.

Except that there are people who complain that babymode is too hard. You seem to fail to grasp that there are really...and I mean REALLY terrible players in this game...and in no small numbers who finds normal content too hard. You really think the devs can with players like that to the 270k DPS folks who can solo elite content? Even with different difficulty levels, that gap is just too damn big to things effectively with.
    There comes a point at which a player is just too bad at a game to play at all.

Yes, I really think it can be done. However big the gap is, that's irrelevant. There's an unlimited range of potential challenge to add, from super babymode where enemies die as soon as you look at them funny to the stuff of legends that really needs a full team of DPS beasts to even have a chance of winning. If they wanted to add such things.

The difficulty level of this game is entirely on purpose.

While in theory you can have as many difficulty levels as needed, realistically there is a limit due to dev time. They can't even do three right. Saying the solution is to make even more levels is beyond silly. And with even 3...they can not realistically cover that gap...much less the two that most maps have.

I don't know. They seem to have gotten Normal right. Advanced may need some tweaks. Elite seems to be where they really dropped the ball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    It's not too easy. It's the same thing over and over. The differences are a tiny new mechanic or toggle or trigger added to fly here and kill these then scan this and fly there and kill that. It's almost always groups of 5 ships or 5 ground enemies. They almost always appear in a nice tight group in predictable places for easy cluster bombing. But none of that matters because it only takes a couple weapon cycles with lobi and lockbox enhanced bfaw pew pew akin to a super nova to pass any challenge.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    It's not too easy. It's the same thing over and over.

Actually, it's both. It's easy to slaughter the NPCs thrown at you and there's very little variation in the combat which makes gameplay tedious, which in turn gives way to boredom, which then leads people to build FAW-boats (if they aren't already running one) because hey, I already barely have to do anything, why not tie everything to a couple of keys and watch something interesting while my ship slaughters things?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I knew Druk was right.
    Macros are the problem.

No seriously though. Its not so easy when you don't use them and have to stare at your tray 95% of the time, clicking 40+ clickies. You can't even see where you are. I only get by because I've played the maps so often.

If everyone is convinced Elite is such a cake walk maybe they should disable their macros. Seriously.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    Macros aren't the issue, they're a symptom of the issue, the issue is that content is far too easy already, macros simply help to facilitate the laziness that such easy content fosters. Admittedly however, limits to what a macro can do might be a reasonable idea, although if what I hear about top end dpsers with their non-macro faw boats is true, it won't help matters at all.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I don't believe they're non macro'd.
    If anything they probably have a few things macro'd out.
    Even if its small chains of abilities. As opposed to the more conventional "longer ones"
    They're using them in one form or another.

I consider myself pretty good at tray clicking.
    And there is no way a human being can use their abilities that efficiently without some form of macros.
    With lag and rubber banding... Its impossible to keep perfect uptime without them.

Yes it is a symptom of the problem. But it also magnifies creep, because of the perfect up time on abilities.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    One of the more common ways to macro is to setup several buttons that each activate something like 4-5 skills. 1: hull heals, 2: shield heals, 3: weapon skills, 4: offensive buffs, etc...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    I'm not a top player but I stay away from macros just because I enjoy doing everything manually. It's just more fun for me that way.

I understand why some people may want to bind keys to some skills or even macro several skills to a key though. Unlike other MMOs I've played where skill usage relies on timing of activations, STO (on Beam builds at least) tend to rely more on chaining abilities to maintain uptime. That's partly why I stuck with Science and Torpedoes since that relies more on the timing of skills I am used to.
  • kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    You do know that npcs have no resistance , like players do ...
  • e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    Hive Tac Cubes used to be randomly resistant too. But they "fixed" that resistance away.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    When I read this thread I can’t help but shake my head. In case some are new or have forgotten I bring up events we had less than 2 years ago when peeps also moaned of the easiness of this game.

-> solid puplic queue participation until October the 14th. 2014
    -> Delta Rising Release with twice (advanced) and three times (elite) the difficulty of the previously available contend
    -> Mass exodus of players into DPS channels just in order to be able to conclude pve successfully (so to play basically)
    -> Queue population reduced to 5% of it once was. You either qualified for DPS or you were at the mercy of a not functional endgame condition.
    -> Players leaving the game in numbers because regaining their strength was not worth it under the available contend. The same old contend we had before which now just was 2-10 times as hard to reach and to cope with.
    -> slow repopulation of the queues after 1 year into DR by players who could handle and don’t need DPS channels anymore.
    -> CCA Mai 2016 event where for the first time more public matches seem to form again than premade ones out of DPS channels.

I really hope cryptic does not listen to threads like these at all. I do cca 9 times a day in pugs since the event started. Third place is worst I have gotten so far. Most of the runs I grab first or second. I parse every run and should inform peeps here that we have a massive gap in player’s skill. Basically every one of these so called “easy” runs are accomplished by 1-3 players doing 80-90% of the map on their own. The rest just “witnesses” and thereby gets an easy experience out of it.

If this game’s elite players ask for harder contend I can understand that but for the rest of the game population I disagree because I’m under the impression that the majority simply could not handle it.

Considering how underpopulated elite contend in STO still is I think I’m right on that one.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    I pugged an ISA recently where only one teammate did around 5k damage - the lowest one did 790 DPS (!!!). I actually got into that game, when secondary had failed already.
    And a few days ago, I had to answer the door when I had just started the Crystal Event (no shots fired yet). I parked in front of the Entity, activated guns once and then went away AFK. Now, I do have XII gear on that toon. No macros activated, no Loop activated. only guns firing, no Bridge officer abilities used...when I came back, the game had just finished and I was 1st place.

Yes, the elite Players are getting better and better and there is definietly a power creep. So I don't mind if there are some more challenging missions, but there has to be an easy Option for some (or most? - after all there were 9 Players in that Event PvE that were worse than not activating any Boff abilities) Players.
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982