test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Earth Spacedock (RP)

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Krystal just crosses her arms across her chest in a casual manner.

"I'm starting to get a bad feeling about that mission..." she said to Aeris.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Commander Sek turns to Rattler.

"Admiral Nat's special mission?"
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
    Krystal nods in response.
    "I just... I can't explain it. I just have a feeling something is going to go wrong."
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited May 2016
    Commander Sek replies,

"Don't worry, we'll be fine. Being the Firestorm's tactical officer, I can assure you that after the things we've handled without any problems, a simple mission to an Iconian Herald Sphere won't be any problem."

He raises his head up a bit and looks directly as Rattler, although it's hard to tell since he's a Breen and thus no one can see his eyes.

"Seriously. We single-handedly destroyed a Borg Tactical Cube once. I still don't know how, but we managed. One Herald Sphere shouldn't be that bad, especially with an entire task force of ships."

The comms announce the arrival of a ship called the C.B.S. Falzon.

"Speaking of which, one of the other ships just came in, captained by a relative of mine. I'm sure the admiral will want to get him in on the mission. I better go."

The commander walks off to the transporter pad, taking the M.A.C.O.s with him.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

"Still doesn't make me feel better..." Krystal replied with a sigh.
    The admiral also hears the comm message, and goes to the transporter pad, and meets with Thot Tran of the C.B.S. Falzon.

The admiral: "Tran! How was the patrol mission near the Klingon border?"

Thot Tran: "Fine. Had to destroy a few Nausicaan Raiders, but the freighters were fine."

Admiral Nat: "Good. I have another mission for you."

The admiral passes Thot Tran a pad with information regarding the special mission to the Herald Sphere. Thot Tran nods, and then meets with Sek.

Admiral Nat thinks to himself of how well Thot Tran and his Rezreth Class Dreadnought have served him since they defected from the Breen Confederacy, then heads out to find one more captain.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Last time on ESD: Days

“Well!” said S’tmik as he and S’ttel re-entered the food court, “That didn’t go as expected!”

S’ttel hurried over to the replicator looking and feeling like he had just been back in front of the Academy Commandant.

“Who knew she could swear in five different languages!” S’ttel said in wonderment.

“And seven different dialects!” S’tmik added amused at his brother’s discomfort.

“And seven different dialects!” S’ttel repeated not aware that S’tmik had already just said the same thing. “But it still doesn’t help that the vast majority of my ships are still in space dock. Perhaps we could use our contacts in the Klingon Defence Force to use their yards?”

“I highly doubt it, they have the same problems we do – in fact I think they have it worse and not to mention they would have to totally retool the repair shops to handle Starfleet vessels.” S’tmik replied.

Just as both S’ttel and S’tmik reach the replicators both of their comm badges chirp.

“Hang on Mik.” Said S’ttel stepping away

“Same.” Said S’tmik stepping off to the side

S’ttel taped his comm badge opening the channel. “S’ttel, go ahead.”

“Nelan here Admiral, sorry for the intrusion but I have received a data stream and message from your sister, Admiral M’rrel. I think you should take a look at this as a priority.” Said the Voth scientist that had joined S’ttel’s crew after being rescued from the Dyson sphere contested zone. “We are in science lab one four seven on deck fourteen.”
    “Deck fourteen as in deck fourteen Earth Space Dock? And you said ‘we’?” S’ttel asked slightly perturbed.
    “Yes Admiral, deck fourteen Earth Space Dock, and I am here with S’tria – Admiral S’mik’s head of science. It seems they received the same stream and message the same time we did.”

“Okay,” said S’ttel now slightly worried, “I’m on my way.”

“That was S’tria, my science officer asking me to join her in science lab…” S’tmik said

“One four seven,” S’ttel finished for him, “I got the same message.”

“Looks like coffee will have to wait, it’s worrying that she contacted us both at the same time. Where is she at the moment?” S’tmik asked.

“Nakura. It was her turn in rotation to patrol and carry out anti-Tholian exercises. I was hoping her scientific expertise could find a way of shutting down their activities on a permanent bases.” S’ttel told him.

“Well it seems she may have found something!” S’tmik said “and it must be big because she pulled her Nebula class cruiser out of dry dock and got me to refit the entire sensor suite. I oversaw the work personally.”

“Well, we had better not wait, shall we?” S’ttel said motioning to the door.

“No.” said S’tmik.

Both headed towards the door wondering what was so bad that their sister had contacted them both at the same time.

TO BE CONTINUED…​​
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Food Court As Ardrian Dareau is finishing up his meal...
    *Help Help I'm Being Repressed*
    Dareau taps his combadge, "Dareau here."
    "Annlova here. Firestorm 's repairs are complete and we've been reassigned to that slipway. Dock Master thanks you for your patience and politely requests you keep Chief Engineer Bowman away from ESD for the next three days."
    "Thank you Commander, I may be along shortly to inspect the crews and their work. Dareau out." And Ardrian taps his combadge again.
    "Sir, I liked your musical ones, well, except for the last one. Too sad." Thoreau indicates, hitching her thumb at the combadge.
    "I don't know if this is Bowman's idea of a joke or she's trying to fill me in on her feelings, since I haven't let her around the Little Paradise's refit after she clobbered half the Spacedock staff and did that repair herself in like half the time."
    "She's been gone for a while, how...?"
    "When Kim figured out how to make these new combadge chirps, she needed my combadge frequency, and she loves to 'surprise' me with new ones. Always calls me to tell me she made the change. Though she's threatening to leave me in the dark on the next few changes if I don't smooth over the issues with the Dockmaster so she can get back to overseeing the Paradise's refit."
    "I think I'll just beam back aboard..." Thoreau begins to inch back...
    "You're still with me. I might need a 'good cop...'"
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Captain Terry - Councillor's Office

Terry sat before Councillor Lucrecia who sat before him. "Your test results check out; meaning you're technically okay for duty. But I'd like to know what you think?" she asked.

"I know I have a history, but the fact that I'm willing to work passed things should convince you I'm better," Terry explained.

Lucrecia tried to read him. "What we try and what we are aren't always the same thing. Your new mission has you excited."

Terry sat up. "A chance to get back at the Iconians? I'd be crazy to pass that up. Whatever they have going on, it's important we stop them."

"There's no disputing that." The councillor nodded. "But treading careful may be in your best interests."

The Captain agreed. "I'll do my best."
  • the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    "Spirit of Hope"

Lt. M'Konel, Philadelphia holodeck

Lieutenant Elihu M'Konel entered the Philadelphia's holodeck with dread and anxiety. Elihu almost jumped out of his skin when the heavy double doors closed behind him. He really did not want to do what he was going to do. He went to the wall console and stared at it for a few seconds. With a sigh, he tapped some buttons and then stepped away from it.

"Computer, load Talitha program nine."

"Talitha program nine has been altered."

M'Konel became angry. "What? By who?"

A hologram of a human man in his late forties appeared. His rank was Junior Lieutenant and his uniform was gold. He had a pretty long beard and strong, wise eyes. Elihu gulped when he saw him.

"Lieutenant Solomon?"

The hologram chuckled and opened his arms to Elihu. "So formal all of a sudden. Do you not miss your old Rabbi at all, Elihu?"

Elihu and the older man embraced. Elihu said, "Sorry Uriah. Quite the opposite actually. But why did you change my program?"

As Uriah and Elihu's hug ended, Uriah placed his hand on the younger man's shoulder. "Elihu, you cannot keep coming here."

"What are you talking about?" asked Elihu. "I came here to say goodbye to her."

"I know better," said Uriah. "Sure, that's your conscious intent, but it won't end there. You'll say goodbye today, only to come and see her again next week."

Elihu sighed, gently his spiritual mentor's hand off him. He nodded. "Maybe. How...?"

Uriah explained, "I knew I was going to die two weeks after she died, Elihu. I had a dream from God three days before it happened."

Elihu smiled. "Even in death you're faithful. I wish I could believe in something so profoundly."

"I came here and engineered this program to be activated instead of your normal one," continued Solomon, "exactly two and a half months later. I figured three months was enough time to grieve."

"'Enough time to grieve?' How can you say that?"

Uriah said, "You are stronger than you know, Elihu. Your namesake was much like you before he ascended in the chariot of fire. You are a starship commander. You must put your crew first."

"Let me ask you something, Uriah. How do you continue to pray to a God who has supposedly allowed you to die? In a plasma leak no less! I can think of only one or two more meaningless deaths!"

A deep laugh came from Uriah's slightly rotund gut. He patted Elihu on the shoulder. "My life was full. Complete. Our mission was not just to fight the enemies of the Federation, my son. It was to give people hope! Something to believe in, something greater than themselves! We're humans! We're mortal! We're capable of amazing things, but just ask the Q. Ask Aazrus. In the grand scheme of all of reality, all of the realities of the entire multiverse...what are we really? Without hope, without faith, without love, my good man, we are nothing. We are flawed, everyone one of us, not just the people of Earth. For every merciful Cardassian, there is a greedy Ferengi. For every peaceful Vuclan, there is a Nausicaan pirate. Do not let your fire for life and liberty and justice and kindness be snuffed out, Elihu! My sole purpose for being on this ship was to teach you, Elihu. Tuning impulse drives, as exciting as that was, was not my destiny. Do not doubt your purpose, Elihu. Accept your destiny..."

Elihu's shoulders noticeably slouched, but his eyes were staring intently into Uriah's. "What is my destiny? To be alone forever?"

"To everything there is a season," Uriah happily preached as he paced in front of Elihu, his hands raised in the air, "and a time to every purpose under the heavens!" Elihu's eyes welled up with tears and he gulped, feeling the passion in the projection's speech. "A time to be born, and a time to die! A time to plant, and a time to reap! A time to kill..." Uriah turned and smiled pointedly at his would-be nephew-in-law. "...and a time to heal."

Tears streamed down Elihu's face. He stepped toward Talitha's Hebrew uncle, reaching for him...

Uriah finished with, "A time to break down, and a time to build up," before he vanished.

Falling to his knees, Elihu burst into sobbing, as a portion of the remainder of the verses echoed in his mind.

A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance...a time to love, a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
    Krystal found a viewport that overlooked the Lexington. That ship was more than just an assignment for her. The Lexington had become a home. She was far from being a stock Sovereign class. With all the refits and the tweaks to her systems, she actually could give some of the newer ships a run for their money.

But she still had her doubts about the upcoming mission.

"What is it about this sphere that's got me on edge?" she asked.
    Captain Aeris - Cargo Bay 7

Aeris entered the cargo bay where Commander Reeve and several science officers were at work scanning the area. Everyone looked busy, despite there being no results.

"Well, we're just about ready to call it quits here," Reeve said. "Is it possible this is some kind of hoax?"

Aeris glanced around, not sure what she was going to see that no one else had. "You know, Commander, I'm starting to think that as well."

She stepped away from the science officers, while Reeve followed.

"Captain?" Reeve asked.

The woman pondered. "Something M'Konel said just before he left, that I incorrectly assumed he was trying to sabotage Earth Spacedock. Supposedly, I learned that from Bradden's orders telling me to stand down, somehow, but I think the Lieutenant's utterances are what's echoing in my mind."

"You have no reason to trust him, and every reason not to," Reeve added.

Aeris nodded. "You're probably right. There's a lot I need to discuss with Starfleet."

"Spacedock Operations to any available Captains," came a general call over the comms. "Undine threat in Sol system. Repeat, Undine threat in Sol system."

Earth Spacedock

An opening from fluidic space tore through, near Earth Spacedock, and a Dromias Bio-Cruiser exited. Following close behind, three Vila Heavy Bioships, which opened fire on the Dromias Bio-Cruiser and any nearby starships. The sole operator aboard the under-attack Dromias Bio-Cruiser opened a hail to Spacedock in a desperate request for asylum.
    Krystal bolts for the airlock connecting ESD to the Lexington.
    Admiral Nat beams up to the U.S.S. Firestorm before ESD raises shields, the Firestorm taking up a position escorted by the C.B.S. Falzon and U.S.S. Sally.

He orders that they hail the Dromias Bio-Cruiser. They open the hailing frequencies and await a response.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

The USS Lexington soon joins them.
    edited May 2016
    Vila Heavy Bioship 1, Koriskor

Its commanding Undine, Nughogh, snarled from his stool at the main controls. Several of its crew worked the surrounding controls on the narrow Bridge.

"The enemy vessel has been hit," one of his crew reported, telepathically. "Their communications are offline."

Nughogh made an odd creature noise. "Not good enough. We must try to destroy that vessel completely. Fire antiproton array."
    Post edited by hawku001x on
    U.S.S. Firestorm

"Lieutenant?"

"They aren't responding, admiral."

The other bridge crew that were on Earth arrive on the bridge, having beamed up a couple minutes ago.

Commander Scott, chief science officer, takes his station and informs the admiral that "their communications are down, and the other vessels are still firing on them."

The admiral thinks for a moment.

"They want to defect. Maybe it's some kind of telepathic message from them. Maybe it's instinct. Maybe I'm just crazy. In any case, am I the only one here that believes whoever is on board that cruiser is trying to defect from the rest of the Undine?"

No one on the bridge responds. Evidently, they agree.

"All ships. I have reason to believe that the pilot of that Dromias Bio-cruiser is trying to defect to us, and it is our duty to ensure they have the opportunity to do so. The Vila Class Battleships are trying to deny them their freedom, so we'll have to stop them, one way, or the other..."

He turns to his chief tactical officer, Commander Sek, and looks back at the view screen.

"All ships, fire at will. Do not let the Dromias Bio-Cruiser be destroyed. If that means the destruction of some or even all of the Vila Class Battleships, so be it."

The U.S.S. Firestorm, U.S.S. Sally, and C.B.S. Falzon all begin to open fire on what appears to be the lead battleship.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

The Lexington moves to cover the Cruiser... and hasn't fired a shot yet.
    The C.B.S. Falzon fires at the lead battleship with it's Breen Energy Dissipator, in hopes of disabling the vessel's weapon systems.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited May 2016

The Koriskor suddenly takes hits from three starships. Nughogh snaps to his crew, telepathically, feeling every hit from the ship like he was being punched in the side. "Re-inforce the bio-shields! Return fire."

"We are supposed to keep a truce with these creatures?" one of his crews asks through the mind.

Nughogh coughs up phlegm from beneath its head due to another hit. "You know our Faction does not care for that. Fire!"
    Post edited by hawku001x on
    The admiral sees the battleships returning fire.

"U.S.S. Sally, target the lead ship's warp core, or whatever inside that thing resembles a warp core, and prepare your phaser lance for firing."

He turns to his chief operations officer.

"Commander, hail the lead ship. I want to give them one last chance before we destroy them."
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Lexington pulls alongside the Dromias and extends her shields.
    edited May 2016

Nughogh screeches in anger. "They think they can protect him?? Annihilate the humans!"

The Koriskor swoops around and blasts a highly charged antiproton beam into the U.S.S. Sally's forward shields, weakening them significantly.
    "Status on the Targeting sensors?" Krystal asked. Repairs weren't quite complete, and it was grating on her that one of the things that hadn't been fixed yet was Targeting.

"Still down Captain. We could set the torpedoes for Proximity Detonation, but we'd still run the risk of hitting friendlies."

"Oh for... reinforce the shields then. Turtle up. At least we can protect this thing..."
    Vila Heavy Bioship 2, Porenek

The commanding Undine of the Porenek, Talliskuh, peers at the triangle view screen on his Bridge with the Lexington and the defecting Undine ship in sights. "They must perish!"

He pushes his ship in their direction and fires a beam of antiprotons into the starboard side of both ships' shared shielding.
    The shields hold, and the Lexington... still doesn't return fire.

"Can we at least eyeball it?" Krystal asked.
    "Maybe... but we'd still risk..."
    "Then DO it already! Go manual targeting!"

A few phaser beams lance from the Lexington... and miss.
    "Alright then. That's it. U.S.S. Sally... fire!"

The U.S.S. Sally fires her phaser lance, targeting the lead ship, doing significant damage.

Meanwhile, the C.B.S. Falzon begins charging it's energy discharge capacitors, and starts draining power from the 3 Undine battleships.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

• the0infamousthe0infamous Member Posts: 528 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    “Meeting The Infamous”

02:00 Hours, Federation Ship Standard Time

Lt. M'Konel, U.S.S. Philadelphia, crew quarters, and then the bridge

Since Elihu M'Konel had not slept in over two days, he'd passed out around 21:00. His sleep went on uninterrupted until the Undine attack that he knew was coming, at approximately 04:30.

“Captain to the bridge,” came Centurion Lydia M'Konel's nervous voice. “Time to see how our babies work.”

“Ugh,” Elihu groused to himself. He tapped his badge on the bedside table. “Coming,” he groaned, barely comprehensible.

As he arrived on the bridge, Ensign Daniel Benson, acting-security chief, announced his presence. Everyone stood to attention but Elihu waved it away.

He asked, “Are they here yet?”

“They'll be here in less than a minute,” reported Ops officer Ensign Nel Kestral.

“Cloak.” Elihu took his seat beside his aunt.

The Miranda-Centaur class light cruiser faded away into invisibility as the Philadelphia slowly orbited Earth Spacedock. Thirty seconds later, the battle commenced and the crew of the Philadelphia observed.

“It's a good thing we found the Undine defector before his friends did,” Lydia commented to Lieutenant M'Konel. “We might not have been able to pull this off.”

“Pfft,” scoffed Elihu. “Sure we would have. It would've just been a little more difficult is all.”

“Sir!” Ensign Benson's voice resonated with tension and fear. “We're picking up another signal! I believe it's coming from a cloaked vessel!”

“Romulans or Klingons?” Lydia inquired of the tactical officer.

He shook his head. “Neither. Both. I – I can't tell!”

“Well tell me about the signal!” shouted Elihu. “Is it a transmission?”

“Yes, Sir!”

“Okay...then play it!”

Benson sighed. “You're not gonna like it...”

Irish rock music started playing over the bridge. Immediately, Elihu knew who was sending the signal. “Turn that garbage off!” he barked.

“I can't, Sir!” Benson reported. “A virus piggybacked on the signal and took over our communications system! The entire ship is hearing it now!”

Lydia face-palmed. “I hate The Infamous.”

“He gives Ireland a bad name,” Elihu agreed.

Kestral said, “Uh, the signal is being transmitted to all Starfleet ships now, as well as the Starbase...”

Elihu stood. “How is that possible? I want that virus eliminated and that music off now! Does The Infamous not know the meaning of 'covert operations'?”

“He's hailing us,” Benson said after finally managing to turn the music off.

“On screen,” commanded M'Konel.

As soon as The Infamous' grinning face appeared on the main viewer, Elihu regretted it. He regretted saying “on screen” and he regretted knowing The Infamous and he regretted not killing him before the rogue Irishman was lost with all hands in a battle with the Tal'Shiar. The Infamous was a notorious warlord who not too long ago ruled over dozens of small worlds scattered throughout the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma quadrants. However, he had given up his tyranny in exchange for a chance to work as an assassin in the employ of Starfleet Intelligence and the Tal'Shiar. The worst part about The Infamous, at least in Elihu's eyes, was his undeniable charm. Even Lydia fell for the renegade.

The Infamous had a generally rugged appearance. His handsome face was surprisingly clean, and pale. His piercing, energized green eyes were separated by a long blade scar that crossed nearly his entire face. The Infamous had an unshaven jowl and shoulder-length black hair that he preferred to keep disheveled. He'd once told Elihu that he liked keeping his hair and facial hair that way because “it added to his appeal, especially – but not exclusively – with women.”

“'Ello Eli mate! How goes it?” The Infamous stood there looking smug, arms crossed over his leather-clad chest.

“Terribly,” confessed Elihu. “And don't call me that. What do you want?”

Lydia said, “We thought you were dead.”

Elihu shook his head. “No we didn't. We hoped you were dead.”

“Aww, don't be like that.” The Infamous winked at Lydia. “I know somebody over there missed me. Just a little?”

Lydia glanced over at Elihu with mild shame. Elihu's eyes went wide. “Really? Him? He's a monster!”

The Infamous said, ”Hey! I am no monster! I am, in fact, human, as you well know.”

“You're a sociopath,” Lydia accused.

The Infamous pretended to be offended, as if no one had ever told him that before.

Elihu said, “That's why I cannot read you. Now kindly TRIBBLE off before I finish what the Tal'Shiar started.”

“Don't you want to know who betrayed us?”

“We assumed you did,” Lydia declared.

“Oh Mon Cherie, it was, in fact, not me. I know that I often lie, but I promise that it was not I.”

“Enough with the rhymes,” said Elihu, “and get to the point.”

“It was Toreth of course!”

“And why should we believe you?” asked Elihu.

Lydia said thoughtfully, “It makes sense. She knew that since we found Donatra and de-assimilated her, Donatra would easily take over the military and force Toreth out of power.”

The Infamous also informed them, “To make things worse, Toreth was made supreme commander of the Tal'Shiar.”

“That's awful,” sneered Elihu. “But not our problem right now. Since the Cursed Fleet was destroyed, leaving only the Phili and whatever your flyin', we have no need of a Tal'Shiar presence. We can work directly with Starfleet Intel.”

“Well, you do that,” The Infamous said happily. “I'm just gonna go blackmail Toreth and take over the Romulan Republic.”

“Whatever,” Lydia grumbled. “Are you here to observe the result of our hard work or do you simply want to bother us?”

The Infamous shrugged. “I can multi-task. Doesn't look like the battle is going well for good ol' Starfleet though. Ya might wanna help out a little.”

“What about you?” Elihu demanded.

“This, uh, ship...is not ready to see combat, not just yet.”

“What are you flying?” asked Elihu, becoming more irritated.

The Infamous grinned. “You'll see, mate, sooner or later. Ciao.”

The view screen returned to the battle with the Undine ships and Elihu released a moan of frustration. He turned to Ensign Benson. “Decloak, target the lead Vila. Helm, maneuver Eli-One.”

Large chunks of the ship were blasted off through a hole in the shields by the U.S.S. Sally, sending pieces of organic compound flinging into space. The Koriskor swerved into a spin, blasting antiproton beams away at random until its weapons were offline.

Nughogh felt the agony his ship felt in his mind. He checked his triangle viewer, showing the Philidelphia decloaking and targeting his ship. As the view swivelled around, he saw that the fluidic space portal was still open and two more Vila bioships of his Faction flew through to join them.

"The weak must perish!"

The Koriskor exploded.
    edited May 2016
    The admiral watches the explosion on his view screen.

"Well, they had their chance. All ships, fire on the next vessel!"

The U.S.S. Firestorm makes a pass at one of the Vila Battleships, firing at them with omega-tech enhanced phasers, slowing draining the battleship's shields.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.