test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upgrade Weekend

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
This weekend will be the perfect time to apply Tech Upgrades to your gear, as we’re doubling the amount of Technology Points earned from each one applied.

My god. Upgrades everywhere.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for the heads-up Trendy.

Minion-Quote-Keep-smiling.jpg

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    oh gravimetric torpedo thy time has finally come. thou demandeth 255,000 technology points a go and lo thy will shall finally be done.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ronin8212ronin8212 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Sounds great if we can ever log in..........
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Except for the Romulan tech upgrades which are exempt from such boosts.

I'm not fond of insults, but I can't say it any other way, that was a phenomenally dumb idea. Way to devalue them.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »

I'm not fond of insults, but I can't say it any other way, that was a phenomenally dumb idea. Way to devalue them.

They will be fixed tomorrow. It's out on Tribble.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Well darn, was upgrading last night. Oh well, more upgrades this weekend. Maybe take some gear to epic levels finally. :)
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Historically, don't they have one of these just before they release new ships?
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    This weekend will be the perfect time to apply Tech Upgrades to your gear, as we’re doubling the amount of Technology Points earned from each one applied.

My god. Upgrades everywhere.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Trendy - can you confirm that this DOES or DOESN'T boost rarity chance as well?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Ahem... Romulan Navy Personal Shield is still broken, missing an upgrade type. Really would be nice to see this fixed for this weekend so it can actually be upgraded:

2ainfhd.jpg
    1xe027q.png
  • varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Upgrade system = worst thing about sto. Reduces flexibility in just flipping fits and greatly increased resource requirements per character. Very alt unfriendly.
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Excellent, all I need to do is find enough dilithium to get my gear to (hopefully) Epic! :)
    MXeSfqV.jpg
    Ahem... Romulan Navy Personal Shield is still broken, missing an upgrade type. Really would be nice to see this fixed for this weekend so it can actually be upgraded:

2ainfhd.jpg

What's wrong with it? I upgraded mine to Epic MK XIV....?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It doesn't list an allowed upgrade type, meaning you have to use something universal to upgrade it at all.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I been expecting this weekend. I got a bunch of techs built up, and Dil to spend it on. Now I can get some nice gear, I hope. Since the Dil to Zen market is horrible, I can finally let loose my Dil.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    anodynes wrote: »
    It doesn't list an allowed upgrade type, meaning you have to use something universal to upgrade it at all.

I dont think I omega's mine all the way up...I know it sounds dumb, but have you tried different types?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Nice timing, got a bunch of Omega upgrades sitting around I didn't get finished in time for the last one and some BtA gear I'm wanting to set up for a future character.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    When they get fixed, daddy has quad cannons to play with.

When they get fixed, daddy has quad cannons to play with.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

2ainfhd.jpg
    The Na'kuhl shield has the same issue.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User

2ainfhd.jpg

Well, the bug report on it got a response in the gameplay bug forum. Apparently shield upgrades work, yet ground does not.
    1xe027q.png
  • crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer

2ainfhd.jpg

Well, the bug report on it got a response in the gameplay bug forum. Apparently shield upgrades work, yet ground does not.

As I stated in the Bug forums, they are correctly being upgraded by Shields upgrade. Those shields not listing the upgrade is a bug. Them upgrading with Shields upgrades is completely expected based on both other shields and the description on the upgrades themselves.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User

Romulan Republic Universal Tech Upgrades are now improved by Upgrade Weekends.

I stand corrected.

Nicely done, Team Cryptic. I retract my criticism with apologies.

Indeed.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

2ainfhd.jpg

As I stated in the Bug forums, they are correctly being upgraded by Shields upgrade. Those shields not listing the upgrade is a bug. Them upgrading with Shields upgrades is completely expected based on both other shields and the description on the upgrades themselves.
    Ah, so it's just a visual glitch, that's good. :)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Good thing I haven't yet spent the Dilithium from the Dilithium Weekend.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Ship prices are too high and the mastery system for ships is so flawed that its crazy to assume someones going to level up a specific ship on each character to the point that a lot of alts would never get played anymore. So maybe if they lower prices and make the efforts needed to benefit from the system feel justified then maybe but even with this same and upgrades and TRIBBLE I gotta say its not worth my time or money to make any type of purchases.
  • kasrakenkasraken Member Posts: 213 Bug Hunter
    Ship prices are too high and the mastery system for ships is so flawed that its crazy to assume someones going to level up a specific ship on each character to the point that a lot of alts would never get played anymore..

What's flawed about mastering ships? Any specifics you can give would be helpful.
    MacoShield_zpsus2ux3rw.png
    Operational Support Team
    Squishing Bugs for a better future
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Ship prices are too high and the mastery system for ships is so flawed that its crazy to assume someones going to level up a specific ship on each character to the point that a lot of alts would never get played anymore. So maybe if they lower prices and make the efforts needed to benefit from the system feel justified then maybe but even with this same and upgrades and TRIBBLE I gotta say its not worth my time or money to make any type of purchases.
    I have levelled several ships on multiple alts and upgraded multiple alts gear to Mark XIV (but almost nothing to Gold/Epic). It's quite doable. It requires regular play, I suppose, 1-2 hours per day would be good. Of course, some people have more time to play, and some less, so different players will have different experiences in that regard.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • voiddweller#2714 voiddweller Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Please make this event happen more often. I might be able to make tech upgrades myself next time.