test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4 forward and 4 aft setup

goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
Taking a quick open survey to see what my Klingon Empire comrades are doing with their setup. This past weekend, I took advantage of the upgrade situation and got three Withering Disruptor beam banks for my forward weapons and a two Withering Disruptor turrets for my rear. I'm working on the Withering Disruptor Beam Array that's available through the Terran rep. I'll be putting that in the rear as well along with a withering photon. The Terran rep Photon is also forward along with the beam banks.

My main concern is the disruptor turrets. I generally like to have at least 6 weapons that can fire at a forward target.

What approaches have you taken and why?

Thanks for sharing in advance.

Q'apla!
klingon-bridge.jpg

Comments

• captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    4 elite fleet dual disruptors( up front, kinetic cutting beam, omni beam & 2 elite fleet beam in rear. Same set up with plasma or ap. I like 6 firing forwad as well.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    I've got three models used recently.

When my Eng main flew a Command Cruiser, it was 4 x Disruptor BA front, Omni beam, Bio-molecular turret and 2 BA rear. Still basically a broadsider but with decent punch to the front. Done with Tetryon, Polaron or Antiproton you could get a second omni beam, and even a third with the Borg cutting beam.

On my Negh'tev, I've gone with a dual beam banks focus to match the model - 3 x DBB + 1 BA front, rear slots as above. Seems to do OK, the reduced drain and higher damage of the DBBs balance some of the loss from the extra BAs. When using FAW, the rear beams can still inflict disruptor procs so have some value.

My TOS-themed Fleet K't'inga uses a canon cannon build; 4 x DHCs front, Omni-beam plus 3 turrets rear. Holds its own and is moderately effective - not bad for a 150 year old ship :).

• freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    My Bort's current setup is:

Fore
    • 2x Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannons
    • Elachi Beam Array
    • Bio-Molecular Torpedo
    Aft
    • Bio-Molecular Heavy Turret
    • Elachi Beam Array
    • Kinetic Cutting Beam
    • Disruptor Turret

I like to be as canon as possible. I'll switch out the KCB for another turret when I want to go full canon.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    if you go antiproton, you can slot 4 DBB front, ancient omni, crafted omni, cutting beam aft. That is 7 forward weapons. The 8th can be a specialty turret or a web mine or a set-bonus junk weapon or whatever.

Another way to do it is mix and match beam arrays. Here again, you can have at least 5 weapons on both fore and aft (put an omni fore and an omni aft and you have 3 arrays + 2 omnis both forward and aft now, and 8 on the sides.

The top one (DBB) does more dps if your ship is manuverable. If its a slow cow, the second option is better.

• hugin1205hugin1205 Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    there are a few mission reward omni beams (tetryon, polaron, AP - have I forgotten one?) that you can use in combo with the crafted ones - plus the kinetic cutting beam.
    So my Mogh has 8 forward firing weapons :)
    18 characters
    KDF: 2 tacs, 2 engs, 3 scis
    KDF Roms: 3 tacs, 1 eng, 1 scis
    FED: 2 tacs, 1 eng, 2 scis
    TOS: 1 tac
    all on T5 rep (up to temporal)
    all have mastered Intel tree (and some more specs Points)
    highest DPS: 60.982
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Fore: 2 Dual Heavy Cannon (Wide Arc optional), 1 Dual Beam Bank, 1 Torpedo

Aft: 1 Omni-Directional Beam Array, 2 Turret, 1 Torpedo (you can have 3 Turret, if you're completely obsessed with forward firing power)

I've found this to be the best option.

Aesthetically, it will look odd, since there is only one hybrid energy Omni-Directional Beam Array at the moment (Agony Phaser), and standard Disruptors - green, vs. Withering Disruptors - red, but I digress.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    I have a Fleet Norgh that runs 4 AP Dual Hvy Cannons fore and aft is one AP Omni and the Ancient AP Omni. Makes for a HELLUVA Alpha strike ;)
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Front: Neutronic torp, 2x bio-molecular DHC's, heavy crescent wave cannon.
    Aft: 2 bio-molecular disruptor turrets + heavy bio-molecular turret and bio-molecular torp
    Vorcha_forward.jpg