test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - MAY 12, 2016

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to: ST.64.20160501a.9.

*Only Gold and Lifetime Account players can access Tribble to view the new Agents of Yesterday content*

New Features:

Create a TOS Captain:
  • This will start off the new adventure in Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday.
  • This is the top option in the character creation window.
  • Players can choose the following races as their TOS Captain:
    • Human
    • Andorian
    • Vulcan
    • Tellarite

New Mission: Tutorial “The Taurean Affair”
New Mission: “In the Shadow of Cestus”
General:
  • Ship Art updates have been made to the Tier 1 Constitution Class Starship.
    • This update is free.
    • There is a known issue where players that have already claimed this ship will not see the updated art.
      • Going into the tailor and altering the costume of the ship will reset it and make the updates appear.
  • The Blissful Agony Trait has a correct icon.
  • Updated the mine interact UI so that it can be seen on low end machines.
  • Resolved an issue where some hangar launch shuttles were not playing their launch sound effects.

Content:
  • Mission Journal: Flipped the order of the Breen and Borg arcs for all factions.
  • Sphere of Influence: When in the caves of New Romulus at the location of the gate, after setting emergency charges, added a waypoint for Admiral Kererek so that the player knows where to go to talk to him.
  • Surface Tension: Resolved an issue where Qwen was not appearing in a cutscene.
  • Memory Lane: Resolved an issue where stairs not be visible within sight of the player.

Systems:
  • Gravity Well (all ranks) will now more reliably trigger attached effects, such as those triggered by Exotic Damage abilities and Control Effects.
  • Significantly increased the strength and reduced the recharge time of the Micro Photon Torpedo Launcher kit module.
  • Subnucleonic Carrier Wave is no longer incorrectly considered to be a Science Bridge Officer ability.
  • Subterfuge Traits: Resolved a display error causing the damage bonus text to display incorrectly, at too high a value, and not changing based on power Tier.
  • Cloaking Powers: Resolved a display issue that caused the Decloaking Damage bonus to look like it gains more benefit from Subterfuge than it really does.
  • Improved Singularity Overcharge and should now actually improve Crit Severity while using Singularity Overcharge.
  • The Chroniton Dual Beam Array's proc now reduces Recharge Speed in addition to its other effects.
  • Assimilated Tractor Beam no longer references damaging crew.

Character:
  • Klingon Update:
    • Updated the lighting on most male heads and male and female necks to add more cohesion to the look.
    • Tweaked Klingon forehead and nose ridges to better blend with face textures.
      • Also sharpened the textures, giving the impression of increased resolution.
    • Increased slider range for female Klingon cranium and forehead width.
      • It is now possible to make these features wider.
    • Improved skinning and fit of Male and Female Klingon Sashes.
    • Klingon Male Pauldrons have a more natural fit, shape, and skinning.
  • Added a few more skin tone options to Human, Klingon, and Ferengi for players.
  • Added an additional color tint option on the main trim lines for the Time Traveller uniform.
    • Also made set color options to STO's largest color palette.
  • Made Na’kuhl Tall Loose boots option available to players who have this set.

UI:
  • Resolved an issue where the HUD options for showing Name and Life could not be selected.
  • Resolved an issue where clicking on a space training manual node brought up a blank "Skill Details" window.
  • Resolved an issue where hitting the escape button repeatedly closed the Match window and made players unable to type in Match chat.

Known Issues:
  • The Foundry is temporarily unavailable.
  • The TOS Captains and missions are all a work in progress.
  • Players that have already claimed the Constitution Class Starship will not see the updated art.
    • Go into the ship tailor with the ship and alter the costume to make all updates appear.

Comments

• alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    YAY! TOSsers!
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    i really really really wanna play this new stuff but need to ask how will it work for KDF and Rom toons will they get new content in this new expansion or how will it work
    The True King In The North
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    djmarr1964 wrote: »
    i really really really wanna play this new stuff but need to ask how will it work for KDF and Rom toons will they get new content in this new expansion or how will it work

Non-TOS Fed toons as I understand it will have an episode arc that they can play that differs via dialog that TOS characters have access to.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I keep getting a "Version Mis-Match" error at the title/character screen, despite closing and trying to repatch like the message suggests.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    amosov78 wrote: »
    I keep getting a "Version Mis-Match" error at the title/character screen, despite closing and trying to repatch like the message suggests.

I keep getting this too, even tried a 'force verify' to no avail.

¿Qué pasó?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    *Only Gold and Lifetime Account players can access Tribble to view the new Agents of Yesterday content*

what about the members of @pwlaughingtrendy's operational support team? not all of them have subs, so they won't be able to bughunt if they can't access tribble

they should all be granted special dispensation to access tribble regardless of their account subscription status​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    Yep, I'm getting the same "version mismatch" message (and yes, I have access to Tribble; I'm an LTS).

I guess now we know why they didn't try to push the Holodeck patch today, heh.
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    i cant create a new toon how can i test this new stuff
    The True King In The North
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Yep, I'm getting the same "version mismatch" message (and yes, I have access to Tribble; I'm an LTS).

Same. Guess we wait till they fix it......

gHF1ABR.jpg
    edited May 2016
    maina wrote: »

I'm now trying deleting my entire Tribble folder and redownloading it all from scratch. I'm gonna see if that works, and report back.
  • stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Hot.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Also suffering from a "Version Mismatch: Close the Game and Re-patch"..please fix this!
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • lazygizmolazygizmo Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    i too am getting version mismatch my version shows up as ST_60_20160501_027 and not ST.64.20160501a.9
    edited May 2016

I'm now trying deleting my entire Tribble folder and redownloading it all from scratch. I'm gonna see if that works, and report back.

No dice. Still getting version mismatch. :(

Probably won't be addressed until tomorrow at this point, since it's likely that the devs have gone home.
  • storobertpraetorstorobertpraetor Member Posts: 51 Arc User

There are two kinds of people. :D
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer

Probably won't be addressed until tomorrow at this point, since it's likely that the devs have gone home.

Still here. We're looking into this issue.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Hey, Tried to load tribble again. The launcher downloaded a rather sizable patch and now works properly. (for me at least lol)
  • hatax2hatax2 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Same version mismatch here. :( No biggie, guess we wait another day. Looks like they're on it, I saw a post on Reddit and one just above mine here. Yay

Still here. We're looking into this issue.

Awesome!! You guys rock.
  • ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Bug blocking mission progression when directed to equip rifle. Rifle equipped, no credit for doing so, cannot continue.
  • locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2016

I have a Lfetime Subscription and I can not access Tribble either. I keep getting a "Version Mis-Match" error at the title/character screen, despite closing and trying to repatch like the message suggests.

My version is coming up as ST_60_20160501_0217, as opposed to ST.64.20160501a.9
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User

There are two kinds of people. :D

Yeah, the kind that tell you what they are going to do, and the kind that forgot to mention they already did that.... <3

gHF1ABR.jpg
  • locozocolocozoco Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    This just in...patching now, 4152 MB
    i too am patching, though only 2130MB
  • coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
    The version mismatch error is resolved now. If you still get it, log out of the client and launcher completely and then log back in again to finish patching.
    The version mismatch error is resolved now. If you still get it, log out of the client and launcher completely and then log back in again to finish patching.

Sweet, thanks!!
    on a unrelated note, i saw somewhere that c-store was being tested, is this old news?
  • antoniusrexantoniusrex Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Crashed to desktop after entering turbolift to go to armory. Crashes every time I try to go back on that character now.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    no joined trills ? no caitians ? i don't' even like pink skins
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Aw TRIBBLE! I haven't downloaded anything for Tribble server through the game launcher since putting together a new PC. So I have 12GB worth of stuff to download. :'(

This ToS stuff is gonna bring me back to the game. You guys are really pushing me to test out my new PC build with this game. I had logged into Holodeck at least once and it automatically adjusted my graphics settings the first time and it turned everything to high. And I mean everything. I had to turn on anti-aliasing though. :smiley:

Edit: ToS Alien species please. All other factions have it. And ToS Catians, since they were in Starfleet in the ToS animated series, as well as one seen in one of the ToS films.

Edit 2: Wow. Tribble downloaded already. All 12GB of it. :o LOL "on demand patching" was on. Forgot to turn that off. So yeah, a few more GB worth for Holodeck and probably the same for Tribble.