What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    “The Zipporah”

U.S.S. Philadelphia, shuttlebay

The Philadelphia computer replied to Captain Jade's inquiry, “The commander is on the bridge.”

The computer was, of course, referring to the ship's current commanding officer, the ECH.

The Infamous, T.I.S. Zipporah

We are free to serve. We serve freely.
    We live to die. We die alive.
    We are The Infamous.

The Infamous was slouched in his command chair, which was more of an extremely roughed up but luxuriously comfortable black leather recliner than anything. He propped his left leg over the armrest and glanced back at one of the two female bodyguards standing directly behind him, their hands behind their backs, and their feet shoulder-width apart.

He said, “Zyree, bring me some Tulaberry wine.”

The red-faced female Dosi warrior turned her nose up and marched over to a barrel at the back of the Klingon-looking bridge. She brought back a cup of blue wine and handed it to him. He silently took it without removing his eyes from the main view screen at the fore of the room. On the viewer was the Philadelphia, docked at Earth Spacedock as her repairs began. The Infamous placed his cup in a cupholder on the right armrest and burped.

A Bajoran woman in gray entered the bridge with two female Vortas. One of them was Eris and the other one was a clone of Kilana. The original Kilana was already standing to the immediate right of The Infamous, in all her seductive beauty and glory.

“How's our mate?” asked the Irishman, keeping his cold green eyes on the ship.

Eris answered, “Still unresponsive. I do not believe our kind has enough power to get anything useful out of him. But Neela's restraints should keep even him at bay.”

The Infamous nodded. “Hail Drake. Let him know we have what he wants if he has what I want.”

The Bajoran Neela nodded as she took her seat at an engineering console. “Yes, Sir.”

U.S.S. Firestorm, brig

Lieutenant Lang, Ensigns Kidna, Eras, and Dolth, and Crewmans Fernandez, James, and Danielle Benson were transported into three separate brigs, and their weapons and combadges removed from them.

Lang turned to Dolth. “Don't worry. I'm sure Eli has a plan.”

Standing beside Ensign Eras, Kidna replied from the opposite side of the room, behind a separate force field, “I am more worried about these poor souls than our own.”

Eras smiles lightly. “So you do believe in souls.”

“It is a figure of speech. I have picked up many habits from you...Alpha quadrant residents.”

“Are we just going to wait for someone to come interrogate us?” Crewman Tina James asked with fear.

Lang nodded. “Apparently.”
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    After taking a moment to reorient herself with this particular class of ship, Krystal makes her way to the Bridge.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    The doors of the brig open, and a pair of MACOs, along with a lieutenant commander ranked Cardassian officer (indeed in a Starfleet uniform) walk in, walking up the force field containing crewman Tina James.

"I heard you over the surveillance systems. I guess I'll question you first. Where is Elihu and what are his plans?"

The Cardassian, who's name is still unknown to Tina and the other prisoners, stands quite firmly. He eyes are staring at Tina, almost as though they were looking in their soul.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Captain Aeris - Cargo Bay 7

Aeris stood, looking at everyone, puzzled as to why they were looking at her puzzled. The environment around her faded in and out along with her security team. They disappeared and were replaced with medical officers in varying states of motion. When her transit ended, she found she was being scanned by an aging Human medical officer.

"You were out for quite some time, Captain," Doctor Lox said.

She stepped back, in shock. "Whoa! Aren't you that guy who experiments on kids and animals?"

"I haven't done that in weeks. What I'm saying here is, you were temporarily quantum-phased, likely missing a series of consecutive, relevant events."

Reeve walked up. "He's right. You missed a lot of stuff."

"Is it possible those undetectable devices caused me to quantum-phase?" Aeris asked.

Lox nodded. "Without examining them, I can positively say Yes to that."

"Um," Aeris paused in reaction to the not-so-great Doctor. "You know, I'm good now. Thanks."

Doctor Lox put his tricorder on his belt. "Oh, I'm not too busy. I can hang around for a bit."

"Whatever," the Captain ignored his ability to take a hint. "Commander Reeve, what's the status of the Undine vessel we saw through the cargo bay hatch?"

Reeve replied, "Parked in a drydock, offline. Its occupant is unconscious, with fading lifesigns, in the Firestorm's sickbay."

"The Zephyra's Sickbay is more equipped to handle Undine physiology. We encountered and supported one of their vessels before," Aeris recalled.

Lox's expression perked up. "Oh? Do tell?"

"Conversation is not why I made that statement, Doctor," Aeris grumbled. "By the way, I can move from this spot and not be torn apart by the space-time continuum, right?"

The Doctor shrugged, then stopped himself half way. "I mean, yeah, sure."

"Nevermind," she dismissed before turning to Reeve. "Commander, let's save that Undine."
    Post edited by hawku001x on
    edited May 2016
    The U.S.S. Sally notices the Firestorm has disappeared, and runs a scan of the system. Nothing. The Firestorm's definitely in the system, but the sensor of the Sally can't detect her through their cloaking device. The U.S.S. Sally hails ESD command.

"Earth Spacedock, I think we've lost the U.S.S. Firestorm. Did they warp out of the system already?"

Spacedock replies.

"Sally, we don't know what the Firestorm is up to. We're fairly certain they actually cloaked, and we've had the Nebula Class U.S.S. Molly scanning the area with her tachyon detection systems, but we haven't found anything. If the Firestorm is still here under cloak, their cloak is as good as the cloaking devices employed by some Scimitar Class vessels. If that's the case, we won't be able to find them."

The U.S.S. Sally's captain, Captain Sarah Walker, stands up. Her ship has been on a lot of missions with the admiral before, and she knows that if the Firestorm is cloaked, something is going on.

"Thank you spacedock." The Sally closes their channel with ESD.

"Lieutenant, hail the U.S.S. Philadelphia. Something is going on here, and I'm fairly certain it has something to do with them."

The lieutenant hails the Philadelphia.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

U.S.S. Firestorm, the brig

Great, the Vorta behind the forcefield with the Bajoran thought to herself. Tina expressed fear and now the Cardassian butcher is going to use it against her.

Kidna shouted at the Cardassian, “Hey! Leave her alone! We don't know much more than you do, alright? All we know is our acting-command officers were working for the Tal'shiar, but we don't know if they meant anyone any harm. It seems not, since whatever they did actually worked, in sending the enemy Undine back to fluidic space. So why is there an issue here? Why are we actually being detained, sir?

Lieutenant Lang said, “The crewmen had nothing to do with this. They did not know Lydia M'Konel had relieved Eli of command. Only I did. Question me.”

Crewman James continued to stare blankly at the Cardassian commander, occasionally glancing between him and her superior officers on the other side of the holding facility. Fernandez and Danielle Benson were sitting on a cot at the back of the brig, trying to look inconspicuous.

ECH, U.S.S. Philadelphia, the bridge

The Commander was sitting at the engineering console monitoring the repairs and reviewing the sensor logs of the recent events. He was greatly disturbed. Apparently this Undine attack led to a mutiny, which simply got way out of hand. Noticing a beep coming from the Ops console, he stood up and walked across the bridge to the port side where that station was located. He leaned over the console and tapped some buttons, bringing the face of Captain Sarah Walker of the U.S.S. Sally on the view screen. He turned and gave the woman a polite smile.

“Greetings, Captain,” he said, hands balled loosely at his side. “How may I help you?”

It was at that moment Captain Jade entered the bridge. The ECH was the only one present at the moment.
    Captain Sarah Walker, U.S.S. Sally, the bridge.

Captain Sarah responds.

"An... ECH? Captain Jade? What the hell is gone on?"

U.S.S. Firestorm, the brig.

The Cardassian looks over at Kidna.

"Oh, I figured that much. As an interrogator, however, I know things. I know that you probably wouldn't give me the answers we want, even if I make you suffer through a living hell."

He grins, turning to look at Tina again.

"But you'll tell me everything if I make them suffer, now won't you?"

He turns to one of the MACOs, who walks over to pass his MACO phaser rifle to him, the Cardassian practically grabbing it out of his hands, taking a hold of it and pointing it at Tina. The rifle is clearly set to kill.

"Somebody start talking, or else I might just be tempted to lower the force field and start giving in to my itchy trigger finger!"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

"That's what I'd like to know," Krystal replied, rubbing her neck again where she got pinched.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Sarah replies.

"The U.S.S. Firestorm just cloaked. No one has been able to detect them, and I think the admiral is planning something, and I also think that Elihu has something to do with it."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited May 2016
    07:00 Hours, Federation Ship Standard Time

U.S.S. Philadelphia, the bridge

The ECH noticed Captain Jade's discomfort and walked over to examine her neck. He applied light pressure to see if it hurt. "You look like you've been the victim of a Vulcan nerve pinch, Captain." He then turned to the view screen. "Captain Walker. Everything is under control here. Lydia M'Konel received a field promotion to Sub-Commander and inadvertently put me in command of the ship. I would be more than happy to relinquish command to any available experienced officer until a replacement senior bridge officer is assigned as captain or acting-captain of the Philadelphia."

Sub-Commander Lydia M'Konel, U.S.S. Philadelphia, main engineering

The Romulan Sub-Commander plied her console directly in front of the warp core. The Tellarite Crewman Garn Pekh moved from his station at the right of the core toward M'Konel; he showed her his tricorder.

“The damage is extensive, Sub-Commander,” said Crewman Pekh. “We won't have warp power for four days.”

Lydia M'Konel snarled at him and batted his hand away angrily. “We need warp power within three days, Pekh. Get Kestral to help.”

“As you wish,” Pekh said with a slight nod, before turning aside and tapping his combadge. “Transporter room.”

“Ensign Kestral here,” Nel Kestral answered over the comm system.

Pekh said, “The Sub-Commander wants you to help me restore warp power. Report to main engineering.”

Ensign Kestral answered, “I'll be there in a minute Pekh. I'm about to transport our new crew aboard.”

“Understood. Pekh out.”
    Captain Walker looks a little concerned.

"ECH, I honestly get the feeling that whatever the admiral must be planning probably involves the Philadelphia, and that anything could end up happening. If Elihu tried to take control of the ship, I suspect he'll probably be back for it again later, and the admiral definitely knows that. He seems pretty determined to capture Elihu, so knowing him, he'd probably--"

Suddenly, Sarah is interrupted by the sounds of a transporter, beaming someone directly to the bridge. It's Captain Jim Sean Dennison, Admiral Nat's first officer. He turns to the ECH.

"I've been sent by Admiral Nat, under orders to take command of the U.S.S. Philadelphia, effective immediately."

He turns to Sarah on the viewscreen.

"Captain, I do believe we have the situation well under control now. I'm sure Admiral Quinn will have another mission for you soon enough."

Sarah replies. "Jim, you and I both know the admiral is planning something. What is it?"

Jim answers "classified."

"Of course it's classified. It's always classified. Hmm..." Sarah thinks for a moment, evidently concerned about whatever the admiral is planning on doing at one point or another. "I guess there's nothing more we can do here. Over and out." The channel was closed, somewhat quickly, as Captain Jim turned to the ECH again.

"I'm sure you can make yourself more useful. You mind helping with the repairs to the Philadelphia?" The captain turns to Krystal, a stern look in his eye, "and what are you still doing here? Don't you have a ship of your own to oversee the repairs of?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Gulping, Tina glanced between Kidna and Lang. Both of them shook their heads, giving her a threatening glower. Tina James stepped toward the force field.

“Fine, I'll talk. But only to your commanding officer,” the crewman said. “The information I have is 'eyes only.' Spy stuff.”

Lang shouted, “Tina, no! What are you doing? He's not going to kill anyone! They're Starfleet officers!”

Kidna thought to herself, The Cardassian madman might just make good on his threat, but I'm the one with the knowledge. Hopefully this ship doesn't have any telepaths or empaths on board. She went and sat down on the cot, indignantly crossing her arms over her chest.

Crewman James answered Lieutenant Lang, “I'm sorry, Sir. But I can't let him hurt you, or anyone.” She averted her eyes, blushing slightly, as if she had a crush on Hektor Lang.

Lang sighed with exasperation and threw his hands up, surrendering the debate. “Crazy,” he muttered under his breath.

Lee Fernandez grabbed Tina and threw her up against the bulkhead. She screamed and tried to fight back, but was not strong enough. Lee put his forearm against her throat and pressed.

He snarled, “You will not betray us! Don't you think we've had enough of that, God damn it!?”

Danielle leaped off the cot and tried to remove the man from her weaker female friend, but to no avail. She screamed, “Lee! Stop! Please!”

Tina James began to turn purple as she coughed, appearing to lose consciousness at any moment.

The Cardassian looked at Tina, and turned to one of the MACOs standing beside him.

"My my, I really do think we've found something. Something very interesting."

The Cardassian looks at Lee, smiling.

"Don't worry, your futile attempts to prevent us from interrogating you all are pointless. We've got telepaths! MACOs, call down T'Kek from the medical bay! The Undine can wait! Get 8 of 14 down here too, so the prisoners don't die on us while we're getting the information we need! Oh, and since Tina here is so willing to talk to my commanding officer, let the admiral know that he'll want to come down for this!"

U.S.S. Firestorm, sickbay

The Reman MACO, T'Kek, looked up suddenly. He glanced at the Undine, hearing the chirp of his combadge.

"T'Kek and 8 of 14, lieutenant commander Patar wants you down in the brig. You'll probably want to bring some medical supplies. The usual."

8 of 14 turns to T'Kek, having heard the MACO over the comms.

"Let him know that we'll both be down there shortly."

T'Kek gets up as 8 of 14 grabs his medical kit, and they head down to the brig.

U.S.S. Firestorm, the bridge

Admiral Nat sits in his command chair, hearing the chirp of his combadge.

"Admiral, Patar thinks we've got something, and asked for you to come down here to get the information personally. Something about the prisoner only being willing to talk to you because of it being "eyes only", but you know how it is."

The admiral replies "yes, I do. I'll be down there shortly." He gets up and starts heading for the brig.

A few minutes later...

The doors open, T'Kek and 8 of 14 coming inside. The Cardassian lieutenant commander, Patar, smiles at the prisoners.

"They're here! Oh, wait, the admiral will be here shortly. For now, you'll have to settle for these two."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

At the sight of the Reman, Crewman Fernandez removed himself from Crewman James, who simply fell to the floor, dazed and barely conscious. Fernandez glanced across the room to Lang, and then the Vorta. Both of their facial expressions remained angry and afraid, but Kidna caught Fernandez's gaze and gave him a barely perceptible nod.

Lieutenant Lang shouted to Patar, "See! You're not the real power here, Cardie! It's him," he nodded to the Reman, "and the admiral! But you will get nothing from us!"

"OH REALLY!? Do you wanna test that!? As an expert interrogator, I know exactly what's going on here, you idiots."

The Cardassian passes the rifle back to the MACO that gave it to him, then pulls out his phaser pistol, pointing it at Lang.

"You're trying to distract us from the one who really knows what we're looking for. It's not you. It's not Tina. Heck, it's probably not Fernandez either." He points the pistol at Kidna, turning to T'Kek. "them first. I think they must know something. They've been awfully quiet."

T'Kek walks up to the forcefield and looks at Kidna, practically staring into their soul. His stare doesn't move at all; he's trying to establish telepathic contact, and he'll probably succeed.

Suddenly, the doors open, a MACO peeking in and motioning to Patar. "Commander, he's ready. Where's your new lead?"

Patar looks at the MACO. "Oh, Tina?" He turns to one of the MACOs beside him. "Get Tina and turn her over to the MACOs outside."

The MACO complies, lowering the forcefield and removing Tina from the cell, while the other MACO keeps Fernandez at bay with his MACO phaser rifle, turning the forcefield back on. The MACO outside comes in, grabbing Tina's arm and pulling her outside, taking her to the admiral's office (which is nearby), sitting her down in a chair across from a desk, where the admiral is sitting.

The admiral looks at Tina. "Well, looks like somebody had to go to a lot of trouble to bring you here. I hope you didn't give the MACOs too much trouble. I'd hate to have to activate the... backup plan. So, ignore the fact that T'Kek is probably telepathically stealing all the information we want from your comrade's minds while Patar yells at the other prisoners, ignore the 4 MACOs that are standing behind you pointing their phaser rifles at your head, and tell me, what exactly do you know?​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

U.S.S. Firestorm, Admiral's office

Tina James barely fought when the men took her out of her cell, just enough to make them believe she didn't really want to go. When she was sitting in front of the admiral, she was a lot calmer. "Sir," she started, a little shakily. "With all due respect, I find it hard to believe that a Starfleet admiral would employ barbarians like them back there. The Reman and the Cardassian would have never passed Starfleet Academy. Granted, I did not have the privilege of attending either. I am not a career officer, but a Crewman First Class. I have served in Starfleet for almost ten years as an enlisted science officer. I guess my point is that your ship seems to consist of little more than mercenaries and maniacs. Regarding the so-called 'secret spy mission', or whatever. You know all you need to know, don't you? If not, perhaps you should contact Starfleet Intelligence. I'm not sure who the admiral over SI is, but surely with your connections, you could find out what's going on, that is if SI wished to inform you."

Then Tina laughed at the guards behind her. "I think it's a little amusing you think I need this many big strong men to keep me from escaping."

I have literally told them everything I know, the Vorta thought as T'kek probed her mind. This is pointless.

Kidna smirked at T'kek as he struggled to understand her emotions and thoughts. She did not guard her thoughts that well, or perhaps she was letting him in intentionally. She had nothing to fear. It was almost as if she believed she had the upper hand. In fact, her calmness and certainty would probably confuse the MACO officer a little, right up to the point she escaped the cell.

Not giving anyone time to react, she closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. When she opened her eyes, they were glowing violet, and her chest was glowing too. Grinning mischievously, the Vorta fired a blue ball of energy from her chest. It slammed into the force field and caused it to short out. When the force field was no longer separating them from their perceived enemies, Kidna and Javan Eras charged.

Kidna took on the Reman herself, knowing that the Bajoran former-resistance fighter didn't really stand a chance against him; but she could at least resist his mental probing, even if she was not as strong as he was. She assumed she was a little faster though, being smaller and thinner. She dodged the presumed attack that he would send her way, rolling across the floor to Lang and Dolth's cell. She lowered the force field and the two other men ran at the MACOs.

Javan Eras tackled the Cardassian into the security console in the middle of the room. He hated Cardassians.
    edited May 2016

The admiral smiles.

Oh, the MACOs? No, they're just there for show. I could take you on myself, if I really wanted to. As for my crew, T'Kek served in the Reman resistance long enough to show me he knows how to get the job done. As for Patar... he's crazy intentionally. His entire role as a "Starfleet Cardassian interrogator" is all an elaborate disguise. He's much more important than just "some interrogator". He's my link to the ever so unheard of Gul Kentar, one of the leaders of... an organization you don't need to know about. SI is starting to get leads on him, those leads are starting to lead to Patar, and thus me. Hence why I'm so determined to catch Elihu. I really don't care that much about him in particular, just his ties to SI, in hopes that capturing him would let me break into their organization and end their search for Kentar permanently.

Oh, why am I so willing to tell you all this?"

The admiral looks up at Tina, smiling.

"By now, your crew have managed to break out of the forcefields and begin their escape. Unfortunately for them, and you, the transporters have already been taken offline, transporter inhibitors are laced throughout the ship, and the shuttlebay is swarming with MACOs by now. Even if you do manage to steal a shuttle and run away, I've got one last surprise waiting for you. A few of them, actually. You'll never get away, so you're free to go."

Admiral Nat walks out, the MACOs following behind him, leaving Tina free to leave... or so she thought.

Patar, 8 of 14, T'Kek, and the MACOs put up a fight, but are somehow defeated and unconscious. This fight was definitely too easy for the prisoners; their somehow beating the Firestorm officers must have been planned beforehand.​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal crosses her arms across her chest.
    "I trust my crew Captain," she said. "Hell... some of us are more like a dysfunctional family at times."

She shakes her head before running a hand through her hair.
    "Something's going on. I don't know what, but I've just got a feeling this isn't as clear cut as it appears."
    The captain looks at Krystal. "Of course it isn't. Why do you think the admiral sent me to take command of the ship, in case Elihu comes back for it? Obviously, it's more complicated than you know, but it's classified. You know how it is."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal narrows her eyes.

"A word captain? In private?"
    "Sure."

He walks into the ready room.

"What is it?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal leans against a bulkhead.

"I might have a better shot at getting to Elihu than the Admiral," she said. "I don't know what it is about me, but every time he sees me he seems to hesitate. I understand certain things are classified, but I'm involved now. I can't help if I don't have all the information."

Crewman James blinked, surprised at what she just heard. Did the admiral just admit to ... treason? Conspiracy? That was literally the exact opposite of what Elihu M'Konel was doing! No wonder this Admiral luNATic was so hot on Elihu's trail: eventually Elihu would find out about the admiral's attempted coup and - with his connections in Section 31, Starfleet Security, and the Tal'Shiar, take the admiral down!

"I am," muttered Tina, "just a Crewman First Class." She stammered to herself, "I can't - I can't know these things! They're going to kill me!"

Earlier, Tina and Lee Fernandez were trying to fool the Firestorm crew into believing that Elihu's squad had broke, that they were turning on each other. But it didn't matter, did it? They were going to murder them all regardless of what happened!

She stood up and rushed outside, running right into Kidna and the others. "It's a trap!" she yelled. "The admiral wants us to escape so he can have an excuse to kill us! He's - He's part of some organization with the Cardies and he wants to end SI's investigation on someone called Gul Kentar!"

Lieutenant Lang said, "Well, that sucks. But that doesn't change anything."

Kidna agreed, "We have to find a way off this ship."

"There isn't one," Tina told them. "I'm sure of it."

Lang shrugged. "So let's use his arrogance against him..." He smirked.

Everyone was confused except Kidna, who sighed with exasperation. "I do not recommend attempting what you feel like attempting..."

Javan Eras said, "I'd like to go back in there and give that Cardassian more bruises."

"I think you bruised his face enough," Dolth told the Bajoran. "Besides, we're standing around in a main corridor just chatting when the crew of this ship could descend upon us at any moment."

Lang ordered everyone, "Split up, stay outta sight. Whoever gets to the internal sensors first, disable them. After that...you know what to do."

Everyone split up, taking different Jeffries tubes.

Admiral Nat arrives on the bridge, looking at Burt.

"They've separated. Send a couple of MACOs to guard the internal sensors, leave a couple in the main shuttlebay, send a couple to the secondary shuttlebay, and send the rest to main engineering. Oh, and get the operatives. It's time for a little hunt."

"Yes, sir." Burt answers, putting on his Omega Force Harvester varient helmet on (to complete the look), dispatching the various MACOs to their posts, having a medic retrieve and dispatch the MACOs in the brig, 8 of 14 returning to the medical bay and Patar joining the admiral on the bridge. Burt finally leaves, gathering several Omega Force operatives and sending one out to each of the prisoners to intercept them. He send the remainder of the operatives, whom are still quite numerous, to the bridge to guard the admiral and the acting bridge crew, personally running off to hunt for the prisoner escapees himself.

Admiral Nat turns to Patar. "They really do have a surprise waiting for them, don't they? Besides, it's not like we're working with rebels from every major faction in the galaxy, now is it?"

U.S.S. Philadelphia, the ready room

"Sorry captain, but this really is classified. Don't worry, I'll let you know if we need you for anything. Dismissed."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal narrowed her eyes and actually growled a bit before turning to leave. It was clear she didn't appreciate being left out of the loop like this.

"Captain," she said before going through the door. "If I find out I'm being used or anyting like that... we're gonna have issues."

With that, she left the ready room and made her way to the turbolift. One inside she just leaned against the side and slid down to the floor looking a little tired and frustrated. She was still trying to figure out the message she got from Elihu. This response seemed... almost like overkill. It didn't make sense to her.

Getting back to her feet, Krystal took a deep breath. She had a feeling anyone associated with the Firestorm might not help, but maybe...

"Main Engineering," she ordered. Maybe some of the Philidelphia's own crew may have some answers.
    “Guests of the Unexpected”

Sub-Commander Lydia M'Konel, U.S.S. Philadelphia, Counselor's Office

Lydia bit her lip shamefully. “Young Javan was in my pocket. I told him to monitor the crew and contact me any time an altercation broke out. I sought to take the ship, and I had hoped that the fight between H'Rekthar and Elihu would just...take my nephew out of commission.” As an afterthought, Lydia added, “But not kill him. I actually didn't expect the hunter to...” Lydia's eyes lowered and she frowned. “By Romulus, I am such an awful person...” She lowered her head into her hands as tears ran down her cheek.

Vaughn nodded minutely. “So if Elihu had won that fight, what would you have done?”

“Nothing,” Lydia said, “I was there to ensure that the Hirogen TRIBBLE did not kill my nephew, only incapacitate him. He would have done it too, had Elihu not been in a rage because of Tali's death.”

“Describe what would have happened,” Vaughn said, “if Tali had not died, or had not even been there.”

Lydia responded, “Tali wasn't supposed to be there. She had a counseling session with Javan scheduled at that time...”

“He was going to tell her about his agreement with you?”

“Probably.”

“I guess it's pointless to ask whether or not she would have told Elihu...”

Lydia laughed. “Oh, she most definitely would. She had no loyalty for Starfleet's confidentiality policy. Her loyalties were to Elihu, her family, and her deity.”

Vaughn nodded. “Very interesting. Now let's get back to the original issue here: describe for me what would have happened if Talitha Roseblade had not died.”

Lydia groaned, but replied, “H'Rekthar would've been taken down, but Elihu would've been...he might've been wounded, but he would not have died. Lrann probably would've still died, but Talitha and H'Rekthar would have lived.”

“Was the trade worth it? Lrann in exchange for Elihu or Tali?”

“Remus no!” Lydia exclaimed. “I would gladly have them all back! I didn't like H'Rekthar, but he was still part of the crew, Vaughn.”

The counselor cleared his throat and nodded, glancing down at his PADD. “And then?”

Lydia continued, “I would take command of the Philadelphia as Elihu recovered. By the time he did, I would have had the entire crew under my influence.”

“Sure,” Vaughn said, peering down at his PADD once more in earnest. He then looked up and leaned forward, placing the PADD beside him. “What if I proposed to you that you would have still lost half the crew to Elihu, no matter what you did?”

“Why do you say that?” Lydia looked down at the PADD in realization. “You've interviewed the others.”

He nodded. “I've also checked the ship's records. They love you, but the young Elihu is like a father to them. I think the key to all of this – the key to forgiving yourself – is admitting to yourself that you were never supposed to command this ship, that you made a mistake, believing you were doing the right thing for the greater good of the Romulan Republic, but a mistake nonetheless.”

Lydia's face was contorted with many emotions, including anger and sorrow. Clearing her throat, the Romulan looked away and blinked. After a moment of reflective silence, she nodded.

“I will make things right,” she said.

Vaughn shook his head. He sighed and leaned backward in his chair. “You might be able to convince Elihu to forgive you, but the only way to 'make things right' would be to –” Stunned, the Counselor's jaw dropped as he had a revelation. “No,” he whispered.

Lydia leveled the man with a remorseful and hopeful stare. “She is still alive.

Ensign Nel Kestral, U.S.S. Philadelphia, transporter room

What is this? Kestral wondered as she stared at the readouts on the transporter console.

There seemed to be a pattern stored in the buffer, but hidden in an encrypted sub-file behind a firewall. Whoever put this pattern here did not want it to be accidentally accessed. Nel did not have time to figure it out just now. The file was not in the main buffer so she could transport the new personnel aboard without erasing the pattern.

I'll ask Lydia about it later.

Nel Kestral was mildly surprised at the number of new officers she had been ordered to beam aboard; there were six present, but she had been informed there would be at least ten. After locking out the transporter console, she stepped away and smiled amiably at the newcomers. Thankfully, she had had a little time to freshen up. She did not want to meet strangers with black smudges on her hands and a filthy uniform.

“Good morning everyone,” she said, smiling at each of the officers. “I am the chief operations officer, Ensign Nel Kestral. And before you ask, no, 'Nel' is not short for anything. That's my given name.” She laughed to lighten the mood, but only one officer reacted favorably to it.

The blue-collared human man with short dark hair and a charming smile stepped down from the transporter pad, duffel bag slung over his shoulder, and extended his hand. Nel noticed the two gold pips and one black one. She gulped and took his proffered hand.

He said, “I'm Counselor Vaughn Vincent, and yes, my name is a reference to an old comedian; my parents were huge fans. I personally don't care for him.”

He chuckled, but Nel had no idea who Vince Vaughn was, so she just put on a meek, uncertain smile, as he shook her hand far too long for her liking. Before she could respond, however, a Caitian lieutenant cleared his throat and stepped forward.

Crossing his arms, the full lieutenant said, “I have read up on this ship, Ensign. It seems there is no end to the unorthodoxy, subversive activities, and unprofessional behavior. That will end now that I am in charge of security.”

“I'm sorry, sir,” said Nel, “but we already have a department head for security. Lieutenant Daniel Benson received a field promotion from our commander just half an hour ago.”

The Caitian smirked and brushed between Vincent and Kestral as he headed for the exit. “We shall see.”

“That's Lieutenant Yalo M'arnon,” cringed a Benzite man. “I am Lieutenant Barant. I will be taking over as helmsman.”

Kestral smiled sadly, leading the five remaining officers out of the transporter room. “I am pleased. We lost both our main flight coordinator and our relief helmsman, Krystal Hanson and Matt Archer. They were both good people, both my friends.” Her sad smile faded into a frown. “They all were...”

Nine Months Ago...

U.S.S. Philadelphia, the holodeck

“Aaaaaeeeeeeee!!!” screamed Nel Kestral as Matt Archer splashed her in the pool. She laughed and splashed him back. “You said you wouldn't!”

Shran-Vix smirked from the poolside, reading a book. “I told you not to trust an Archer.” She chuckled and returned to her book.

Tina James swam at the bottom of the pool and wrapped herself around Nel's legs, trying to pull her down. Nel shrieked again in protest and tried to push Tina off, but to no avail; the scientist was just a little bit stronger, despite her frail appearance.

Hektor Lang ran at the pool and shouted, “Cannon ball!” He splashed down near Matt and pinned him to the wall of the pool. “Run, Nel!”

“I can't!” Nel laughed. “Tina's got me!” She then succumbed to Tina's will and went under.

Elihu and Talitha were lying on their stomachs facing the pool, watching the chaos. Their backs were exposed to the artificial sun manufactured by the holo-emitters, but the heat felt real enough. Elihu lowered his shades and grinned at Nel and the others. Talitha looked at Elihu out the corner of her own sunglasses, not moving her head.

“I have a feeling,” said Elihu, “Lee is gonna join in.”

Talitha smirked. “I bet he helps Nel.”

“No way,” said Elihu. “He's practically best friends with Hektor.”

“More like a nephew,” she said with a light laugh. She removed her shades and put them on the towel beneath her. “Besides, everyone expects him to help Hektor, and that's why he won't. Lee's a very quiet guy, but he likes to be unpredictable at times.”

Elihu laughed and looked over at his girlfriend. “I thought I was the Empath.”

“Pffft,” Tali scoffed, “I'm so better at it than you.” She laughed.

Shaking his head, Elihu snickered and looked back to the pool. “You wish. Hey look, there's Kidna, Javan, and Kannor.”

“They must be finished taking their walk,” said Tali. “I know Kannor will help Nel. He's had a crush on her since they met.”

Elihu grinned and looked over at Tali. “And that is why he won't help her. He does not want to broadcast it to everyone.”

Talitha looked to Elihu. “Oh really? He's not as mysterious and introverted as Lee, or you.” She playfully shoved Elihu.

He smiled and shoved her back. “You got everyone figured out, don't you, Tali?”

She nodded and put her sunglasses back on. “Yep.” She then turned and grinned at Elihu. She leaned in to kiss him –

But Junior Lieutenant Krystal Hanson walked over and dropped a towel on Tali's head. “Don't be weird,” she stated flatly.

Krystal Hanson was a black-haired half-Asian woman in her mid-thirties. Most would say she was too serious and had no sense of humor, but her crew-mates on the Philadelphia were like family, and they knew better.

Elihu peered up at Krystal through his sunglasses. “Have you seen Lrann and Lareth?”

Straightening the upper strap on her one-piece bathing suit, Krystal sighed as she stared out over the pool. “Yeah, Lrann's still trying to convince the Vulcan to 'have fun'. I don't think she understands Vulcans very well.”

I'm part Vulcan,” Elihu reminded the helmsman.

Tali said, “Yeah, like one-quarter.”

“True, but I still practiced Vulcan logic and meditation when I lived with my dad.”

Krystal shook her head, walking toward the pool. “Not the same.”

Elihu's lip pulled back in skepticism.

Tali smiled at him, her brows peaked with sympathy. “Aww.” She patted Elihu's head, which Elihu did not like. “Poor Eli wants to be a Vulcan.”

Elihu said, “Nah, not really. Sometimes I don't understand why Vulcans are the way they are.”

Present Day...

Elihu M'Konel, T.I.S. Zipporah, “the straight-jacket”

At the moment, Elihu wished he was a full-blooded Vulcan.

Tears streamed down Elihu's eyes as he was restrained in a metallic booth that constricted any time he made any significant movement to escape. He could barely breathe now, and couldn't move his head at all. He was forced to stare at a dull, dark green wall for what felt like days. In fact, it had only been a couple of hours since he'd been beamed off the shuttle craft Smyrna, and he had no idea where he was now; he assumed he'd been kidnapped by The Infamous, or perhaps the Tal'Shiar. He even considered Starfleet Intelligence, but they did not have technology, or even individuals, who could prevent him from using his empathy against them. These people clearly did. Every time he tried to reach out with his mind, the mechanical and electrical device that held his head still would cause him great pain, not just physically but mentally. It took all of his energy just to keep his mind focused elsewhere, on more pleasant times, like when he and the entire crew of the Philadelphia took shore leave in the holodeck because they were too far away from any habitable planets and their warp drive had malfunctioned.

He tried to reach out again, this time to someone he knew he already had an empathic connection with. Still, Kidna did not reply. Not even Lydia heard his mental screams. And Elihu dare not reach out to “anyone within range,” lest he inadvertently connect to a foe. There was only one other person he could attempt to interact with on that level, but he would have to be careful.

When Elihu made emotional contact with Captain Jade, he had not actually expected it to work, at least not much. He had never been able to harness his Vulcan abilities enough to perform a mind-meld, even when he was being mentored by a Vulcan, like Lareth, or his half-Vulcan father.

So when he was finished projecting his emotions and thoughts into Krystal Jade's mind, he had been astonished that it had worked. Elihu surmised that he had not actually melded with the woman's mind, but had actually just used their combined emotions (plus those of her Trill symbiont) to find a common ground, in this case fear. Once that had been established, he had been successful in transforming the emotions into familiarity, trust, and compassion, feelings that were required for Elihu to not only escape but also make sure Captain Jade could receive his thoughts and emotions.

There was just one problem: Elihu had no idea if he could successfully contact her this way again, nor what the consequences of another unexpected and unwanted emotional bond might be. The more he did it, the more connected they would be, and there was only one person he had been that close to, and had no desire to be as one with anyone else. Reaching out to an unwilling participant was almost emotional TRIBBLE, Elihu considered, but then discounted that immediately. He would not be harming Krystal Jade. On the contrary, he would be helping her, and in doing so, helping himself and his friends. He had risked giving her secrets that only he and his superiors in SFI and the Tal'Shiar were aware even existed. She could easily go to that lunatic Fleet Admiral and confess what happened between Elihu and herself. This could be good, or it could be bad, depending on what she said to him. Most likely bad.

Elihu decided to wait. He did not need rescuing just yet, and he was not about to jeopardize an innocent woman and her entire starship family, which she would refer to as her crew. The haggard, agonizing Empath closed his eyes to rest...

...but the contraption around his head would not even let him do that.

A few minutes later, a woman walked up to him. She was almost a foot shorter than he and she had brown skin, pointy ears, and expressive eyes. Her dress was red and her black hair beautifully bound on her head. Though he did not know her personally, he recognized her race.

Halanan.

“I am Fenna.”

A Spy. For The Infamous?

“Not a spy. I am being held here against my will, as you are.”

A few meters to Elihu's right was a woman who looked exactly like Fina, but in a tattered gray prison uniform, being restrained by the same type of cocoon that held the man.

I feel you there too.

“She is Nidell. There is not much time, so please, listen closely,” said Fina. “I am her psychic projection. I do not even know if Nidel knows I am telling you this. But Hulanans have limited telepathic abi –”

I know! Tell me something that can get me outta here!

Fina took a step back, fear in her eyes. She said, “Let me help you. I cannot reach beyond this ship, but The Infamous has other telepaths and empaths working for him. Together, you and I may be able to manipulate one or more of them to help us escape.”

A small, twitching smile played at Elihu's pale, cracked lips. “Even if you are lying...” The device contracted around his head. He groaned and cringed in agony. ...I will use you to escape!

USS Firestorm, multiple non-essential areas and Jeffries tubes

Lieutenant Lang purposefully arrived in a random Jeffries tube a few meters outside main engineering. He'd managed to confiscate a tricorder from a crewman who he was forced to knock out a few junctions back. Now he was doing his 'engineering thing' and making a surprise of his own.

A couple decks above engineering, Ensign Kidna was entering the holodeck. She set up a maze that she could change with a word at any time, and then turned off the safety protocols, but not before creating some holographic weapons.

In some dark corner of a ventilation shaft above a cargo bay, Ensign Dolth and Tina James, the two scientists, were messing with the electrical guts of a panel. The MACOs and other hunters would not know what hit them until it was too late.

Ensign Eras was still in a corridor. He sneaked around a corner, knocked out a passing ensign, and took his sidearm before disappearing into a Jeffries tube. He made his way toward deflector control.

Crewmen Benson and Fernandez were putting EVA suits on in an airlock. Two security guards were asleep, and also in EVA suits...

edited May 2016
    The Firestorm jumps to warp, as audible to the people inside the Firestorm. She's headed for the Natara expanse, containing an evident black void in space. Another Dyson Sphere? One of the prisoners, who ends up reaching and looking out a window at the front of the ship sees the mysterious void in question.

U.S.S. Philadelphia, the ready room

The captain turns to Krystal to answer her, but sees she's already gone, so he goes to the bridge instead, sitting down in the captain's chair. The admiral better know what he's doing, he thought to himself. He may be crazy, but this is crazy even for him, especially with a Dyson Sphere involved. What was he thinking allying with all those different factions... He looks up at the viewscreen, looking a little concerned, then correcting his mistake and going back to a sterner expression.

U.S.S. Sally, the bridge

Captain Sarah thought about the possible scenarios of what the admiral might be up to. She sighs, and turns to the Sally's ops officer.

"Whatever is going on here, it can't be good. I think it's time to beam over to the Philadelphia to get answers."

"But captain, Captain Dennison--"

"I'm going to beam directly to their main engineering with a small engineering crew, and investigate this myself. I'm sure he won't mind my "helping with the repairs" of the ship, now would he? Hail them."

They hail the vessel. "Captain Dennison, would you mind if I went over with an engineering team to speed up the repairs?"

He replies. "This is quite unexpected, but I suppose the help could come in handy, if the Sally is staying here in spacedock, go ahead."

"We are." They closed the channel. They hail ESD. "ESD control, the Sally needs a routine mission here at ESD. It can be literally anything, but we need it now. I'll be leaving my first officer in command while I go investigate some things elsewhere."

"Affirmative, U.S.S. Sally. We've got a few defense satellites that need some updating. Will that do?"

"That's perfect, thank you." They closed the channel with ESD, as the captain, heads to get an engineering team of 4 engineers, and goes to the transporter room, beaming with the engineers to the Philadelphia's main engineering.

"I've got a few more engineers for you. What do you need help with?"

U.S.S. Firestorm, a random corridor

Ensign Eras is ambushed by an Omega Operative, armed with an Omega Antiproton Autocarbine. Any attempts to attack the operative are deflected by personal shielding as they bring Eras to the ground.

U.S.S. Firestorm, just outside main engineering

Lieutenant Lang looks up to see an Omega Operative lunging at him.

U.S.S. Firestorm, holodeck

Another operative arrives in the holodeck, looking at the maze. He enters further, using his Omega suit's integrated scanners to hunt for Kidna. He activates his communicator, hailing 11 of 14.

"Commander, I think our holodeck here has been taken over by one of the escaped prisoners. You mind cutting the holodeck's power for me?"

U.S.S. Firestorm, above cargo bay 1

Another pair of operatives enter the cargo bay, searching for Dolth and Tina.

U.S.S. Firestorm, airlock

Another two Omega operatives see Benson and Fernandez in the airlock, pulling out their antiproton rifles and opening fire at them mercilessly. The rifles are set to kill.

The admiral laughs. "They really thought they could escape so easily, didn't they? I guess they didn't expect our operatives to be so well trained, did they?"

Patar glances at the admiral. "I think Gul Kentar and Narskene will probably want to hear from you regarding our trying to stop SI from uncovering them, won't they?"

"Of course, although we're under cloak right now, so I'd rather not open any transmissions. For now."​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal made her way down to Engineering to try and find out everything she could about the crew of the Philidelphia, and hopefully find the XO.
    Captain Sarah runs encounters Krystal.

"Oh, it's you. Find out anything yet?"​​
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Lydia M'Konel, U.S.S Philadelphia, main engineering

Sub-Commander Lydia M'Konel was not at all happy that more people had beamed into her engine room. She instantly drew her disruptor just as Captain Jade entered as well. She stopped between Jade at the entrance and the engineering team Walker brought, who were position behind Crewman Pekh's console near the warp core.

"Has everyone gone insane?" she growled. "This is my ship!" She forced herself to calm down and holstered her weapon. "I apologize. It's been a very trying day. I was shot by my own nephew." To Walker, she said, "Your engineers can help Pekh get the warp core online. Everything's fused or cracked or overheated so we're going to need new hardware. ESD should have some."

Lydia turned to Jade. "As for you, I know you were with Elihu and Aeris in the security office on ESD, and I know my nephew well, so don't think that just because he trusts you that you should trust him. He's extremely manipulative. Makes El-Aurians look benevolent. Just don't let him in your head." She noticed the small red mark on her neck. "Ah right, he's already there." Lydia extended her hands, as if awaiting cuffs. "I'm as good as guilty to you, aren't I?"