Install Arc

Featured Episode: Temporal Front

124»

Comments

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Unsure if it was answered fully, but just in case. As far as I know,

OKEG'S BADGE:
    Only on UNIFORM category (dig a bit in Uniform - Jacket - Lose as said to find the Elegant jacket itself.)
    Only for federation NON romulan faction, (no idea what KDF get, if any, but romulans allegedly get nothing) on badge category.

The jacket itself is available on both uniform and off duty categories but as far as I know, to get the badge one has to be of the correct faction and chose the uniform category.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    starswordc wrote: »
    Seriously? You're going to call Noye's motivation more believable than Gaul's?
    Yes, because what you just listed for Gaul is literally one dimensional villainy on par with someone like Lex Luthor. Hes just an extremist, racist, TRIBBLE for no reason other then to be a villain.

Noye's motivations are far more believable. Most people would flip out if they found out their entire lives, including their family, had been blinked out of existence, and they couldn't even remember it. The mental shock from that would be devastating.

Your argument thus far has been
    -1 dimensional evil for the sake of evil, aka Gaul, is good writing
    -Multi faceted "evil", thats not really evil, is bad writing.
    Its totally backwards from all standards of good writing.

Oh really? Where does "our" Noye come from? Did he just poof into existence with no past at all? Well, obviously not, because that's not how the Mary Sueperweapon works. The Sueperweapon crew's memories weren't shielded, only the temporal core was, and the Sueperweapon erases its target and all causally connected events from past, present, and future. This isn't a matter of memory erasure: the events remembered simply never happened, ergo clearly "our" Noye must've had a life before the epilogue of "Assfly", because he exists at the epilogue of "Assfly".

He is not the same person as the Noye who started out on the mission. They are, for all practical purposes, two separate individuals.

So, why does he care about somebody who from his and everybody else's perspective never existed, when he did have a life before it? Furthermore, why does he blame the Federation exclusively, instead of, say, the Krenim for designing the ship and pushing for its use (recall the blog entry where Seven of Nine warns that using the Mary Sueperweapon is a bad idea and the Krenim act all arrogant and say keep going), or the Iconians for having created the situation that led to its use?

Is Gaul a complex villain? No. It's hard to write one unless you can write scenes from their perspective and do it well, c.f. Dukat and Weyoun. STO's format doesn't really allow for that. But at least Gaul's actions, motivations, and background follow logically from one another. He was indoctrinated in a fascist ideology from birth and then reached his teenage years to see everything he'd known, including friends and family, die in nuclear fire, with himself getting stacked like cordwood in an underground vault and put to sleep for a thousand years. He then wakes up to find out the galaxy has forgotten about his entire people. To add insult to injury, within hours his rescuers, a Federation crew led by a Starfleet captain, turn on his people, the very people they just rescued, to save their own necks, and most of the rescuees die at the hands of the same species that originally destroyed them.

Are you at all surprised he acts like he does towards the Alpha Quadrant?
    Post edited by starswordc on
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • texarion#1034 texarion Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Just a note on your ship getting blown up during the cut-scene. Having now run the mission about 8 times I can confirm that as long as you move to the left side of the machine (left when looking at the portal) and move far enough that no portion of the blue from the portal can be seen, you will take no damage whatsoever during the cut-scene when it blows up.

Disclaimer: I make it a point to attack only the portal machine up until that point so none of the Na'kuhl ships are attacking me yet as they are all going after the Pastak and the other allies. Attacking any of the na'kuhl ships before blowing the portal means you will be getting attacked by them during the cut-scene, risking having a cloud of vapor where your ship was when the cut-scene is over. End Disclaimer:

Here are my results. Directly in front of the portal when it blew up. @ 75% shields and 100% hull = dead. On left side of machine with just a hair line bit of blue from the portal visible... 100% shields and hull = hull at 3%, Miracle Worker worked miracles for me that time. Left side of machine, no blue visible but Na'kuhl ships attacking = @ 45% hull left. Five times of being on left side of machine with no blue visible and no Na'kuhl attacking I had 100% shields and hull before it blew and still had 100% shields and hull after the cut-scene. I have never tried the right side as I am a creature of habit and I am always closer to the left side after killing the portal jumper just before the attack on the machine itself.

As I have 3 accounts and a total of 15 toons to take through this danged mission I might eventually try the right side but I doubt it. I found something that works and I've always believed that if something aint broke, don't be trying to fix it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also, those annoying green cloud torpedos..... those will kill you during the cutscene and fast...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Furthermore, why does he blame the Federation exclusively, instead of, say, the Krenim for designing the ship and pushing for its use (recall the blog entry where Seven of Nine warns that using the Mary Sueperweapon is a bad idea and the Krenim act all arrogant and say keep going), or the Iconians for having created the situation that led to its use?

Because blame (when it comes to inter-faction politics) isn't often assigned reasonably.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    Furthermore, why does he blame the Federation exclusively, instead of, say, the Krenim for designing the ship and pushing for its use (recall the blog entry where Seven of Nine warns that using the Mary Sueperweapon is a bad idea and the Krenim act all arrogant and say keep going), or the Iconians for having created the situation that led to its use?
    Because blame (when it comes to inter-faction politics) isn't often assigned reasonably.
    also, people like to find scapegoats to avoid having to accept blame... even when they ARe at fault.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    toiva wrote: »
    Kinda curious that the Gate station exploding didn't even finish off my almost dead Risian cruiser on my alt char. Which is what I fully expected when the cut scene appeared.

And I didn't get blown up on another replay afterwards either.

Might just be that's some kind of bug affecting some players, sometimes.

It does seem like it's a "sometimes" bug. My first playthrough I took no damage from the gate exploding even though I was infront of it but when I played it again the 2nd week I went from full hull/nearly full shields to 0 hull. I did survive because of the ship trait from the Zahl Cruiser, but it was still irritating that it got wasted on a cutscene.
    talien wrote: »
    Kinda curious that the Gate station exploding didn't even finish off my almost dead Risian cruiser on my alt char. Which is what I fully expected when the cut scene appeared.

It does seem like it's a "sometimes" bug. My first playthrough I took no damage from the gate exploding even though I was infront of it but when I played it again the 2nd week I went from full hull/nearly full shields to 0 hull. I did survive because of the ship trait from the Zahl Cruiser, but it was still irritating that it got wasted on a cutscene.
    was your ship surrounded by a blue/green cloud when the cutscene was over? If so, it may have been one of the Na'kuhl torpedos that got you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    talien wrote: »

I didn't blow up the first time the cutscene happened. My second time through this episode? I got all explody. I didn't check to see if there happened to be a green cloud, and maybe that's why. However, why put a cutscene like that in the middle of the big battle and NOT stop all actions (including NPC actions)?

Yes, I understand that in a real fight, it wouldn't stop for a cutscene. However, STO is not real life. Dying due to an unavoidable and uncontrollable cut scene is not fun.
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Is there a costume unlock for the FE outfit?
    you get Okeg's jacket. For Feds you have the option to wear the UFP logo on it or not.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I mean the assassin outfit.
    Check the Lobi store, there's some Na'kuhl outfit there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    clearing TextEx bug
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    This FE is one the few I ran through with all my toons.

The rewards and narratives are just awsome.

Who ever made the cinematic deserve a cookie. ( just very good result with limited resources....)

When General Vosk made his speech, you can see "there are 4 lights!" in the back ground.

Vosk and his people as insurgents of his timeperiode, I like him a lot.

I do feel like that he wants me to join his crusade to destroy all the time masters

For na'kuhl For destiny!

Mzd8i1c.gif
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    It would be much better if the cutscenes would be skippable...
  • voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Somebody tell me why na'kuhl portal station looks like giant devidian head?
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    I did the calculation, and Stardate 560703.48 is the year 2883. B)