test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    If anyone would like to see Cosplayer Krystal Jade, I'll screenshot some of her outfits and post 'em. One thing I love about STO is the freedom granted by the Tailor. You're not locked into one look like in most MMOs.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    If anyone would like to see Cosplayer Krystal Jade, I'll screenshot some of her outfits and post 'em. One thing I love about STO is the freedom granted by the Tailor. You're not locked into one look like in most MMOs.

Do it! :) we will be waiting...​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
    BEHOLD! Rattler the Cosplayer!
    Trill%20Cosplay.png

This is probably as close to real cosplay as I will ever get.
    Never get to go to any conventions due to lack of funds. >.<
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Trill%20Cosplay.png

This is probably as close to real cosplay as I will ever get.
    Never get to go to any conventions due to lack of funds. >.<

Very nice. I might have to invest in the 21st cen formal attire, because of an Iotian character that I have in the works. Still, the more customization we can get, the better that we will be off.
    Post edited by bltrrn on
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
    edited March 2016
    I recently made 3 more outfits.

Lucy: Fairy Tail (not perfect but didn't have a sleeveless shirt that wasn't cropped)
    D5C062EA33F86D3AA309AE63DDCC9C2DDF1F9E01

Erza Scarlet: Fairy Tail
    EECC069C2CEF18371D092342D406B2EE5B43949F

Saber: Fate/Zero
    25A58DA767BC865090E7433DA98CC16E1F684916
    Very nice!!!! i like them!!​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
    Thanks. ^^

One of the fun things about STO is seeing what you can do with what you got.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    -image redacted-
    Well played, ma'am; well played. Now, since you've invoked RA3!Tanya, I would observe that the Terran Empire's take on the Jupiter uniforms could be used for a close appxoimation of Natasha. Sadly, beret not included (at this point, I think it should be an available option). Also unfortunately missing is everything needed for a proper take on Yuriko.
    I did try a Natasha. Didn't quite look right IMO. Even tried a Mirror Sierra. And Yuriko would be pretty hard. Might be doable with a Talaxian skirt and Vaadwaur top...
  • bigsarg#1025 bigsarg Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    So I was wondering if it would be possible to get more Klingon and Romulan uniforms ? It seems that all the really good uniforms are Federation.
    chahur wrote: »
    So I was wondering if it would be possible to get more Klingon and Romulan uniforms ? It seems that all the really good uniforms are Federation.

Dahar Master, and Tal'Shiar, seem to be the most requested. Romulan Nemesis, and revamped Klingon TOS/TWoK, are second. However, I know there to be other requests, esp. for Klingon uniforms.
    R E M A I N

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Guess it was already mentioned by someone, but anyway.. I really miss a fitting skirt for the Odyssey uniforms.
    Ah.. and it also would be nice if we could get access to the "alternate" 7 of 9 costume/texture (the one she wears in the Delta Quadrant missions).
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
    edited May 2016
    Guess it was already mentioned by someone, but anyway.. I really miss a fitting skirt for the Odyssey uniforms.
    Ah.. and it also would be nice if we could get access to the "alternate" 7 of 9 costume/texture (the one she wears in the Delta Quadrant missions).

I think the closest we can get right now to an Odyssey skirt is the Academy skirt.
    Now it would be nice if there was an open jacket variant of the Odyssey like we saw on Hot Phaser Vulcan.
    1353959785786.jpg

I mean it is possible to have a good looking one too as seen with the Mirror Odyssey top.
    CNgBv2nVEAEt9Or.png
    edited May 2016
    I think the closest we can get right now to an Odyssey skirt is the Academy skirt.

Yup.. I use the Academy skirt for the Officer Dress Uniform, but I'm not satisfied with the color/cloth surface match.
    uL6bHW4.jpg

The Commanding Officer Service Uniform goes well with the TOS Mini Split (at least if it's about color/cloth surface match)
    K3O76gZ.jpg
    but it doesn't work that well for the Dress Uniform (color match is even worse) and there's the "Split" ;)
    Now it would be nice if there was an open jacket variant of the Odyssey like we saw on Hot Phaser Vulcan.
    I mean it is possible to have a good looking one too as seen with the Mirror Odyssey top.

Oh yes.. I'd fully support that, too :) - hmmm.. and now I also want those Boots (Hot Phaser Vulcan) - the Academy ones come close, but are a bit lower I think?

Btw.. I <3 your outfits, rattler - any chance to see them in more screenshots? *^^*

And could you reveal how you did the the Terran Ghost, Ghostbusters and Black Widow outfit?
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    q4F10XV.jpg
    Btw.. I <3 your outfits, rattler - any chance to see them in more screenshots? *^^*

And could you reveal how you did the the Terran Ghost, Ghostbusters and Black Widow outfit?

@kurumimorishita Thanks. I have way too much fun with the Tailor.
    • For the Ghost, I used the Terran ground set unlock and Kit parts.
    • For the Ghostbuster I used the Enterprise uniform and some kit pieces. Also a couple of the Odyssey Tactical pouches and a Vaadwaur belt.
    • Black Widow is actually pretty easy. Open Jacket Sierra 1 and a kit belt and a couple kit wrist pieces.

I just recently made a couple based on the mental models of Haruna and Takao from Arpeggio of Blue Steel. Might start a whole Cosplay thread at some point for people to show off their creativity in the Tailor.
    @rattler2.. wow.. many thanks for tips :) I also have much fun with the tailor but with the exception of a Lara cosplay I haven't done anything else in that "category" so far and am eager to try out more stuff.. and like your idea of an own cosplay thread very much.
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • ventureforthventureforth Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    This thread is still going. Awesome! ^_^
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta - That doesn't mean you have to believe me.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User

And now we have a boatload of TOS Costumes to fiddle with.
    B)

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    daveyny wrote: »
    And now we have a boatload of TOS Costumes to fiddle with.
    B)

Oh, I'll have to fiddle about with it. *presses tailor activation button: "boooop"*
    R E M A I N

• nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I would still like to see more hairstyles added to tailor. There are plenty of styles already available to NPC's that they could unlock.
  • galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    nefarius2 wrote: »
    I would still like to see more hairstyles added to tailor. There are plenty of styles already available to NPC's that they could unlock.

Agreed. There's only a few long haired styles to choose from, with not a lot of variation, particularly with the female character models. I'd like to see more tousled or unkempt hair...the closest we have is the 'Khan' style for both genders; I like it and I use it often, but it's only a mid-length style. I'm also a fan of Romulan hairstyles with heavy bangs, such as the Gothic Long and Short Straight. It would be nice to get these for other races, especially humans.
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Well, with summer not that far off, I find it amusing that ThinkGeek has made these available, along with some others. Cross-pollination seems, to me, a no-brainer.
    edited June 2016
    Ok guys i have a question.. is there any possible way to have black swimmwear?? i mean shorts and open shirt..
    I bought the Vintage and Palms shorts, and i cannot change them to black 'cos they only allow me to change the base colors from them...
    if i buy the Red and Palms ones the black color is there... so will it allow me to make them plain black?

Yet.. another question.. the Male preview for the Shorts show long and short ones.. but i cannot choose the short ones anywhere... any ideas??​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Can we get those amazing boots from the retro swimwear made available in the Uniform, Off Duty, and Club Wear categories?
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Can we get those amazing boots from the retro swimwear made available in the Uniform, Off Duty, and Club Wear categories?

Ditto the gloves. Hell, the whole shebang.
    I need a beer.

edited June 2016
    Yeah, the gloves and collar, too. I think the rest is a bit much for those categories, but apparently the top is already in Off Duty.
    Oh, another one I could've sworn we had already: Can the Bare Legs and Loincloth category be unlocked in Off Duty for Orions?
    edited June 2016
  • galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User

Ditto the gloves. Hell, the whole shebang.

Exactly. They did real homage and fine work reproducing that iconic TOS costume. But it was never 'swimwear'. The retro pieces should be opened up for any costume or uniform type.

• skonnskonn Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I've noticed that the option to use makeup - eyeshadow on Vulcan males has been removed on Tribble, as well. Is this an unintended side effect of removing it from live?

Regardless of peoples' opinions on men using makeup, the makeup option is canon for Romulans and Vulcans in TOS:

spock1-620x469.jpeg

6a00d8341d6d8d53ef01676848cba0970b-600wi

I've requested the change for years, and was very happy to see it included when AoY first popped up on Tribble. There's nothing about it that's game breaking, glitched or questionable, so why remove it? Please put it back before AoY goes to the live server :) Thank you